You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Governors hotel multi key bug  (Read 1039 times)

Artemis

• New to the Mists
Governors hotel multi key bug
« on: July 24, 2019, 04:08:40 PM »
Name:
Governors Hotel multiple keys

Where:
Governors hotel, specifically guest room 2

When:
When renewing my stay

What:
Upon purchasing a guest suite (number 2 to be exact) I purchased additional keys. I hand them to the appropriate parties, then renewed my stay at a specific time to keep track of it. Upon renewing it, all the guest keys failed no function (as intended I imagine). I was never prompted in conversation about repurchasing additional keys, not is that an option when I have said master key.

Recreate:
Purchase a guest room key with three additional keys. Then, renew your stay and you will have a bunch of guest keys that do not work, along with no option to purchase additional ones either during renewal, or by chatting with the desk clerk afterwards.

Ideas:
No idea.
Now Playing:

Vale Corvinas

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: Governors hotel multi key bug
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 04:20:07 PM »
Indeed. It’s not a bug. You can only get spare keys when you first get the room due to technical limitations. Your best bet is changing rooms then picking extra keys.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Dante101

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 04:28:44 PM »
It works if you have the secondary guest keys in your inventory when you renew. Takes some coordination though.

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 04:00:01 PM »
Maybe this is a silly suggestion, but what if we just made it so you could add more keys at any time? an infinite number, whatever.  Then, each week the master key-holder could just make new copies to hand out to whomever and the whole thing is fine.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 04:37:21 PM »
Maybe this is a silly suggestion, but what if we just made it so you could add more keys at any time? an infinite number, whatever.  Then, each week the master key-holder could just make new copies to hand out to whomever and the whole thing is fine.

Because it’s not feasible with the current system?