You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Monsters not spawning in the Well  (Read 940 times)

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
Monsters not spawning in the Well
« on: May 13, 2020, 09:15:59 PM »

Where:
     In the Well by the Village of Barovia

When:
   When entering the dungeon.

What:
    Upon entering the map, grabbing a key, and going north, I encountered zero monsters. Got to a check, and unlocked it, DC of 18, and there was nothing in it.  Left the dungeon, waited 20 minutes, then went in again to verify resetting the area would not fix it.

Recreate:
     Enter the Well, and see if things spawn.
Ideas:
     I'm not too sure. I recall the dungeon bugging out in a similar manner last year, but i can't find the thread that talked about it :-(  Perhaps a spawn trigger is messed up. 
     Dungeon was spawning properly last night, as I was in it when the server crashed. 
     I did update to the newer NWN patch on Steam, if that will have any effect on things.

zDark Shadowz

Re: Monsters not spawning in the Well
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 09:52:48 PM »
Someone probably cleared out the spawn fully already and it hasn't had the time required to reset to a point mobs will spawn near the entrance.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 09:59:57 PM »
It's possible, but I'd expect at least one thing in a chest, even if it sells for 1 fang. Just noting, and some research can be done.

Yesper

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 06:12:03 AM »
The spawn seems incredibly variable. The DC on the first chest is laughably low when compared to the DC at max spawn. It may very well be that the mobs do not spawn because their CR is too high for the spawn level... Or something like that - I'm still learning how all of that works. #devdreams

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 11:00:26 AM »
I came into this dungeon right after reset, it was still empty. And the chests were locked, but empty of loot. It seems to be some kind of bug.
Not all who wander are lost.

Kinga

• 🎀𝐸𝓁𝒹𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒢𝑜𝒹𝒹𝑒𝓈𝓈🎀
  • The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • 𝐵𝑒 𝒢𝒶𝓎 𝒟𝑜 𝒞𝓇𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 01:40:37 PM »
I came into this dungeon right after reset, it was still empty. And the chests were locked, but empty of loot. It seems to be some kind of bug.
Can confirm

Chabxxu

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 02:15:43 PM »
Player driven reset used to lower the spawns of dungeons that were already low spawn. If this dungeon takes a long time to go to max spawn, it is possible that each player reset, which are happening frequently lately is bringing back the dungeon to a very low state of power.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 05:17:45 PM »
I found the cause and will fix it. I'll also increase the growth rate of other dungeons in the area that were a bit on the low side.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 06:16:33 PM »
This should now be fixed.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 09:36:01 AM »
Awesome! Out of curiosity, was this linked to how the spawn rate never seemed to increase, or increase really slowly?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 09:40:07 AM »
Awesome! Out of curiosity, was this linked to how the spawn rate never seemed to increase, or increase really slowly?

Yeah, the spawn progression rates of a few dungeons around VoB were very low, the well more than others. I've bumped them up.