Author Topic: Port - UI Issues  (Read 1154 times)

Relapse

• Undead Slayer
Port - UI Issues
« on: June 23, 2019, 08:04:23 PM »
I spent a fair bit of time in port last night and twice after coming through the bank transition my UI seemed to have the following issues:

- I could not see any PCS or NPCs however the tileset still loaded
- All my spells were not visible on the tool bar
- All new messages and text would not appear.

My first reaction was "This is probably lag" however a bit of experimentation confirmed this was not the case. There was no rubber banding at all for an extended period and some of the messages I sent out were replied to upon relogging meaning that everything was still functional, I just couldnt see it.

Relogging into the server resolved the issue. This is the first time it has happened for me, if I can produce any more reliable replication steps I will add them. This could well be a beamdog issue/bug but thought I would raise it anyway.

zDark Shadowz

Re: Port - UI Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 09:51:32 PM »
Something that can happen when you crash through a transition, though usually the tileset doesnt load and it remains all black. Usually caused by poor connection while transitioning either due to someone performing an upload/download on your connection flooding the bandwidth or corrupted packets between computer & server.

Relogging is the correct way to fix it. Nothing else can be done about it.

noah25

• Dark Lord
Re: Port - UI Issues
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 11:10:22 PM »
I crash every time I go to port and its only in port. Does anyone have a solution for this? I am assuming its a me specific issue.