Within the swirling Mist (IC) > Biographies

The journal of Brock “The Bull” Hansen

(1/1)

Sir Dally:
*Sophia said I should try keeping a journal, An gave me this blank book. Hells am I suposta write in here? What's the point in this damn thing? Whos going to read it anyhow? Pity the dumb girl seems so hopeful, guess it could pass the time between jobs, and with these “wolf men” about at night I dont have much to do, why not! I'll give it go.

*Another journey into that damn crypt, it's kind of exciting, though I could do without the “My bodyguard and I could assist you” or “oh we need to help them Brock!” Need to get paid and dump her, this “heroic” routine is getting old.

*Damn girl finally paid my fee! The entire asked sum too. I’ll have her drained dry and leave her cold. Tired of playing goodie-goodie anyhow.

*Seems she found more “evil abominations” to slay to the north, should be interesting muse for my skills. Side note - Damn girl keeps saying shite about my soul and how I can be saved, I could just kill her, take her coin, and be rid of her. But alas I know she only has a few dozen of this “fang” though it would be worth it if only to quell the blabbering.

*Well that was not what I expected, I was only able to fight those “Shadows” with her damn “Faithful” powers. Felt like I was fighting with my eyes closed in the darkness letting her “lent” power destroy the things. She kept me on my feet too. I hate to say it, If this land has more things like that, I may need to keep her around.

*Again with all the “heroics” could have just left the fools to die, taken the coin, and left. but no! we have to get them back up….. by wasting our coin and my salary. She owes me for two pay periods now. Before this damn “mist” I would have just killed her and be done, But I need those “powers” of hers.

*Another scheme with some fool in purple and his wife to go kill wolf men at night, well I hope it pays, Though if it doesn't I get try this silver great sword Sophia bought me. Though I wonder what it will do to a certain pampas priestess who loves to shove their views down people's throats?

*Again! She keeps me alive! Though she couldn't fight much seeing how she was too busy helping those other two back up. I put the beasts down though.

*Another scheme “Rid a temple of a dark power and restore its light” What a load of shite.

*Again! She keeps me from losing my head…..  Damn things were scary! Not used to the dead ghost things tryin ta claw my guts out! Though seems she can just say a few words and I'm back, feels like I could take on the world with her behind me. Oddly comforting.

*Seems after that fight, she made friends with some “holy warrior”, found some gauntlets down in that old temple an’ it's got em shook bad. They stopped for a bite at a local tavern. You should have seen the “Mighty priestess Sophia” chase after a piece of pork in a bowl of broth. Kinda cute.

*Sophie left to see the gaurda about something, I know I should follow her ... But she was insistent on my staying out of this one. I don't know why, but it hurts not to have her around….. I feel so pointless! Restless! Useless! Gods why!- People are starting to stare I think i'll turn in and sleep the time away.

*Ware-rats pretending to be guards. what a fine mess this is. Seems Sophie went and got herself into trouble again. I’ll get her out, go west there is an old hut near an outpost. Take her there, keep her safe until this blows over.

*Stopped for tea in that town near the outpost getting Sophie from the rat-guards. She Thanked me, paid me, and left for that damn “green cloak” hold out near here….. She just canceled our contract like that! How could she!........ after all we have been through! Damn faithful…..

*3 days now…. I've watched this road in front of this temple day and night, nothing, no sign of her. Folk keep calling me “mad” Telling me to “Put that sword away!” and “get inside” I've gotten so tired of it….. I just Grunt and shrug it off.

*I've stopped counting the nights now, she is probably safe with the “green cloaks” now. I’ll just find someone else and move on. Just a job right?

*Seems there are all manner of folk coming back here, some say they were trapped behind a fog wall to the east.

*In my boredom I made a few trips in the crypts clearing it for the priestess up stairs. Potions are nice keeps my mind off the recent events…… I even saved a few poor folk an’ dragged them back up! Don't know “why” I did it…. Habit perhaps?

Sir Dally:
*I met a man today, he was odd, gruff, with a voice that screams “i've been around awhile,'' Gave me some advice about my “habits” he said that “What you want can't be forced, it happens naturally” However, What I want is lost…. And the only thing that I would wish instead comes with training, experience, and gold. For someone who “Has been around” the old salt sure as hell aint knowin shite, least o’ all about me. He did give me some hints on some acidic globs and greater vampires…. So he may know a thing or two? Time will tell.

*I met a man and his sister in the temple today, seems his sister in interested in making blades, I had knowledge of this, thanks to another who educated me as to how to acquire copper weapons for the fey in the Sullen woods. I suppose it was only "right" to pass the info on and teach them what I could, besides maybe ill get a free sword out of the deal?

*The days fly, My strength grows, as does my reputation for swinging this blade. I've saved countless people, killed numerous monsters, completed hundreds of bounties and for what?.... It all feels so pointless. I met some folk that I don't want to cleave in half for a change, and others I would die for. It is an odd feeling, Is this what comradery is?

