Author Topic: Ravenloft Hak dowloand and other mulitplayer servers  (Read 2241 times)

Cado

• New to the Mists
Ravenloft Hak dowloand and other mulitplayer servers
« on: July 12, 2019, 11:04:38 PM »
I was hoping to download the Hak for Ravenloft, but when I started going through the process it looked like it overwrites other files. I already have NWN:EE through Steam and I don't want to jeapardize other Mulitplayer servers I'm on currently by downloading the Hak for Ravenloft. I may be paranoid or simply uninformed, but I'd like to try this out w/o disrupting other servers. I only really play on Multiplayer servers on NVN:EE.

QDS

• Undead Master
Re: Ravenloft Hak dowloand and other mulitplayer servers
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 12:27:36 AM »
You can make a backup of your Hak folder somewhere else. Then switch if the other servers do not work.
Rock'n'rolla...

Cado

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 03:21:25 PM »
Thank your for your response. I'm not a technical person. Does this mean i would download the Hak data per instructions then copy it elsewhere? I don't know how to switch as you suggest. If you could describe it like I was an older guy not that well versed in manipulating data files or downloads but pretty good at following instructions that would be awesome and my current reality :)

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 03:25:20 PM »
It's most likely that you already have copies of the CEP haks, lots of servers use them.
Using the Downloader won't impede your ability to play elsewhere. Nothing is going to be overwritten that will conflict with other servers haks.

Cado

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 05:53:02 PM »
so, following the instructions I downloaded the content, still get an error that I don't have the right Hak. Not sure what else to do. Any help would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:43:24 PM by Cado »

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 07:38:49 PM »
Ravenloft haks cannot conflict with other servers unless they’re somehow using changed or outdated versions of our own haks. However, our overrides could theoretically conflict, so it’s those you should keep an eye on.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Cado

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 09:08:22 PM »
Fair enough. I still can't log in after doing the downloads.

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 03:36:11 AM »
You also put the .tlk in the right folder?

Building out off the mists

Cado

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 08:55:25 PM »
Good question and I don't know. I thought I did.  The instructions indicate to extract the Hak files into the NVN document folder, which i did.   I'm not sure what this means : "
Notice that there's both files for the 'hak' subfolder and the 'tlk' subfolder.[/i]"  When I check the directories the TLK directory has .tlk files, and the HAK directory has .hak files.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:57:51 PM by Cado »

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 03:42:02 AM »
That seems right. You do also have the right version of CEP?

Building out off the mists

Cado

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 07:52:11 PM »
I used the latest from the website, version 2.65.  All the CEP files went into the Hak directory.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 10:57:31 PM »
Servers that require you to store files locally are going to cause issues, thankfully you can have all of Ravenlofts required files in the steam directory instead.

Might pay to duplicate your game files so you have one set of local files for one server and the rest for another so there arent any conflicts trying to use other peoples overrides in the wrong server. Switch in the one you need when it's time to go there.

MissEvelyn

• New to the Mists
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2019, 11:55:34 PM »
NWSync would be so much better. For as long as it's been out, you'd think it would come to Ravenloft already.