Author Topic: Tiefling / Aasimar - ECL Suggestion  (Read 1183 times)

SunZhao

• New to the Mists
Tiefling / Aasimar - ECL Suggestion
« on: August 19, 2019, 10:29:30 PM »
Hello! I've noticed from my searches that this has been a topic of discussion in the past and I'd hoped to open a dialogue for some possible changes to make them slightly less harsh to play. In which from my standpoint I mean the current ECL rating of them, while I wouldn't mind the +2 if they were more akin to a half-celestial / half-demon , with them just being planetouched it doesn't make up for the extra level lost.

Levels in ravenloft are especially valuable, I would like to suggest that the ECL be change to 1 just like it is in the PnP version. I understand the reasoning might be something about the bonus feats? If so is there any way to offset that, if not at least make the race worth playing ecl 2.

If anyone has some better suggestions, please by all means! I'm not 100% familiar with every single Ravenloft mechanic, so I might be overlooking something. This is just from my experience and what I've noticed others mentioning in previous posts quite some time ago.

Thanks! Look forward to the discussion!
-SunZhao

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Tiefling / Aasimar - ECL Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 10:41:06 PM »
This has been covered here already:

https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=51408.0

I encourage you to use the Search feature before reopening a debate that happened about a month ago. Also, there are no plans to revise their ECL in their current form (with the bonus feat/skills). I'll lock this topic. You can use the other if you want to continue this debate but that's our development stance on the matter.