Author Topic: Weaponmaster build query  (Read 3476 times)

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: Weaponmaster build query
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 11:14:24 AM »
The rules are you must have at least 5 levels in a PrC, and you can't have more than 10 levels differences between two classes.

So you could go, for example, 8 WM, 8 cleric, 2 bard.

And OCR is a mechanical fix for NPCs only. PCs have free will.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2019, 01:02:41 PM »
I dont see any point besides coolness of it to go for divine might with less than 14 starting Cha, and every point to Cha..

I'm assuming you plan to put your Ability point increases into CHA; that's potentially +5 at level 20.

So that's the difference between ending up with 22 CHA instead of 23. The advantage of that single point isn't that massive; sure, you have a 25% chance to hit CHA 28 with a regular Eagle buff, a 25% chance of CHA 30 with an Empowered Eagle; or a guaranteed CHA 28 with a Maximised Eagle.

But you'll still hit respectable scores with CHA 22 and Eagle or Empowered Eagle. You don't get much use out of Maximise but the feat is not really necessary in the first place.

Meanwhile, starting off with a round STR 14 and CON 10 over STR 13 CON 9 will deliver a good dose of reliability at all levels.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2019, 01:50:09 PM »
One way to look at it is changing an odd Cha to even gives you +1 to damage every round and for one more additional round when using Divine Might, but changing an odd Str to even gives you +1 to damage all the time...and to AB.

For Con, it gives you a +1 to Fort saves every round--not to mention more HP and better healing and endurance.

Because DM is a free action, I think the feat is worth taking on an otherwise high Cha PC, but I wouldn't hamstring my build around it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 01:58:36 PM by Iridni Ren »

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2019, 02:14:55 PM »
I dont see any point besides coolness of it to go for divine might with less than 14 starting Cha, and every point to Cha..

I'm assuming you plan to put your Ability point increases into CHA; that's potentially +5 at level 20.

So that's the difference between ending up with 22 CHA instead of 23. The advantage of that single point isn't that massive; sure, you have a 25% chance to hit CHA 28 with a regular Eagle buff, a 25% chance of CHA 30 with an Empowered Eagle; or a guaranteed CHA 28 with a Maximised Eagle.

But you'll still hit respectable scores with CHA 22 and Eagle or Empowered Eagle. You don't get much use out of Maximise but the feat is not really necessary in the first place.

Meanwhile, starting off with a round STR 14 and CON 10 over STR 13 CON 9 will deliver a good dose of reliability at all levels.

my max charisma will be 20.. unless I go RDD instead of wm only two more points left to place.

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2019, 03:09:19 PM »
No, you just have to be 10 levels apart in your class spread at maximum and also have 5 levels in a PrC minimum.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2019, 12:18:31 AM »
Well, I can just put next two points to STR and CON for powergaming purposes then, but actually it makes sense as you run, fight and carry stuff all the time. 🤔