Author Topic: Suggestion - More realistic Daytime(s)  (Read 1296 times)

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
Suggestion - More realistic Daytime(s)
« on: June 06, 2019, 09:53:40 PM »
An idea I thought of putting out there, though I'd think would require some discussion along other players and perhaps the staff. I thus suggest to make the nights/days vary in length throughout the years in parallel to the real life.

Though I wouldn't go as far as to make day last from 3AM to 9PM in the summer time (as I have in my own region), I'd still think from 5AM to 7PM (or maybe play with the 30mins like the Vistany caravans) would make the difference for some and also make the perception of day and night more challenging. So the way I'm thinking it would be:

Spring and Fall: Daytime from 6AM to 6PM (unchanged)
Summer: Daytime 5AM to 7PM
Winter: Daytime from 7AM to 5PM

In the name of more immersion...! Though I understand the Core can have it's own solar system where each day is equally the same as others. Still, to be discussed.
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

Ard

• Undead Slayer
  • Exploit theoretician
Re: Suggestion - More realistic Daytime(s)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 10:26:59 PM »
....what if Core is flat or the curve the planet itself isn't so big so the sun ain't facing the core the same way as earth does...?

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 12:32:09 AM »
....what if Core is flat or the curve the planet itself isn't so big so the sun ain't facing the core the same way as earth does...?

I think the core is flat.

Also, what I would like to see, is longer day and night cycles. Since the day and night cycles don't actually count as days and nights (see the ruling on the passage of time - 1:1) It leaves a lot of jarring notions about how time is passing wiht no real IC way to address it. That said, it would be asking tooo much to extend every game day to a 24 hour cycle, and depending on how long they are extended, this could hurt rest times and spell durations. IDK. Just my thought on it.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 12:35:24 AM »
The Core is a demiplane so the sun revolves around it, not the other way around. It is (presumed) to be spherical, the walls of mist on either end hosting lands and horrors one could perhaps never fathom.

Either way, seeing some day/night cycle adjustments wouldn't be terribly unwelcome. Longer nights in the winter perhaps (not that it really makes any sense). Etc.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 12:43:29 AM »
Seasonal variations do sound fun.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Lightweaver

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 12:50:24 AM »
I'm just imagining a vampire frying due to the abrupt shift to daylight savings time. :)

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 03:31:10 AM »
I'm just imagining a vampire frying due to the abrupt shift to daylight savings time. :)

Should'a set his clock back.