Author Topic: Male/Female robe model consistency  (Read 1784 times)

Derek Jeter

• Undead Slayer
Male/Female robe model consistency
« on: June 06, 2019, 02:05:52 PM »
Okay, anyone who knows me probably knows why I'm requesting this, but I was wondering if we could get the female dwarven model of this Dwarven Plate Mail from Dragon Age Origins in the game. We already have the male version in the game, so it shouldn't be difficult. I think it was just overlooked. And if the devs are curious, adding more models from Origins would be a home run move in my opinion *wink*.

Here is the armor in Origins

And here it is on my dwarf, a male only robe.

I even have a folder ready to go that has the armor models if you guys are interested ;) for three races: for female elves, dwarves and humans.

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
Re: Male/Female robe model consistency
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 10:29:58 PM »
I believe the ports for the dragon age armours might have been done by people outside the PotM dev team, so it might not be do-able without those individuals.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 12:20:57 AM »
I am actually pretty sure that's in already, just looks a bit different.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 03:34:34 AM »
That doesn't look like a port to me, that looks like someone reconstructed the look from scratch for NWN. There are certain details present on the NWN model that do not exist on the DA:O model, and beyond that, it's shaped differently -- Not distorted mind you, but you can obviously see someone was in a 3D Model rendering program, and decided to take their best shot at imitating the armor, not a direct port. If it was placed on female PC's, it would look exactly as it does on a male model without someone cracking it open to adjust the dimensions to accommodate the dimensions of a female model on PoTM across all races.

Derek Jeter

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 11:50:49 AM »
That doesn't look like a port to me, that looks like someone reconstructed the look from scratch for NWN. There are certain details present on the NWN model that do not exist on the DA:O model, and beyond that, it's shaped differently -- Not distorted mind you, but you can obviously see someone was in a 3D Model rendering program, and decided to take their best shot at imitating the armor, not a direct port. If it was placed on female PC's, it would look exactly as it does on a male model without someone cracking it open to adjust the dimensions to accommodate the dimensions of a female model on PoTM across all races.

Gotta be honest, I thought the same thing about at LEAST the texture, it being obviously custom. But the MODEL itself...work is top notch.
I'd be willing to donate for a female model, for femdwarves at least.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 01:09:05 PM »

Gotta be honest, I thought the same thing about at LEAST the texture, it being obviously custom. But the MODEL itself...work is top notch.
I'd be willing to donate for a female model, for femdwarves at least.

That's not something that we do.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 02:41:05 PM »
If such a model exists or you can create it at the same level of quality we’ll be happy to consider it but we mostly don’t create our own custom models or textures.

Derek Jeter

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 09:13:46 AM »
If such a model exists or you can create it at the same level of quality we’ll be happy to consider it but we mostly don’t create our own custom models or textures.

Understood, I wasn't sure if it was just missing due to an error since the robe slot # is invis when i try it on fems or if it was forgotten or what, part of the reason I made the thread :) Maybe I'll look around.