Author Topic: Weapon of Choice not registering with Ki Damage  (Read 1067 times)

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
Weapon of Choice not registering with Ki Damage
« on: June 21, 2019, 09:52:13 AM »
Name:
Weapon of Choice not registering with Ki Damage special ability

When:
Every time that I attempt to use the Ki Damage special ability (regardless of the foe I am fighting) I get an error message that reads something like "This ability may only be used while weapon of choice is equipped." However, my weapon of choice (Greatsword) is equipped.

What:
My character continues fighting as usual, no attempt to use Ki Damage is made and no charge use is removed from my total count for the ability.

Ideas:
No idea. I thought maybe I accidentally selected the wrong weapon of choice when I releveled the character, however I do not think that would be possible since I believe weapon of choice has pre-requisites (such as Weapon Focus). And the only weapon that I have ever selected any other combat feats for is the Greatsword. Weapon of Choice is not showing up under my list of Feats at all, but I cannot recall if it supposed to show up as a listed feat or not. This ability was previously working on this character but I am not sure if that was prior to my releveling, prior to a server update or prior to both.

zDark Shadowz

Re: Weapon of Choice not registering with Ki Damage
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 12:24:31 PM »
Its chosen via the feat selection 1st level of weapon master. You didn't pick a different feat on the first level of weapon master by accident right? Sounds like the case if it's not in your feat list.

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 01:32:29 PM »
I may have made that mistake when I releveled the character. I’ll try releveling him again and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks!

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 12:04:19 PM »
Its chosen via the feat selection 1st level of weapon master. You didn't pick a different feat on the first level of weapon master by accident right? Sounds like the case if it's not in your feat list.

This fixed the issue, thanks!