Author Topic: General Feat Suggestions  (Read 2731 times)

Ken14

• Undead Master
General Feat Suggestions
« on: April 09, 2019, 12:45:13 AM »
Just a few feats I came up with. Or at the very least a draft. Feedback is appreciated!

Name : Mutagen Cocktail ( Three choices : Strength, Dexterity, Constitution)
Requirements: Intelligence 13+, Fortitude save +7
Description:  Through secret alchemical arts, you've perfected a brew to increase your physical capacities. You can imbibe such once a rest to gain a +4 bonus to the chosen physical ability score for the duration of 2 hours. In addition, while the mutagen is in effect, the alchemist takes a –4 penalty to one of your mental ability scores. If the mutagen enhances his Strength, it applies a penalty to his Intelligence. If it enhances Dexterity, it applies a penalty to Wisdom. If it enhances Constitution, it applies a penalty to  Charisma. Said brew inevitably causes the imbiber to bulk up and grow bestial in demeanour, causing a sharp increase in OCR.

Name : Undying Stand
Requirements: Fortitude save 8+, Constitution 15+
Description:  Death may take you, but NOT. JUST. YET! Once a rest, you may activate Undying Stand as a free action. Calling upon your immense fortitude of body and will to become  invincible ( and likely screaming profantiy) for as many rounds as your Con Ability Modifier.  Once Undying Stand ends, however, you immediatedly drop to -9 hitpoints, succumbing to your wounds.

Name : Conscript
Requirements: None
Description:  Your life as a peasant has given you an aptitude at wielding the tools of the harvest, and the hunt. You become able to wield a club, quarterstaff, dagger, sickle, scythe, handaxe, trident and shortbow. Whenever you wield such a weapon, you gain a +1 to AB. This bonus stacks with Weapon Focus and Greater Weapon Focus. Sadly, your peasant life has given you little time for scholastic ventures, leaving you with a -4 penalty to Lore.

Name : Torch Warrior
Requirements: None
Description:  You have discovered an fundamental fact of life : Fire bad....for your enemies. When you equip a torch in your offhand, you flail it around during combat, giving you a +1 to shield AC and a +2 fire damage bonus to your attacks, which stacks with other sources of fire damage.

Name : Power of the Mundane
Requirements: Strength 15+, Dexterity 15+, Constitution 15+
Description:  You have honed your body to peak perfection through sheer force of intense training for years on end. You make melee attack rolls with the combined total of your Strength and Dexterity modifiers, and your Constitution modifier is added to your AC. However: while this intense training has (hopefully) not stricken you bald, it has made you unable to utilize magic in any shape or form, giving you a 100% guaranteed spell failure on any sort of casting. Furthermore, the UMD skill gets a -50 penalty.

Name : Grenade (Variations : Sticky, Fire, Ice, Acidic, Oily)
Requirements: Intelligence 13+, BAB 8
Description:  You are adept at swiftly mixing various volatile chemicals and infusing them with magical reserves or alchemical reagants to create powerful bombs so that you can hurl them at your enemies. A Grenadier can use a number of bombs each day equal to the total character level / 2 + his Intelligence modifier.

Fire, Ice & Acidic Grenade : You attempt a ranged touch attack to hit the target with the bomb. If succesful, the target is hit with 1d6 of the chosen elemental damage, and all adjacent targets are hit by half that. The strength of these bombs increase by an additional 1d6 damage with every odd-numbered total character level: 3th level 2d6, 5th level 3d6 and so on.

Sticky Grenade : You attempt a ranged touch attack to hit the target with the bomb. If succesful, the target is hit with 1d6 bludgeoning damage. The strength of these bombs increase by an additional 1d6 damage with every 4rd total character level: 4th level 2d6, 8th level 3d6 and so on. Furthermore, a sticky surface erupts from the brew, creating a field much like the spell Web, with a DC of 10 + Total Character level/2 + Intelligence modifier.

Oily Grenade : You attempt a ranged touch attack to hit the target with the bomb. If succesful, the target is hit with 1d6 bludgeoning damage. The strength of these bombs increase by an additional 1d6 damage with every 4rd total character level: 4th level 2d6, 8th level 3d6 and so on. Furthermore, an oily surface erupts from the brew, creating a field much like the spell Grease, with a DC of 10 + Total Character level/2 + Intelligence modifier.

