You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Hooded robes vs. non hooded (slayers and robes of guardian)  (Read 2732 times)

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Hey can you guys make it so that the slayers robe and the robes of the guardian use the non hooded robe model vs the hooded.  cause that hood is rediculous and aweful and looks terrible with any other headwear/cloak

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
Re: Hooded robes vs. non hooded (slayers and robes of guardian)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 01:04:45 AM »
+1

They make it to where you basically can't wear a helmet with them unless you think clipping looks cool.  The Slayer's Robes is appearance locked to have a robe/hood, and the Hood of the Mouse is appearance locked to be a hood, so you get to wear 2 hoods at the same time that clip through each other (and have slightly different color even when the same dye is used) in order to have mid-tier stealth gear.

Of course, I'd also kind of like it to become an IC thing that all stealthers wear 2 hoods because it's "more sneakier" so if this is the protected vision that the item's maker envisioned when making them appearance locked, we must respect that :lol:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 01:06:20 AM by Legion XXI »

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 01:35:14 AM »
Totally agree

I'm all for the appearance locked things, but these in particular are pretty hard on the eyes.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 03:13:59 AM »
Or add a tag to the slayer robe desc that this cant be worn with a hood.

[Mwahahaha]

Clean head model helmets work very nicely with the slayers robe I've seen, but fair enough. I guess hoods with faces are too cool for tru sneaks.

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 03:51:45 AM »
Clean head model helmets work very nicely with the slayers robe I've seen, but fair enough. I guess hoods with faces are too cool for tru sneaks.

That's the problem though, both pieces in question are commonly used together, and both un-modifiable.  It forces you to look like THIS:

Though maybe this is stealther's punishment for making listen builds wear the ever-hilarious un-modifiable Helm of the Bat.  Honestly, "Hoodception" might even win out in style points between the two.

Edit: Forbidden bonus image added
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 10:18:21 PM by Legion XXI »

PlatointheCave

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 04:02:10 AM »
I love doing serious roleplay wearing a sack and a hood so that when I look left and right my associates can see my mastery of fourth dimensional warping.

The sack was appearance locked because there was a naughty piece under the robe for women, not for any strict aesthetic or lore reasons. Would it not make more sense to change the torso setting under the robe?

I can live with a lot but being stuck with a blatantly clipping hood and robe because both are my only options for decent stealth gear in those slots is an immersion breaking hell.

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 06:49:39 AM »
Or add a tag to the slayer robe desc that this cant be worn with a hood.

[Mwahahaha]

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but most of the time it just ends up looking like Legions example.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 05:03:52 PM »
I mean, even without a good I have clipping issues with my hair

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 10:18:08 PM »
please gods of development, read this thread and hear my plea

this item looks so stupid but it's too useful to ignore

release us from this suffering and make it modifiable

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 11:23:20 PM »
'O Dreaded one,

Please accept this offering from your humbler servants

and hear our plea

Spoiler: show

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 06:58:02 AM »
I really have no idea why they didn't just change the torso model, instead of locking the robe in place. It'd be better if they'd allow it to be modified, period, and just switched the torso model to a clean one, because due to our scripting, you can't voluntarily choose the naughty booby model.

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 07:52:19 PM »

That's the problem though, both pieces in question are commonly used together, and both un-modifiable.  It forces you to look like THIS:

Though maybe this is stealther's punishment for making listen builds wear the ever-hilarious un-modifiable Helm of the Bat.  Honestly, "Hoodception" might even win out in style points between the two.

please :(

please unlock this item.

Or at least unlock hood of the mouse so I can stop being forced to wear 2 hoods for stealth gear

Along the Warlock Road

• New to the Mists
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 08:20:16 PM »

please :(

please unlock this item.

Or at least unlock hood of the mouse so I can stop being forced to wear 2 hoods for stealth gear

Yes please.

StreetSamurai

• Outlander
  • Isle of Sartosa
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2019, 12:14:48 AM »
I really appreciate that the robes come with a brain sucker for certain head models!  :lol:

Not that it matters because I give my enemies the double hood treatment. Nothing really helps fight back the guard like being locked into doning a hood 24/7!

It's terrible because the only way to comply with a hood check now is to strip naked and then I get thrown in the stocks!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 12:21:02 AM by NoLove »
now with 100% less rvt

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 09:30:22 AM »
Just thought I'd add that I've actually had PCs refuse to buy this item because of the clipping issues. These models really need to be changed.
"No, you." -Captain America

Curbstone Trappings

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 08:12:28 AM »
I think it would be better to lock the robe to a very similar looking robe model, too. The idea of the item being visually blatant stealth gear is rather fine, but the clipping issues just hurt the aesthetics and honestly - Imagine your PC being assassinated by a character running around in a Slayer's Robe and Mouse Hood. Adds insult to injury.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »
I'll change them so their appearance can be modified, though that will only affect new ones dropping in the loot tables. Following the next update (post-patch) you can ask a DM to change yours if you have existing ones.

StreetSamurai

• Outlander
  • Isle of Sartosa
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 06:11:45 PM »
Nine out of ten stealth players love EO with one simple trick! Click here to find out more!
now with 100% less rvt

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2019, 06:13:48 PM »
I'll change them so their appearance can be modified, though that will only affect new ones dropping in the loot tables. Following the next update (post-patch) you can ask a DM to change yours if you have existing ones.

Is this in the patch being implemented with the Disguise system?

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2019, 07:06:09 PM »

Is this in the patch being implemented with the Disguise system?

Yes.