Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Crafted CEP Weapons Inquiry

(1/1)

Mereyn:
With the recent introduction of craftable weapons from the CEP list, I tried to craft a few of them with steel.
The double scimitar appears to have the appropriate additional damage for essentially being a 1d6 weapon,
however the result of a crafted steel falchion seemed off in more than one way. Despite being a two-handed weapon,
it has the same additional damage die that a longsword made from steel gets (to compare, the DC is also similar).
The added oddity is that it's piercing damage instead of slashing -- altogether I think that the falchion should have a higher damage bonus for being a crafted weapon,
as in my opinion the higher critical hit range of 18-20 with a multiplier of 2x wouldn't make up for it in comparison with any other two-handed weapon.

EO:
The bonus damage amount is based on the damage output of the weapon, not if it’s single or two handed. As for damage type I’ll look into that.

EO:

--- Quote from: Mereyn on May 10, 2019, 10:48:20 AM ---With the recent introduction of craftable weapons from the CEP list, I tried to craft a few of them with steel.
The double scimitar appears to have the appropriate additional damage for essentially being a 1d6 weapon,
however the result of a crafted steel falchion seemed off in more than one way. Despite being a two-handed weapon,
it has the same additional damage die that a longsword made from steel gets (to compare, the DC is also similar).
The added oddity is that it's piercing damage instead of slashing -- altogether I think that the falchion should have a higher damage bonus for being a crafted weapon,
as in my opinion the higher critical hit range of 18-20 with a multiplier of 2x wouldn't make up for it in comparison with any other two-handed weapon.

--- End quote ---

I found the issue with the Falchion; it's actually a Slashing/Piercing weapon, a CEP bug that wasn't spotted before, and because of that it's considered piercing by the system. We'll fix it for the next update. I'll review the other CEP weapons.

zDark Shadowz:
There's two kinds of falchions, the other weapons are fine, just that one queer dual-type falchion in there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version