Name : Noxious Fumes
Requirements: Fort 7, Half-orc/Caliban
Description:  Your diet amongst the sewers has given you truly awful bowel movements. Once a rest, you can fiercely clench your guts to unleash a torrent of horrid flatulence on your location, visible to the eye. This acts as the spell Stinking Cloud with DC 15. Bear in mind : you yourself are not immune to it's horrid smell....

Name : Gastric Terror
Requirements: Fort 10, Noxious Fumes
Description:  What crawled up your rear end and died?! Your waste-gas has become the stuff of infamy, your every step watched carefully by any in the know. Once a rest, you may clench your bowels to unleash a terrifying, blood-infused mist on your location. This acts as the spell Cloudkill, with a DC of 18. Once again, you yourself are not immune to it's effects, so thinking carefully where you point that dangerous weapon at....

Name : Bileful Body
Requirements: Fort 8, Half-Orc/Caliban
Description:  Your body is a temple to all things disgusting. Whether through exposure to the sewers or something worse, you have a constant air of vileness about you! Anyone that gets a sniff of that body odor grows increasingly queasy. Whenever anyone lands a hit on you, they vomit internally at the point blank stench, and get hit for 1d3 Acid Damage. Sadly that body odor makes even the best arguments invalid, because no-one wants to get close enough to listen to you, resulting in a -10 penalty to influence.

Name : Projectile Vomit
Requirements: Half-Orc/Caliban
Description:  Whether through mutation or repeated practice, you become able to violently belch out a horrendous stream of your last lunch once a day, much like the spell Mestill's Acid Breath.

Name : Pigskin
Requirements: Con 13+, the fat phenotype ( can't be a real requirement, but it's to be expected, naturally!)
Description:  You've really let yourself go. You are incredibly corpulent, a true bastion of gluttony. Your dense belly proves handy against trauma however, as arrows and swords get stuck in your body flaps. This basically amounts to having a 15% damage immunity against physical attacks. However, your cardio suffers due to your massive thighs, garnering you a permanent 20% running speed decrease.

Name : Mage Slayer Strike
Requirements: 4 levels of fighter, 6 Spellcraft, 8 BAB
Description:  You have devoted yourself to the art of slaying witches. Forcing yourself to learn the basics of movements required for spellcasting, you can attempt a Mage Slayer Strike once per round, at -4 AB. If the strike hits, the target gets a +50% Failure Spell Chance for 2 rounds.

Name : Improved Mage Slayer Strike
Requirements: Mage Slayer Strike, 8 Spellcraft, 10 BAB
Description:  Your studies have made you more adept at disrupting spellcasting. The -4 AB penalty is removed when attempting the strike, and the Spell failure chance lasts for 3 rounds now.

Name : Ultimate Mage Slayer Strike
Requirements: Improved Mage Slayer Strike, 10 Spellcraft, 12 BAB
Description:  You will destroy witchcraft where-ever you go, even if it damns you. Once a day, you can apply a runic array unto your weapon, giving your weapon the on-hit chance of a lvl 10 dispel for one turn. Sadly, your noble intentions do not take away from the fact that you involved yourself with foul vraja, permanently increasing your OCR.

Name : Beloved by Rats
Requirements: Animal Empathy 10
Description:  You have an affinity with rats. Whether it's due to animal training or something more sinister is anyone's guess....Regardless, you may call upon a swarm of furry friends once a day, which attack anything hostile to you in the area.

Name : Might Makes Right
Requirements: Strength 13+
Description:  Your may not have a way with words, but your bulging muscles make a compelling case on their own. You add your Strength modifier to your Influence skill.

Name : Improved Energy Resistance (acid, cold, electricity, fire, sonic)
Requirements:  Energy Resistance (acid, cold, electricity, fire or sonic)
Description:  Your resistance to the chosen energy increases to 10.

Name : Axethrower
Requirements:  STR 13+
Description:  Who needs finesse when you can just throw it HARDER?! You use your Strength modifier instead of your Dex modifier on attack rolls with thrown weapons.

Name : Trollblooded
Requirements:  Con 13+
Description:  Your family tree's got some interesting cousins. You gain regeneration 1, but also gain exhaustion three times as fast during the daytime.

Name : Desert Fighter
Requirements:
Description:  You have grown accustomed to fighting in the dunes. You gain +2 Dodge AC when in Desert Areas.

