You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: "Andrei Vāntu - Captive"  (Read 370 times)

Sammylix

• Undead Slayer
"Andrei Vāntu - Captive"
« on: March 31, 2021, 04:52:06 AM »
"For A Friend"
"I am sat within the guardhouse I despised in my youth. Time passes slowly as I stare into the eyes of a man I do not recognize. A town I do not recognize. The topic of enlistment rises from my lips like the warm morning air. I eagerly share my interest, for there must be some way for a boy to become a man. A sapling will sprout, regardless of its idle nature. A boy however must earn his place. Nature has promised him nothing. Society has promised him nothing.

The prospect of serving in the guard sounds rewarding, yet of risk. Careful planning will be needed if I am to protect myself from a world that in its very being is in conflict with me. In conflict with not simply my life, but my nature. The very nature that, not so different from a locked chest, presents two ways of unveiling the contents within. Firstly by means of a key, locking and unlocking the chest as the owner sees fit, or sheer brute force. A brute force that, regardless of the key-owner's intentions, one way or another will eventually open that chest, bringing to light all of the darkness within.

I intend to keep that metaphorical chest locked far, far away, hidden from the prying eye. One that truly has no need for a key, for no one will find it. A chest that, although full of treasure, presents itself as meek and of no value. I am the chest that not a soul shall break."

The entry ends here.

Currently Playing:

Rhyo Morgana
Patience Reade
Azariah Aselve'lin