*Met a Hin and Nastia on the road today- said they were looking into the ruins in the northern mountains they looked beat up. So I decided to take a look, all I found where weak enemies and a severe distaste for barovia- I used to like coming here, now it feels a waste of my time. This land has little more to offer me… Yet it seems they were thankful- I guess that makes it worth it right?

*Seems some folk were trapped under the old orphanage…. Again into the fray I went, two corpses brought back from the dead and my coin pouch is lighter. The old “me” would have left them to rot...

*My boredom and distaste for this land continues to grow, I sprint through everything in barovia as if I am a hot knife through butter- And yet…. Isn't this what I wanted? Power…. With all of what I have gained, all I have done….. I feel dead- Empty- I have countless people who would gladly take my blade- and yet I feel “alone”

*I struggle to understand exactly what i'm doing here, why I continue doing what I do.. Its as if I go through the motions out of “habit” more than “want” yet here I am.

*I have spoken to many- None can give me the answers I seek, they speak of perseverance and purpose as if it is to clearly laid bare for one such as I. My mind is fogged my vision dimmed and yet I simply keep swinging in the dark hoping something hits…..

*Met with that Salt again… He was right…. This entire time… I have found power without purpose and have nothing to do with it. Was that what he meant all this time? Was he referring to “purpose” from the beginning? Either way- I can’t force what I want. He says it's about those you help on the way, about those ya fight for- Shite iffin tha’s it ive fought fer alot o’ folk. 

*With all my supposed power and strength, all I can see is weakness. I have searched for divine help- all I find is silence, I have searched for demonic assistance- again silence. Every route every potential turn is blocked, this path I travel is one that wears on me, and all I find is anger and hate. for what I am- What I will become-

*An old friend has gotten themselves in trouble again… just after she lectured me! Seems she was killed around barovia…. I have taken a trip with Lance to find her, as suspect nothing will become of it. I will wait for the proper channels to be taken… if that doesn't work- I don't want to think about it, I'll head back and search for her…. Its all I can think about now…. Any thing else will have to wait- I have to find her…..

*Lance’s investigation was for nothing…. I have searched barovia night and day… Nothing…. I am angry… all this work… all this time…. Nothing… no clue no evidence… she just disappeared off the street at night…. I have to keep trying.

*In my search for Avana I met a traveler in the fisherman lodge, she was taking shelter from the night. I cleaved a path back to the vistani camp, odd she seemed local.

*“Numb” is all I feel now…. She is gone- I should accept that. But I can't… I just have to try.

*Met a strange “chef” on the road today, Was trying to rob a traveler I suppose…. At the sight of me it seemed to have fled under invisibility. How odd?

*I took a walk through Valaki today, seems a guard took issue with my blade… Claimed it magical. Said it was “vraja” I've seen too many good folk hung or worse for the accusation… “Take me in” Ha! More like make me a plaything till they kill me. A shame he is in one of my traveling bags now. He could have just let me walk away. I warned the fool not to make an enemy of me….  Now getting Avana back will be.... Troublesome.

Sir Dally:
*“Murderer” Interesting title, I haven't held this one in sometime, since they even.... and again I have apparently found myself wanted with a price on my head. I haven't felt this alive in quite some time, life suddenly seems worth keeping, Ironic…. How life tends to come full circle? Perhaps men can't change? 

*I have spent too long… Searched everywhere I could, Avana if she is somewhere… It’s doubtful I will ever get her back at this point.

*I think today was the first time I have ever truly prayed, Will Ezra hear me? I think I am far past the point of salvation…. Though that is why they call it faith right?

*I spend my nights cloaked sitting alone in the back of the Cathedral in port and Temple at the Keep in barovia. I leave a generous donation and most seem to leave me alone. I held a grudge for so long…. Yet here I sit, alone and given shelter by folk who would probably kill me if they knew who was under this hood.

*Alone and at the near end of my road, All I can do is beg for forgiveness, For what I was, for what I have become… “Saviour” and “murderer”. “Friend” and “fiend”, “Respected” and “hated”. All that I have done, the lives I have affected, both good and bad…..  I beg you, Guide me, let me find a way out of this mess I have carved myself into.

*Passed through the outskirts again, folk where looking for a necromancer, I offered my blade… needless to say greed and bloodlust outweighed the good of men to put a necromancer down…. I’ll give the fact Im a killer, a slaver, an mercenary…. But raisin the dead, that… Just ain't right. I would have helped em too…. And walked away after…. Hells even the green cloaks turned on me… AFTER ALL I HAVE HELPED THEM! I spent many nights watching the roads, helping who I could. Hell's I have fought off more than one of the horrors of this land with and without them holy types…...  Shite this is a mess, I had to run didn't want to kill em….. Damn fools…

*Had to kill a few vardo over this mess, damn fools tried to kill my friend, and another two heads in my bag…. So much blood, all born of ignorance….. Ezra save me, this is bad…. I ain't one fer fighting the trouble this is going to bring, I'm gettin real tired o' killin folk fer nothin. One last bet… I’ll turn em over…. Its all I got left… My last gamble, Gods let it play off….. If not, Ezra save my sorry arse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version