Name : Reckless Offensive
Requirements: Strength 13+, Power Attack
Description:  A good offense is a decent defense. While activating combat mode Reckless Offensive, you focus entirely on hurting your opponent : In exchange for -5 AC, you gain +5 AB.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 10:28:27 PM by Ken14 »

Edward

• Lord of the Dead
  • Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • The Bereaved & Defunct.
Re: General Feat Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 11:35:53 AM »
Isn’t mutagen cocktail a feat for the alchemist class in Pathfinder?

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 12:12:55 PM »
You're quite right in that the inspiration came from Pathfinder in this particular instance.

However, the idea of a Jekyll & Hyde sort've brew seems to fit quite well in the Ravenloft setting, I'd reckon.

I also added an additional feat suggestion, introducing alchemical grenades! These are more for monster hunters and the like, but I'm sure other classes'll find a use for them!

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 02:08:14 PM »
Wouldn't that peasant weapon feat effectively make peasants better warriors than fighters if they picked one of those weapons? How the heck is some dirt farmer going to have +4 damage over the warrior who spent his entire life learning to fight with sword and shield who can only get +2? That's a little backwards depending on the setting. If anything, peasants should get some extra endurance feat from a life of hard labor, as well as weapon prophecies in all the farm tools adapted to weapons for the poor serf class.  But when it comes to martial skills, they spend way too much time dirt farming to be have any sort of advantage over people from warrior classes who are learning to fight from the time they're old enough to walk. Think of it like John Snow schooling all the noobs in the Knights Watch, thanks to his "Master at Arms" back in Winterfell, something the peasants sure never had. I'll give you they might all be automatically proficient with a few "peasant weapons" that include some exotic weapons, but that +2 to damage from specialization comes from long hours of drilling and sparing INSTEAD of ploughing fields.

Peasant: probably ought to be a background feat you can choose at level 1 that gives you toughness and exotic weapon prof for the farm tools. at the cost of literacy or something.

edit: Torch warrior rocks though, and totally explains Lord of the Rings better. The whole Aragorn intro-fight makes sense now.

Feats that give you items to drink/throw/use seem a little weird to me. Having items that appear and can be used a certain amount of times per day as a special ability is just weird from an RP sense. How do you even RP that? I feels like an ability based on game mechanics rather than an using the dice to simulate doing something real if that makes sense? This is why 4th edition failed so hard. There were way to many "abilities" based on the squares on the map that were designed around mechanics rather than doing what D&D was meant for, which was to describe an action, and figure out how the dice could be used to add the chance of success/failure into that action. Feats like that maybe make the world feel less like a simulation of fantasy world life, and more like a video game?

That said, and I know we aren't doing home-brews, BUT... I absolutely love the idea of the Jeckle & Hyde thing, but think it would be better as some kind of prestige class or AMPC class. I could see feats that unlock "recipes" you can use to "make" mad scientist potions you could use on yourself. to trigger/alter you mutation when you wig out and turn into Mr. Hyde. Maybe you have to mix them with your own blood so not just anyone can make them? Maybe you take Con Damage for making one to represent blood loss? Maybe I just answered my first question from above?

Maybe ill shut up now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 02:17:46 PM by Hypatia »

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 10:02:50 PM »
Wouldn't that peasant weapon feat effectively make peasants better warriors than fighters if they picked one of those weapons? How the heck is some dirt farmer going to have +4 damage over the warrior who spent his entire life learning to fight with sword and shield who can only get +2? That's a little backwards depending on the setting. If anything, peasants should get some extra endurance feat from a life of hard labor, as well as weapon prophecies in all the farm tools adapted to weapons for the poor serf class.  But when it comes to martial skills, they spend way too much time dirt farming to be have any sort of advantage over people from warrior classes who are learning to fight from the time they're old enough to walk. Think of it like John Snow schooling all the noobs in the Knights Watch, thanks to his "Master at Arms" back in Winterfell, something the peasants sure never had. I'll give you they might all be automatically proficient with a few "peasant weapons" that include some exotic weapons, but that +2 to damage from specialization comes from long hours of drilling and sparing INSTEAD of ploughing fields.

Peasant: probably ought to be a background feat you can choose at level 1 that gives you toughness and exotic weapon prof for the farm tools. at the cost of literacy or something.

edit: Torch warrior rocks though, and totally explains Lord of the Rings better. The whole Aragorn intro-fight makes sense now.

