You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: 2nd Level Attribute Buffs Affect Wages  (Read 1160 times)

HouseOfLament

• Undead Slayer
2nd Level Attribute Buffs Affect Wages
« on: August 11, 2019, 04:20:49 AM »
My PC's job is a courier in Vallaki.  I casted Fox's Cunning and Eagle's Splendor to get better deals while selling loot.  Afterwards I picked up my wages and noticed the bonus was 1 gp per day higher than normal.  I rested and picked up my wages again.  I then observed that my bonus was back down to the normal amount, so this was not a module change.
Discord: Delawhere

Current:

Dementlieu: Willem van der Hoot, Outlander Beguiler
Barovia: Oliver Blumfeld, Mordentish Shaman

Previous: Anton Durand, Ezrite Cleric of the Fekete Sereg

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: 2nd Level Attribute Buffs Affect Wages
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 08:27:41 PM »
While not ideal, this isn't a bug. The system can't differentiate between skill points given via feats and ranks given via spells or items, so we can either limit it to actual ranks or open it up to all sorts of buffs.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
Re: 2nd Level Attribute Buffs Affect Wages
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 11:15:38 PM »
IMO, this doesn't seem that bad, given that professions are a minor income earner compared to other things; If a Courier in Vallaki is using magic on the down-low to be outstanding in his field and earn some extra gold, that seems entirely legit -- So long as it's roleplayed as such. You're being paid more for casting those spells because different jobs will pay you bonus wages based on your attributes/skills relevant to the job. A pleasantly mundane usage of magic to subtly enhance ones' personal life.