You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Spell Suggestion: Amanuensis (Additional functionality)  (Read 1145 times)

callofzoidberg

• New to the Mists
  • It burns when I RP
Spell Suggestion: Amanuensis (Additional functionality)
« on: July 06, 2019, 02:48:23 PM »
Hello,

First I want to say kudos to the dungeon builders past and present, who go so far to add interesting lore in the way of scattered notes all over the dungeons. This lore is very interesting, but in the heat of the moment it is always so difficult to stop and enjoy it all!

For this purpose, as well as for us lore collectors, I was wondering if the ability to copy these scattered text pages could be added to the Amanuensis cantrip, or if another system could be added to quickly make copies of these?

Thank you for your consideration.
Caitlin O'Kellee - Born without 'Talent'
Armistice - Debutante

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
Re: Spell Suggestion: Amanuensis (Additional functionality)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 07:02:11 PM »
Hello,

First I want to say kudos to the dungeon builders past and present, who go so far to add interesting lore in the way of scattered notes all over the dungeons. This lore is very interesting, but in the heat of the moment it is always so difficult to stop and enjoy it all!

For this purpose, as well as for us lore collectors, I was wondering if the ability to copy these scattered text pages could be added to the Amanuensis cantrip, or if another system could be added to quickly make copies of these?

Thank you for your consideration.

What i do is i usually take a screenshot of these texts, and copy it manually into a txt file.
It is tedious, but it actually may come handy once later you wish to make a compilation, as in print a book, or if you would like to quote texts from these "lore" books.
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
Re: Spell Suggestion: Amanuensis (Additional functionality)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 04:26:47 PM »
I imagine it would be pretty hard to make it work.

All of those items are just placeables, nothing will code them specifically as a 'book' or 'writing', they just have a description like any other placeable.

If they were able to do that, someone would have to go through and add a variable to every placeable to identify it as 'a book' or 'not a book', for the spell to check against.... not something I imagine worth the enormous time of doing for the minor convenience of being able to copy them.

Not saying they won't! But, I imagine their efforts are well suited elsewhere.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess