La Troupe du Theatre de la Cathedrale > Theatre de la Cathedrale - Announcements

[Announcements from the Management.]

(1/1)

Better Dread than Dead:

--- Quote ---"To the People of Port-a-Lucine:

Doubtless many of you have read the statement issued by Toret Armand Pineau on behalf of Ste. Mere des Larmes. I would urge you all to not let yourselves be distracted by his wild and outlandish assertions or by his talk of mythical, fictitious beasts like "lycanthropes". This statement from the good Toret and the nonsensical assertions made therein have nothing to do with what an armored zealot, an fanatical interloper, seems to believe and has everything to do with what happened less than a year ago, when Port-a-Lucine was under siege.

The commons and smallfolk here in the city clamored for shelter, for aid, for succor, and for refuge within Ste. Mere des Larmes' walls. The faithful of Our Guardian in the Mists were turned away by Toret Pineau, who barred the doors leading into the cathedral and suggested that all -- even the infirm, even the women, even the children -- take to the streets to fight against the Covenant on behalf of the now-deposed Council of Brilliance. Others alongside myself worked to try and hold Pineau to account and even try and speak to the Bastion, Joan Secousse, in the hopes of getting her to reverse the decision he had made. When that failed, I decided to take matters into my own hands and see to offering shelter to hundreds of people in need of it, first at the Théâtre de la Cathédrale and then later at the Jalabert Estate.

Toret Armand Pineau cares more for books and for buildings than he does for all of you; the record demonstrates this well enough, and yet he seems to think the people of Port-a-Lucine have forgotten his own storied history of carelessness and callousness. Make no mistake, this is but an attempt to assassinate my character, one to which he offers no proof save his own word and "sources" he attests are "reliable". I cannot hope to discern the true reason for or purpose behind this attempt to impugn me, but if I had to hazard a guess, I would say the Toret's sympathies towards the old regime are to blame.

Regardless, I will be taking legal action against the Church of Ezra here in Port-a-Lucine and pushing to have them charged with libel in response to the absurd claims made in his statement. It can be all but assured that Toret Pineau will try and see me excommunicated in response; I shall simply save him the trouble, and leave the laity of my own free will. I grow weary of hypocrites and of a faith that not only tolerates them but sees them given positions of leadership within it. My focus will not be on appeasing an anchorite who seems very much out to get me, but instead on filling the seats on the benches in the playhouse I operate. I humbly suggest, Toret Pineau, that you see to filling yours, and what might help is by you starting to be a better person.

~ ⚜ - Maîtresse Verinne van Haute
--- End quote ---

inkcorvid:

--- Quote ---
To the people of Port-a-Lucine,
I would like to express my profound disappointment in the behaviour of our former Assistant Manager Miss Dove, who had been generously given every chance to make amends for past instances of inappropriate behaviour, but has instead chosen to throw away a promising career in the arts in favour of political agitation and dangerous mischief, associating with radical elements, and running around in Richemulot wearing prosthetic horns. In doing so, she spites the good name of the noble House of Jalabert, whom have shown her nothing but kindness over the last year.

It is often said that eccentricity is the inseperable stable-mate of creativity. Being that it is the endeavour of any establishment of the arts to bottle the lightning of creativity, tolerance of a certain degree of oddity has been a matter of both simple benevolence and necessity for this, our beloved establishment. But there are always limits to such tolerance, and this is particularly true in instances of such gross malfeasence.

Miss Dove is hereby stripped of her employment, and any association
with the Théâtre de la Cathédrale, effective immediately.

We urge her to turn herself in to the Gendarmerie Nationale, to apologise to the House of Jalabert, and to make swift reparation for any damage she may have caused to Dementlieuse interests by her ill-advised interference in military affairs. We must also urge the public not to approach her, and superstition aside to comply with any directives issued by the Gendarmerie Nationale in this regard.

On a more positive note, I am delighted to announce the appointment of Dame Chaboteaux to Assistant Manager in her stead. The Dame's artistry and attention to detail in her dilligent work on the design of costumes and sets for our last few productions have delighted audiences, and I have no doubt she will continue to shine given ever greater creative freedoms and responsibilities.

Come rain or shine, fire and water, the Théâtre de la Cathédrale remains steadfast in its commitment to artistic excellence and the nurturing thereof. We thank the people of this great republic for their continued support.

~ ⚜ Mlle. Chiara Grassini ⚜ ~

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version