Author Topic: Expose button suggestion  (Read 10303 times)

Wholesome Memester

Re: Expose button suggestion
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2019, 05:46:32 PM »
Even as someone prone to playing stealth classes there is one thing that really could use re-examining: The weather malus you get to your spot. Between that and the hard-to-find loot for that particular skill make listen infinitely more preferable.

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2019, 08:06:49 PM »
Since we appear to be going off the deep end again, please remember this thread is about a proposed "expose" system/ability. If you would like to discuss detection versus stealth in a more general sense please use one of the many dozens of theads that already exist on the topic.

As an aside, if wish to discuss the above please do your research on the relevant mechanics, abilities and spells, and available in game items. If you don't know, ask. Try to make fair comparisons, i.e spot vs. hide and listen vs. ms, and don't fall into the traps of argumentative fallacies. Not only will you speak with a greater deal of authority and suffer less nitpicking over minutiae, you might learn something new!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 08:11:30 PM by Philos »

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2019, 08:14:00 PM »
I think they're just referring to people stealthing close to listen in on other people whispering. If you cant detect the stealther, you cant hear them and they're not allowed to use tells either to 'talk'/'whisper' to people that haven't detected. (Which annoyed me when an MPC used their floating yellow texts to do exactly that.)

From what I recall, MPCs and aMPCs aren't supposed to use yellow text for anything but atmospheric emotes. If their character is emoting, they should be using actual emotes. But its been a while since I played my last aMPC, so could be wrong. But its not there so they can emote and communicate while sitting in undetectable in mistform, etc.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

Ard

• Undead Slayer
  • Exploit theoretician
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2019, 12:57:38 AM »
Since we appear to be going off the deep end again, please remember this thread is about a proposed "expose" system/ability. If you would like to discuss detection versus stealth in a more general sense please use one of the many dozens of theads that already exist on the topic.

As an aside, if wish to discuss the above please do your research on the relevant mechanics, abilities and spells, and available in game items. If you don't know, ask. Try to make fair comparisons, i.e spot vs. hide and listen vs. ms, and don't fall into the traps of argumentative fallacies. Not only will you speak with a greater deal of authority and suffer less nitpicking over minutiae, you might learn something new!

The existent mechanics which would help 'expose' the stealther to pop out from stealth to be seen by everyone, and not just the spotter, are concluded to be exploits.

Kamfrenchie

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2019, 07:01:15 AM »
Overall the easiest way to do this would be to make faerie fire more potent and available as an item. Currently it has a small aoe and dc. I dont think i ve ever seen anyone use it.

Oh. And outside of scrolls, the feydust item drops randomly and weighs 0.5 lb.

So..more potent, stackable like holy water maybe, and buyable or craftable through alchemy ?

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2019, 08:35:51 AM »
Overall the easiest way to do this would be to make faerie fire more potent and available as an item. Currently it has a small aoe and dc. I dont think i ve ever seen anyone use it.

So..more potent, stackable like holy water maybe, and buyable or craftable through alchemy ?

holy water still weighs about 0.3 pounds:P Just like a varnish, whereas its usefulness is quite...well mainly for rp reasons nothing much else really. (Beside a mass murder of shadows on low levels)
Fairy dust in this regard is more or less a joke item sadly. Especially since the save is reflex based so quite useless against most stalkers.
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Kamfrenchie

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2019, 09:43:46 AM »

holy water still weighs about 0.3 pounds:P Just like a varnish, whereas its usefulness is quite...well mainly for rp reasons nothing much else really. (Beside a mass murder of shadows on low levels)
Fairy dust in this regard is more or less a joke item sadly. Especially since the save is reflex based so quite useless against most stalkers.
if the stalker uses slayer robes and cloak of stone which are the best iitems as far as i know for sneaking, they will take a significant reflex penalty. The dc could also be increased. And the area hit could provide maluses to hiding for a small duration. However it wouldnt necessarily be meant to counter the best stealther since it would be a relatively common item