Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Is a strength based monk viable?

<< < (2/4) > >>

zDark Shadowz:
Looks fine to me for an expertise-focused spread. It's fine if you want to try get to 17 STR, just as long as the +1 AB/Damage is worth the 5 point cost, but that's not for me to say if it is or not.

Since you've said you're new, don't forget to take Parry as you level up your monk alongside tumble, parry grants +1 AC for every 5 ranks after modifiers.

immasturgeon:
Expertise, while situationally useful probably shouldn't be your go to. You're AB is not great as a monk, especially at low levels. Best to leave the tanking to the tank and you work on hitting things alot. When you are surrounded by a ton of enemies that need to roll 19 to hit you gimp your damage output a lot by popping expertise, especially those second and third attacks.

Make friends use your speed plan to be a flanker. They really can be decent at dealing damage.

immasturgeon:
Also: hit up the free advice section in discord people there are great about helping with builds.

nostalgicsamurai:
Ok, thank you guys for your answers  :)

Ard:
I would say "depends".
If you're going with weapons - yes.
If you want to fight with fists - better choice is dex monk.

Because your attack increases in time, and having 3 points more dmg instead of 3 more AC  looks like a bad trade once you have the 1d20.
Bear in mind you can't multiclass here as a monk (beside PRC).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version