You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Panther Wildshape  (Read 1044 times)

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
Panther Wildshape
« on: August 08, 2019, 02:24:06 PM »
Dear Developers,

What was the reason for the removal of this wildshape?

I consider that it looked the best of all the cat shapes, by merit of looking the least bad. Of all the weird clipping one can expect in a game this old, the panther's single-colour silhouette made it very difficult to discern any oddities with its textures where the limbs joined the body.

I haven't seen all of the different tigers yet, but I know the default tiger/cougar looks very strange because the colours on its legs and body are just mismatched enough to look uncanny. The white tiger, I assume, has stripes which will probably look weird. I am also guessing that the jaguar and cheetah will look a little strange, too, given these kinds of tigers generally have spots rather than a single-colour silhouette. I might @relevel a few times to take a look at the forms, but since they show up so rarely in the module, it's hard to get a gauge on what exactly they will look like until I have actually taken the feat.

When I made my Druid I was not aware that the form was actually removed and it was one of the main aesthetics I wanted for the character.

I was shown a post that said the panther does not fit the theme. Not to point fingers and ask a million questions, but what makes a panther so out there that it doesn't fit in a fantasy world like Ravenloft full of far stranger things than a Druid turning into an animal most people have never seen? Furthermore...

1) What about gorillas and monkeys, besides the one or two monkeys spawning in Har'Akir?
2) Are there even polar bears in the wilderness on this server that justify their appearance?
3) Do Druids need to have seen a certain kind of animal before assuming the shape?
5) Why can we summon a panther companion but can't assume the shape?

Thanks
Sardine
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.