Author Topic: Hooded robes vs. non hooded (slayers and robes of guardian)  (Read 457 times)

ZSRunner

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Slayer
Hey can you guys make it so that the slayers robe and the robes of the guardian use the non hooded robe model vs the hooded.  cause that hood is rediculous and aweful and looks terrible with any other headwear/cloak

Legion XXI

• Community Council
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
Re: Hooded robes vs. non hooded (slayers and robes of guardian)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 01:04:45 AM »
+1

They make it to where you basically can't wear a helmet with them unless you think clipping looks cool.  The Slayer's Robes is appearance locked to have a robe/hood, and the Hood of the Mouse is appearance locked to be a hood, so you get to wear 2 hoods at the same time that clip through each other (and have slightly different color even when the same dye is used) in order to have mid-tier stealth gear.

Of course, I'd also kind of like it to become an IC thing that all stealthers wear 2 hoods because it's "more sneakier" so if this is the protected vision that the item's maker envisioned when making them appearance locked, we must respect that :lol:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 01:06:20 AM by Legion XXI »

HM01

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
  • The Iron Paradise
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 01:35:14 AM »
Totally agree

I'm all for the appearance locked things, but these in particular are pretty hard on the eyes.

zDark Shadowz

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 03:13:59 AM »
Or add a tag to the slayer robe desc that this cant be worn with a hood.

[Mwahahaha]

Clean head model helmets work very nicely with the slayers robe I've seen, but fair enough. I guess hoods with faces are too cool for tru sneaks.
Currently playing Karaz Steel, the Knave with the Glaive.

Legion XXI

• Community Council
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 03:51:45 AM »
Clean head model helmets work very nicely with the slayers robe I've seen, but fair enough. I guess hoods with faces are too cool for tru sneaks.

That's the problem though, both pieces in question are commonly used together, and both un-modifiable.  It forces you to look like THIS:

Though maybe this is stealther's punishment for making listen builds wear the ever-hilarious un-modifiable Helm of the Bat.  Honestly, "Hoodception" might even win out in style points between the two.

Edit: Forbidden bonus image added
Spoiler: show
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 04:00:39 AM by Legion XXI »

PlatointheCave

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 04:02:10 AM »
I love doing serious roleplay wearing a sack and a hood so that when I look left and right my associates can see my mastery of fourth dimensional warping.

The sack was appearance locked because there was a naughty piece under the robe for women, not for any strict aesthetic or lore reasons. Would it not make more sense to change the torso setting under the robe?

I can live with a lot but being stuck with a blatantly clipping hood and robe because both are my only options for decent stealth gear in those slots is an immersion breaking hell.

HM01

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
  • The Iron Paradise
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 06:49:39 AM »
Or add a tag to the slayer robe desc that this cant be worn with a hood.

[Mwahahaha]

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but most of the time it just ends up looking like Legions example.

ZSRunner

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 05:03:52 PM »
I mean, even without a good I have clipping issues with my hair