You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Merchant Selling Losing Money  (Read 1716 times)

PeleLeekpai

• Outlander
Merchant Selling Losing Money
« on: July 21, 2019, 04:43:09 PM »
Name:
Merchant Selling Losing Money

Where:
This has just occurred to me at the Vardo Trading Wagon in the Mist Camp, since that is where I sell.

When:
The bug has occurred several times at the Vardo trader, at least three times that I remember specifically. I have however traded without the bug occurring. I have traded with and without bardsong, and had the bug occur in both occasions. I believe the last time it occurred was yesterday, around 11 pm UTC. I only noticed the bug maybe three days ago.

What:
The bug that occurs is when selling an item of high value, the item will say it is worth, say 1025 coin, but when I sell it, I only receive 750 coin. I have a screenshot from the second time it occurred to me. In the first Screenshot, you can see I am going to sell a "Death's Touch" for 1162. I also have 5907 fang.
Spoiler: show

In the second Screenshot you can see the "Death's Touch" sold for 750 coin, and that is how much coin I got from the transaction. So I now have 6657 fang, an increase of just 750.
Spoiler: show

The next time I sell, and I have items that sell for over 750, I will try doing the @debug command before and after selling? If anyone thinks it will help.

I would also like to make a note, that the prices of items under 750 were not reduced, but sold for the price listed when highlighting them.

Recreate:
I have a 37 appraise with my gear. That is the amulet of souk , the unadorned rings, and the merchant gloves. I have all three trader's feats, and I have skill focus (appraise). I have had the bug with barsong played, and I have had it without playing bardsong.

Ideas:
I'm worried it may have something to do with a cap I seem to have. I'm worried my feats may be glitched? I know of another merchant who had the feats, but three points less in appraise then me, who could sell amulets of Kali for 40 fang, while I seem to only be able to get it to 34? It may have nothing to do with it, but I thought I would put that in.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 07:39:34 PM by PeleLeekpai »

zDark Shadowz

Re: Merchant Selling Losing Money
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 05:29:53 PM »
As a side note with this trader, his selling limit is normally 750 as a base level before appraise checks do their +/- and increase that limit, if that helps at all with debugging.

Dante101

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 08:44:35 PM »
I've noticed this issue as well... interestingly, it seems to happen after someone else accesses the trader as well, I think. It's happened twice to me, so I'm not sure if that's truly a contributing factor... But if I close the shop window and reaccess it through conversation with the merchant, it fixes it.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 09:31:05 PM »
As a side note with this trader, his selling limit is normally 750 as a base level before appraise checks do their +/- and increase that limit, if that helps at all with debugging.
I have a character with 1 or 2 final appraise that was able to sell an item to him for over 1000.

The chat said I received that coin amount and nothing was amiss.

But this was months ago, maybe a new bug has appeared.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

PeleLeekpai

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 07:50:27 PM »
I've noticed this issue as well... interestingly, it seems to happen after someone else accesses the trader as well, I think. It's happened twice to me, so I'm not sure if that's truly a contributing factor... But if I close the shop window and reaccess it through conversation with the merchant, it fixes it.

Thank you, I will try that. I'll just do it every time I access the merchant, to be certain.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 09:06:32 PM »
Good catch but yeah, it seems to be due to other people using the merchant after you. There's no way in NwN right now to set a merchant's cap for only one character.