Author Topic: Levelup "Character Attributes" item  (Read 930 times)

Nobelissimos

• New to the Mists
Levelup "Character Attributes" item
« on: March 18, 2019, 07:14:30 AM »
Where: Morninglord Temple Catacombs Level 1

When: Monday March 18th @ 7 AM

What: When leveling up with an inventory that doesn't have enough room for a squared shape 4 slot item, an item called "Character Attributes" was drops on the floor. When picked up, it cannot be dropped/traded/etc. The item takes up 4 slots in the inventory in a square shape. https://i.imgur.com/pyABBl6.jpg

Recreate: Have a full inventory, level up.

Ideas: For reference, the character this happened on is a Druid. He was leveling up from level 4 to 5. His inventory is nearly completely full with only a few single slots open. Also, I had reached level 5 a few hours earlier, but had died, and took an xp loss to revive, so this was the second time reaching level 5, if that has anything to do with it. Also, picked the feat "extra wild shape" both times.

I would imagine whats going on here is that leveling up adds some dummy items that the player isn't supposed to see, nor is supposed to take up an inventory space or weight, to add skills to the character that they should have gotten by leveling up? And, due to having a full inventory, it wasn't able to be added, and was instead dropped on the floor, breaking whatever scripting that was supposed to make it invisible and whatever else.

Restarting didn't fix it. Maybe a server reset will fix it? But at the moment of typing this, the item is still in my inventory taking up space, and may or may not be having some kind of unintended effect on my charcter's stats.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: Levelup "Character Attributes" item
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 07:25:40 AM »
IIRC the fix is to put this in a quickslot and then click on it to "re-equip" the item.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Levelup "Character Attributes" item
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 05:54:06 PM »
This should now be fixed so that the character skin is no longer unequiped. Let us know if it happens again.