Feats that give you items to drink/throw/use seem a little weird to me. Having items that appear and can be used a certain amount of times per day as a special ability is just weird from an RP sense. How do you even RP that? I feels like an ability based on game mechanics rather than an using the dice to simulate doing something real if that makes sense? This is why 4th edition failed so hard. There were way to many "abilities" based on the squares on the map that were designed around mechanics rather than doing what D&D was meant for, which was to describe an action, and figure out how the dice could be used to add the chance of success/failure into that action. Feats like that maybe make the world feel less like a simulation of fantasy world life, and more like a video game?

That said, and I know we aren't doing home-brews, BUT... I absolutely love the idea of the Jeckle & Hyde thing, but think it would be better as some kind of prestige class or AMPC class. I could see feats that unlock "recipes" you can use to "make" mad scientist potions you could use on yourself. to trigger/alter you mutation when you wig out and turn into Mr. Hyde. Maybe you have to mix them with your own blood so not just anyone can make them? Maybe you take Con Damage for making one to represent blood loss? Maybe I just answered my first question from above?

Maybe ill shut up now.

Wel, as per Conscript : Do bear in mind that most of the weapons mentioned are on the weaker end. Basically, it makes them slightly better ( in the ballpark of damage range 3 - 8 compared to bog standard longsword 1 - 8 ), and you need to spend a feat on that. The only exception being the spear, but maybe that should be a trident, accepting that it's only used if the weapon is rp-ed as a pitchfork.  :P

This thing said, you did make me reconsider the damage bonus. The feat was to evoke the notion that they're more used to wielding such tools, as they've held them all their lives. So,  How about, you gain profiency in the weapons and you get a +1 to AB when you wield one in either hand ( or two-handed in case of the Scythe) that stacks with weapon focus and greater weapon focus?

As per feats with drinks/throwable objects : Way I figure it, once you get the feat, you finally managed to succesfully create the item in question. But, depending your smarts, you can only improve a production speed of the items so far. The smarter you are, the more efficient you get, and the more endproduct you have to use each day.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 10:04:58 PM by Ken14 »

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 11:22:26 PM »
Hmmm... well don't ask me about that one because I hate duel wielding with a passion. Worst trope in fantasy! There's almost no circumstance where you're not better off with the superior defense of a shield, or the superior range and offense of a 2-hander or polearm. Duel wielding is like purposefully gimping yourselves in both departments to get an inferior version of the other... its like playing a bard in 2nd edition: does a little of each, but no as good as either. But I WOULD love to see a HUGE feat tree associated with the spear to make it a very common weapon; as it should be. Its the most popular weapon in history for a damned good reason. Its fast, deadly, versatile, has great reach, is cheap and superior to a sword in every way in most circumstances. Its the ultimate peasant weapon in fact. Two people of similar skill, the spear beats the sword nine times out of ten, hands down. The spear was the rifle of the middle ages, the sword was the side-arm..... and almost no one duel wielded... for a reason. But... seeing as Ravenloft is trying to push the renaissance feel, I can see why people are incentivize to go with the more vampire hunter/ swashbuckler type fighters. If fits the setting, so I won't cry too hard; that said a series of feats following the "peasant tree" that included endurance and big bonuses with the spear would be awesome.

For example, feats that give spears extended reach or an additional attack per round (to represent the massive speed and range advantage) would be great. They should benefit from weapon finesse and have a bonus to strike given you can attack the head and then the foot with only a slight movement of the wrist, giving you a huge versatile target range. Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 11:28:20 PM by Hypatia »

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 12:36:06 PM »
Added two more feat suggestions. Not particularly mature ones, admittedly...

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 12:52:32 PM »
are these feats made up or they from a source book?

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 01:21:53 PM »
are these feats made up or they from a source book?

We should probably blame Gastric Terror on some home-cooking.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 03:01:35 PM »
Three Ravenloft feats that I thought were interesting even if never considered for implementation, first two are from the Core book, third is from 'Heroes of Light'. People can play something other than a palemaster wizard and a whole new slew of power balance issue forum posts would arise.

Lunatic [General]
Prerequisite: Chaotic alignment.
Benefit: +1 to all attak rolls, Fortitude and reflex saves, and Charsima checks when the moon is at least half full. This bonus rises to +2 during the three night period of the full moon. During the three night period of the new moon you suffer a -2 penalty to these rolls. These modifiers are reversed for Will saves: +2 during the new moon, -1 during the gibbous moon (more than half full), and -2 during the full moon.

