You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Vampire AMPC discussion+Suggestions  (Read 4014 times)

DM Locust

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
Re: Vampire AMPC discussion+Suggestions
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2019, 05:42:39 PM »
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 06:55:24 PM by Jordan Kasterian »

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2019, 09:21:46 PM »
I think things that would benefit AMPCs are less about their mechanical survival, and offering them more tools for story telling, scene setting, and autonomy without DMs. I personally would love to see, and I've tossed around these ideas before:

- A tool, similar in design to the portable bench for carpenters, to allow AMPCS to create placeables for scenes. Blood, corpses, bones, and placeables like candles, runes. Ideally, being able to set both useable and non-useable placeables, and having the option of re-writing their descriptions like signs and notes would be great. Write some good guidelines on the tool / for MPCs so they don't get carried away and we're golden.

- AMPCs to have the ability to create their own henchman, rather than be specifically tied to the locations and spawns on the server to grab them and smuggle. A basic idea would be a noncombat, limited used command (Rest menu or linked through the target: other commands) that spawns a 'monsterous wight, ghoul, vampire, etc' for your appropriate template and an averaged difficulty.

- More areas, specifically things like extra dead-end parts of dungeons, secret transitions, non-linear places to be explored. Add some scripted maneuvering like secret tight spaces, leaps, or climbing discover-able with search would be cool too.

- More dynamic caves that are 'far' away, that only cycle between possible AMPC templates
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:24:50 PM by Sidhel »

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2019, 09:56:22 PM »
I think things that would benefit AMPCs are less about their mechanical survival, and offering them more tools for story telling, scene setting, and autonomy without DMs. I personally would love to see, and I've tossed around these ideas before:

- A tool, similar in design to the portable bench for carpenters, to allow AMPCS to create placeables for scenes. Blood, corpses, bones, and placeables like candles, runes. Ideally, being able to set both useable and non-useable placeables, and having the option of re-writing their descriptions like signs and notes would be great. Write some good guidelines on the tool / for MPCs so they don't get carried away and we're golden.

Very nice!

- More areas, specifically things like extra dead-end parts of dungeons, secret transitions, non-linear places to be explored. Add some scripted maneuvering like secret tight spaces, leaps, or climbing discover-able with search would be cool too.

This is good, too.

At the risk of veering off topic, I would like for AMPCs to be something Devs really consider for focusing on as far as what to do next. We've had a lot of new feats and new Prestige Classes over the last two haks. Also...crafting.

Meanwhile, a few times recently players have suggested new monstrous templates. Personally, I would like to see Devs demonstrate their imagination and creativity in sprucing up the AMPCs, both with improvements to the current templates and spawning a few new (and perhaps variations on the current).

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2019, 11:55:32 AM »

YES Please. I remember years ago when I played aMPCs that this was something I desired. So I support it. When I played aMPCs I loved using the placeables to add to scenes. :)

- AMPCs to have the ability to create their own henchman, rather than be specifically tied to the locations and spawns on the server to grab them and smuggle. A basic idea would be a noncombat, limited used command (Rest menu or linked through the target: other commands) that spawns a 'monsterous wight, ghoul, vampire, etc' for your appropriate template and an averaged difficulty.

I was told that through the factions that MPCs could be part of like the werewolves or the undead that they could grab respective henchman with them for their events. Not sure if you can emote as them but the yellow text could do well.

Yea, more areas like that would be nice. I especially like the suggestion mentioned of more abondend buildings in Vallaki and Dementlieu. :)

- More dynamic caves that are 'far' away, that only cycle between possible AMPC templates
Could you explain more on this one?

I also want to mention that I do like the suggestion of being able add description's to Vampire Coffins. Since not every coffin would be the same, or even the same size.

Also speaking with Nemsis, it seems that unless you are an aMPC that can get an escape method out like the vamp mist form then you will be a short MPC. So perhaps the other templates could do with a buff, especially for things like Ghouls and Wights? :)

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2019, 11:25:05 PM »
Could you explain more on this one?

Dynamic caves are going to be any of the areas that rotate spawns. There's currently a good half-a-dozen near vallaki that rotate between spawns, like the bandits, spiders, ogres, etc. I'm merely suggesting that we have more caves added like this, but they specifically spawn from pools of monsters that are playable AMPC races; like ghouls, werecreatures, wights, vampires, etc. There are plenty of opportunities in all of the recent/not so recent additions to the server out to Berez and Wachter that would be lovely.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:26:46 PM by Sidhel »