Author Topic: Can't walk slowly  (Read 1688 times)

yenneldanwolf

• New to the Mists
Can't walk slowly
« on: July 11, 2019, 02:41:35 PM »
So... @walk normal doesn't work. Not sure when it did last, never checked until recently... and my Barb walks as fast as before, it's hard not to leave other people behind while walking.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Re: Can't walk slowly
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 04:54:36 PM »
not sure it works for barbs, but there is a walk button in your radial dial.  Select your class, then look through the many radial options for the walk button.  I think this should help.

yenneldanwolf

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 06:43:20 AM »
I can walk, yes... but too fast. The walking speed of my barb is faster than other classes' walking speed, except monks maybe.

From what I've heard, the command @walk normal should reduce your walking speed to normal... but it doesn't, which I believe to be the bug

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 10:01:43 AM »
Barb speed will make you faster than normal people when you're in stealth or detect mode (or using shift to walk). Not sure about the @ command you're using, but POTM has a walk mode toggle in the radial menu, or at least it used to.

Unless it was removed, you'll find it somewhere in the section of the radial menu where you find the other custom things that POTM added like the examine tool and what not. Be warned though, because all it does it essentially apply a slow spell on you, you'll be doing the Baywatch (running in slow-mo) thanks to your barb speed. Personally I just use shift-click or detect mode and wait for others to catch up, sometimes teasing them for being so slow.

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 11:04:02 AM »
Quote from: April 13th Patch Update notes
- Added '@walk normal' to make the character walk at a normal speed (used for monks and other classes/races with faster movement speed)

This is what yenneldanwolf is referring to.  So far none of the respondents seem to be aware of it's existence. 

Based off of the description it should work for all classes with faster than normal movement speed.

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

Disorder

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 02:22:43 AM »
Can confirm @walk normal doesn't work work for my monk character approximately from a time when bug with missing fortitude point was fixed. Additionally, the command that shows time of last server reset does not work too.

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 04:10:14 AM »
Yeah it’s been broken for a little while for me too.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 10:40:30 AM »
Thanks for the report. I found the cause (the new help commands) and will fix it.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 09:05:06 PM »
This should now be fixed. Can anyone confirm?

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 09:11:58 PM »
Tested with Monk Speed - seems to be working properly now.  Thanks EO!