Author Topic: A Boat Transition  (Read 1327 times)

Wholesome Memester

A Boat Transition
« on: April 01, 2019, 07:28:50 AM »
Can we please have a wait every time someone uses the boat from midway to Vallaki? I believe this would be another good step towards maximizing IC interactions (both good and hostile) by having boat waiting RP and a brief, five minute scene in the boat.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
Re: A Boat Transition
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 07:32:18 AM »
Wow, actually, I'm glad someone else suggested this because I have been wanting this for years. Would also be great to have it on the Port > Ghastria > Blaustein route. The instantaneous travel across such a treacherous and unforgiving sea doesn't do much for the atmosphere of the islands.

Agony

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 08:48:00 AM »
IDK. I don't find the caravan rides foster a lot of RP. In fact, most of the time, any engaging RP that does happen gets cut off as you are abruptly dumped from a semi-private location to a public one.  And if you happen to get in one alone? It feels like forever, and I believe those are only about 3 minutes. Might be wrong on that, though.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 08:56:21 AM »
I actually kind of agree with it, april fools joke or not, at least if more then one person can jump on the boat ride as well.

Agony

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 09:22:39 AM »

April 1st. Right...

[hangs head in shame and slinks away]

Wholesome Memester

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 09:47:20 AM »
I actually kind of agree with it, april fools joke or not, at least if more then one person can jump on the boat ride as well.

See? As opposed to instantaneous travel we should have more scenes like the caravan. Maximize roleplay experiences and it should have a boat crew on it so you can't buff in it like you can at the wagon.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 09:58:32 AM »
But let's have a hub for all the boats to go to. And then you catch another boat from there to where you actually want to go.

Oh!

And have it where boats aren't always available, so PCs can RP waiting for the next boat.

Final touch: The boat serves all the food and drink you want for free, but you have to roll a disease check each time you take a cruise.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 12:00:06 PM »
You laugh, but this is indeed being implemented.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 12:07:43 PM »

See? As opposed to instantaneous travel we should have more scenes like the caravan. Maximize roleplay experiences and it should have a boat crew on it so you can't buff in it like you can at the wagon.

I don't know about the boat crew, there should be rooms for you to buff, and that only applies to the Barovian boat. If this is also done for the boats from Dementlieu to either Bluetspur or Ghastria, then that is fine since the Dementlieuse are not afraid of magic like Barovians they just look down on it as merely entertainment.

My main reason for supporting it is to encourage RP and make it so that not everyone has to pay to use the boat, ala caravan.

You laugh, but this is indeed being implemented.

are you being serious or pulling a prank because it is April Fools day?