Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Variable MPC application.

(1/5) > >>

Garrund:
I was thinking after reading the thread regarding new systems and features and I got an idea, I am not sure if it is bad or good, but since it might be good I will expose it around here and let you guys decide (I didn't answer in the thread because this would be a rules thing more than a system or feature thing).

I would suggest the "Variable MPC application".

As it is known, most AMPCs find a severe game over whenever they get killed. This haves the consequence that the MPCs that usually stick are those who have a way to scape if things go south, mainly, Vampires and Wererats from the top of my head.

Maybe taking this fact into account and letting those who select less survivable MPCs create various monsters (Like 3 or so) would make the monsters we see terrorizing people variate more and make the nights more oppresive, since in some way this would increase the ammount of MPCs present on the setting and in my experience they are one of the elements that provide more RP in a self-regulating way.

Another way of implementing this would be to allow to make one main MPC and two minor ones. (A classification would be needed) The important part of the application would be major one, and then the minor ones might be of a lower level or a lower survivability.

Since a lot of people when do their applications to MPCs dont want to make one that they will easily lose, this might give them the courage to do one that they wont lose and try some new or different things on the sidelines.

Maybe it is too much or I am overseeing something, but I thought it could be interesting.

Sammylix:
Are you not allowed to have both an MPC and an AMPC? I feel like this somewhat addresses your concerns. To continue, I feel someone having three monster characters, even if two are minor, defeats the purpose. You originally sign up knowing it could end abruptly, and thus you have enhanced powers. That's just my take on it though.

Nemesis 24:
Not sure what this post means at all tbqh.  If your AMPC dies, apply for another one.

BraveSirRobin:

--- Quote from: Garrund on August 02, 2019, 06:02:49 AM ---I was thinking after reading the thread regarding new systems and features and I got an idea, I am not sure if it is bad or good, but since it might be good I will expose it around here and let you guys decide (I didn't answer in the thread because this would be a rules thing more than a system or feature thing).

I would suggest the "Variable MPC application".

As it is known, most AMPCs find a severe game over whenever they get killed. This haves the consequence that the MPCs that usually stick are those who have a way to scape if things go south, mainly, Vampires and Wererats from the top of my head.

Maybe taking this fact into account and letting those who select less survivable MPCs create various monsters (Like 3 or so) would make the monsters we see terrorizing people variate more and make the nights more oppresive, since in some way this would increase the ammount of MPCs present on the setting and in my experience they are one of the elements that provide more RP in a self-regulating way.

Another way of implementing this would be to allow to make one main MPC and two minor ones. (A classification would be needed) The important part of the application would be major one, and then the minor ones might be of a lower level or a lower survivability.

Since a lot of people when do their applications to MPCs dont want to make one that they will easily lose, this might give them the courage to do one that they wont lose and try some new or different things on the sidelines.

Maybe it is too much or I am overseeing something, but I thought it could be interesting.

--- End quote ---

I think I see what you're trying to suggest, but that would be considered storycrossing. Even if you had three monsterous characters, they couldn't exist in the same area, or have any sort of influence on the story of the other two in any way, shape, or form. Whenever your current aMPC/MPC dies, you can however just apply for another and keep the fun going.

Sammylix:

--- Quote from: Nemesis 24 on August 02, 2019, 11:27:36 AM ---Not sure what this post means at all tbqh.  If your AMPC dies, apply for another one.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I also was in the boat of not fully understanding what they meant. I'd assumed they wanted multiple MPCs, which wouldn't fly unless they had both an aMPC and MPC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version