You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Mist Camp Vistor's tent no longer a safe location  (Read 1163 times)

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
Mist Camp Vistor's tent no longer a safe location
« on: June 21, 2019, 11:50:57 AM »
I went into the Visitor's tent and rested. i leveled up and that was cool, so I rested again to test my new ability, Sacred Radiance. I used it, and went out side to use it on someone else to test out what it does for companions. I was still under the effects so I went inside to rest again to reset the ability, and I was given the message that I have to wait four hours to rest. I also could not teleport to the ooc lounge anymore. I went out and back in again, and as long as i didn't move or attempt to rest, i could port to the ooc lounge. If i moved forward out of the door, i could not teleport. i could not rest in any case under any circumstances. I don't know if it's related to the ability or not, or if there was something broken with the server. I could rest before leaving the first time, but not after I had left.

Spoiler: No Rest, No safe zone, No teleport • show

After I leveled and used the ability for the first time, I received these messages. But then when I rested and used the ability again (the second time, and before leaving the tent) I did not get the messages.

Spoiler: Rest One • show

Spoiler: Rest two • show

Spoiler: All other rests after going outside the first time • show

Spoiler: After exiting the tent and coming back again, not moving forward • show

Once I finally got the rest menu to let me teleport, which was by not moving forward the moment i got into the tent, I teleported and back again and that fixed my ability to rest like normal. It's hard to say if this is tied to Sacred Radiance or something else wrong with paladins, but it is something to consider. The Race text that popped up twice in rapid succession gave me pause, since it was reported to be happening when you use the examine tool, but not resting upon level up.

Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

zDark Shadowz

Re: Mist Camp Vistor's tent no longer a safe location
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 12:38:05 PM »
Just speculation, could be something to do with how the trigger is set up for the safe location and it being directly next to a transition messing up an OnEnter or OnExit flag for people that stay in the doorway to use their rest instead of moving forward the first time.

If the OnExit didn't fire after you left after the first two rests, and you came back in after and moved in that's two OnEnters, with your rest only working again after you exited (one OnExit) and entered without moving (so it didn't trigger another OnEnter) resulting in a net effect of one OnEnter again which allowed you to rest once more.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 01:47:31 PM »
I think zDark Shadowz is likely on the right trail. It may have been the Tent or some other safe location, but I recently experienced something similar to what Tycat describes. I was testing spells so needing to rest multiple times, and it wasn't consistent about whether I could rest again, if I moved positions.

For that matter, the Drain safe area is limited only to where the tents are as I recall.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

goldenelvensorceress

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 05:40:20 PM »
Also can we get the vistiani to launder those pillows once in a while. Unspeakable things are done in that tent, and not once have I ever seen the Vistiani clean the pillows :p