Redhead [General]
Prerequisite: Wis 11+, must have been born with red hair.
Benefit: Choose one 1st-level or two 0-level druid spells. Spells are chosen when the feat is taken, and can be cast once per day. This is a spell like ability.

Kiss of Dawn [Metamagic]
Prerequisite: Good alignment, arcane spellcaster.
Benefit: You regain your spells at dawn, When the sun rises this feat takes effect, even if you cast your spells minutes before.

A bunch of them here http://zyanya.wikidot.com/rules:feats
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 03:09:23 PM by zDark Shadowz »

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 03:25:18 PM »
Three Ravenloft feats that I thought were interesting even if never considered for implementation, first two are from the Core book, third is from 'Heroes of Light'. People can play something other than a palemaster wizard and a whole new slew of power balance issue forum posts would arise.

I like this:

Reincarnated [General]
Prerequisite: Can only be taken at first level.
Flavor: You retain some knowledge from a previous life.
Benefit: You may select two non-class skills as class skills.

(There's also a "soul mate" benefit, but that would seem to be RP only.)

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 03:38:58 PM »
I liked that one too, it'd be interesting to see how that could be scripted around NWN limitations, even if it was only for one skill as per another source I read.
Spoiler: show

Maybe it could be done as a feat that gives a bonus equal to your current skill ranks, but the total of ranks & the bonus can't exceed character level +3? Then it would treat cross-class skill properly, and people that took this in a class skill via multiclassing couldn't get a benefit other than spending a feat to save a few skillpoints at most... Though that compromise isn't quite acceptable either.. ah well.

Or perhaps as a 1st level only feat to provide a bonus to a crafting skill?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 04:14:25 PM by zDark Shadowz »

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 11:08:40 PM »
Oh, I like the feats posted by others. Especially the Redhead one; Shame that seems rather hard to implement…

Also, I both look up feats and make my own. Or Both. Speaking of which, there's a bunch of new suggestions. Feel free to comment and give feedback, folks!

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2019, 12:25:31 PM »
More feats suggestions!

Mereyn

• Undead Slayer
  • Resident Observer of the Freakshow
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 01:57:38 PM »
Requirements: Con 13+, the fat phenotype ( can't be a real requirement, but it's to be expected, naturally!)
Description:  You've really let yourself go. You are incredibly corpulent, a true bastion of gluttony. Your dense belly proves handy against trauma however, as arrows and swords get stuck in your body flaps. This basically amounts to having a 15% damage immunity against physical attacks. However, your cardio suffers due to your massive thighs, garnering you a permanent 20% running speed decrease.
Aside from feats that just grant straight up spell-like abilities which, in my opinion, does not serve well in diversification towards a less spellcaster heavy playerbase,
this feat right here is something pretty much every monk or barbarian will be choosing. Both are naturally fast,
offsetting the movement speed loss and both have a lot to gain from 15% immunity to any physical attack.

If I would humor this feat, then only if its Constitution requirement was raised more,
and that it would demand a Dexterity of at least 9 rather than decreasing the character's speed.
Conscript sounds like a fine idea if you maybe couple it with a penalty to Lore or Influence -- maybe add in a bonus to AB for clubs and quarterstaves as well.

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 10:27:14 PM »
Aside from feats that just grant straight up spell-like abilities which, in my opinion, does not serve well in diversification towards a less spellcaster heavy playerbase,
this feat right here is something pretty much every monk or barbarian will be choosing. Both are naturally fast,
offsetting the movement speed loss and both have a lot to gain from 15% immunity to any physical attack.

If I would humor this feat, then only if its Constitution requirement was raised more,
and that it would demand a Dexterity of at least 9 rather than decreasing the character's speed.
Conscript sounds like a fine idea if you maybe couple it with a penalty to Lore or Influence -- maybe add in a bonus to AB for clubs and quarterstaves as well.

Hmm….For Pigskin : I wonder if you could make it so that the character's base speed will always be 80% of a regular person? So that if either of those classes take it, they get an enormous speed decrease? Might work, I'd say.

If not, then…...Yeah, an increase in Con requirements, and maybe an automatic -4 Dex upon getting the feat? Can any of the developers possibly chime in and say which is one is easier/more viable to implement?

As for Concript : I like the suggestion! A penalty in lore , I'd say, alongside the addition of clubs and quarterstaves.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 11:50:59 PM »
Not sure how NWN does it, but in every other game I've played, reductions are always worth more than increases. Being slowed by 20% would slow your 120% movement speed not to 100% but to 96%. Your sped up character would be slower even than someone at a normal pace and you would really feel it. This is the difference between just staying out of range of a pursuer, and being constantly attacked on the move. It also means you are never going to chase down a foe, and that really hurts against one who can regen or heal. We are such a high-level max server that you could eventually outdo it, but you will be moving at a snail's pace compared to others in your class. Also, 15% damage immunity is 1.5 damage off every 10, it's hardly unfair for such a huge movement slow. At 20 this might seem like a lot since you might have 200+ HP, but you're only going to gain a bit more effective HP than the Toughness feat (which is a below-average feat in usefulness) and it does nothing to help you against spell damage or on-hit specials.

I have been told in the past that the Dwarven Defender ability (the one that slows you down but provides "significant" melee fighting bonuses) to be suicide. Losing 20% movement speed off of everything is a hefty price to pay for increasing your odds of survival in melee by a mere 15%, and only in those situations when you would have been killed. Tradeoff feats are great ideas, and this one is definitely a tradeoff that could get you killed.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Mereyn

• Undead Slayer
  • Resident Observer of the Freakshow
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 12:41:14 AM »
Percentages in NWN are additive, not multiplicative as they would normally be. Dwarven Defenders aren't slowed down either.
They are forced static and part of the suicidal nature of their defensive stance is that it can bug out severely on you, where you cannot move despite deactivating it.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 01:55:17 AM »
Arch, reading this with mobile is hard. Gotta check again Back on home, but: Feat that gives regeneration would Be kind of TOTALLY op, as IT would Make diehard, and such pretty much useless. 🤔 Imagine Skeleton Knight striking you Down over and over again.. until he randomly hitsi you while down to finally able to kill you. This would kind of Make sense as it's mindless undead, but imagine If it were werewolf? After couple of Times he would surely Make sure you won't stand up again..

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 02:11:20 AM »
Percentages in NWN are additive, not multiplicative as they would normally be. Dwarven Defenders aren't slowed down either.
They are forced static and part of the suicidal nature of their defensive stance is that it can bug out severely on you, where you cannot move despite deactivating it.
That's awful, my condolences to the Dwarven Defenders.

So if additive is all there is, then I see it your way, however I still think with some tweaking, DR feats like this have potential to be just as, or even more interesting than pure damage feats. Maybe this is just my experience so far, but oftentimes it seems combat resolves too quickly one way or the other, and if people feel the need to slow it down, I say more power to them if they're willing to give up offense.

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2019, 02:31:59 AM »
Arch, reading this with mobile is hard. Gotta check again Back on home, but: Feat that gives regeneration would Be kind of TOTALLY op, as IT would Make diehard, and such pretty much useless. 🤔 Imagine Skeleton Knight striking you Down over and over again.. until he randomly hitsi you while down to finally able to kill you. This would kind of Make sense as it's mindless undead, but imagine If it were werewolf? After couple of Times he would surely Make sure you won't stand up again..

Not if the regen only works if you're above 0 health? Kinda like how Back to the Wall doesn't keep giving you the bonuses once you're bleeding out, I think?

Failing that....I mean. The first few levels, sure, but once you start hitting up dungeons for lvl 8 and up, that might actually be a -detriment-, because quite a bit does a lot more damage then 11 at that point. Lot higher chance of getting insta-corpsed.

Hell, I've seen knights hit for 10+ damage before on non-crits. And werewolves too, actually.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2019, 04:30:36 AM »
I've seen boars hit for 10 damage. Werewolves can hit in the 20s. Monstrous in the 50s, without critting.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2019, 07:58:16 AM »

Not if the regen only works if you're above 0 health? Kinda like how Back to the Wall doesn't keep giving you the bonuses once you're bleeding out, I think?

Failing that....I mean. The first few levels, sure, but once you start hitting up dungeons for lvl 8 and up, that might actually be a -detriment-, because quite a bit does a lot more damage then 11 at that point. Lot higher chance of getting insta-corpsed.

Hell, I've seen knights hit for 10+ damage before on non-crits. And werewolves too, actually.
My point is that Enemy is scripted? To stop attacking when youre down, so you cannot die from hot.. unless it "Bugs" that they for some reason hot you, or IS IT intencional? Even If not, it's cool, cant always rely on mechanical. Point between Skeleton and werewolf was that it maker More reason for were to hit supposedly dead foe.