You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Vallaki - Market District - Broken Bell Inn  (Read 45713 times)

Ric

• <Insert pwnage innuendo>
  • Dark Power
  • The writer that keeps going ... And going ...
Re: Vallaki - Market District - Broken Bell Inn
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 04:52:09 PM »
Over the recent days, since the catastrophe at the western gate of Vallaki, many individuals have been enjoying many nights of social enjoyment.  They pass stories of mini-performances, friendly dice-games, drinks, and parties.  Employment to willing workers has also been mixing with the stories.  Those new to the all the festivities have been told to spread the word that the Broken Bell Inn has raised the bar in activity!

Doom

• Pain? Pain is like love . . . like compassion! It is a thing only for lesser men.
  • Dark Power
  • What is pain to Doom?
    • Last Stand Legacy Beta
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 09:27:46 PM »
A Stern young Barovian man with a wicked scar on his face, and a tightly buckled longsword visits the Broken Bell inn. He leaves with the Bartender a simple letter for the owner.

Dear Sir,

My name is Dragomir Katzinkaly. I am a veteran of three years of Gaurd Service as well as service with distinction in two major engagements during the Invidian war. I have noticed that despite your establishments proximity to sewer holes and alleys, and despite the presence of wicked beasties at night, your inn has no protection. The Broken Bell has a full detail of City Guard, and that hole the Ladies Rest even has a stout bouncer. I would suggest myself for some sort of security/bouncer posistion, to work in your establishment and keep it safe when the City Guard fear to tread. I am no stranger to fighting the beasts of the Night, and I have personal incentive to protect your inn- I will not run off at the first sign of true danger like some death shy mercenary. I come fitted with my own gear and supplies, and wages are highly negotiable. If your interested, I'll be in touch.

Signed,

Dragomir Katzinkaly

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 08:38:32 PM »
A lady in tight suit, red hair seen under her hat, with a guitar in her hands, passes by, reads the notices, hums on herself, and writes an unsigned note:

"WHERE ARE THOSE SKELETONS COMEDIANS EVERYONE SPEAK ABOUT?"

Then shifts away calmly and rubbing her chin exclaims all alone "Hey! I'm pretty sure those ones are actors in scary disguises. Furrrrrrry!".

She safely arrived at the Broken Bell, running and sweating, fleeing from wererats. The only thing people could hear from her mouth was: "Luckily I'm well trained at jogging!".
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 06:51:05 PM »

jimkaf

• Always wanted to be the One, True,
  • Dark Lord
  • U RP WRONG
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 07:58:44 AM »
A woman of slightly pale skin and undeniable beauty frequents the Broken Bell Inn, frequently seen with Armand Le Barthe and his troupe. There's something about her, that makes her look less like an outlander but her slightly pale face betrays it still. She frequently plays the violin for the guests, exceptionally, and notably once in a while a Vistani Ballad.

The guests don't seem to mind her as she refrains from making a lot of fuss, mostly sitting silent or playing her violin and having a drink.
Active PC: Skender Vacarescu [NWN Portrait Download]

Limpids

• New to the Mists
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 05:18:38 AM »
A letter was delivered to Samvel the barkeep, for a Katalyn Schoppen.

Miss Schoppen,

At your earliest convenience I would like to meet you. I was hired by Armand LeBarthe weeks ago
 for your play and we should meet up to discuss what part I will have in it all.

Regards,

~Natalie Theserran

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 10:57:02 AM »
Laughing abounds at the Broken bell one night of a male drunk pesant who continously slurred lurrid words to a barovian woman of fine build, apperance, and mind. A few whispered the named florence after the event took place.

The man after repeated slurred advances on the woman who turned him down politly but firmly each time finally seemed to have enough of them and using a small blade delivered a slight cut down his cheek. "When I say no! I mean NO!" She was heard saying forcefully. The man in his drunken stupor seemed to pass out from both the combination of shock, pain, and drink. The woman was seen sighing then and then tended to the cut she had made using a variety of salves and simple cloth wrappings.

When asked by one outlander why she didnt just use healing magics she gave a sour face to the man. "I wouldnt sully my body with such foul cultists arts. Also making one self become dependent on such things weakens the body." She was heard saying.

Once her task was done the drunken man was taken up stairs and the woman sat back down to her drink for the last few hours of the night.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 10:01:16 PM »
Rumors of an Angry Mob gathering in front of the Broken Bell as Fey entered the Establishment...Peasants alike Witnessed one of the Tenants of the Establishment, Armand LeBarthe,  as he chased Out the Fey Scum from the Broken Bell....

And some shouted...

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 09:12:46 PM »
Suzette slips a word to Samvel.

Dear friend, a man named Tate Dalton, remember dis name. Dark hair and impossible sideburns, if you see him i would keep my eye on dat man. A pick pocket and a thief, he was lifting pockets earlier today in town. Also i have seen him lurking near de theater.

Samvel nods and goes back to washing his mugs, reminding himself to keep an eye out for the thief.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 07:59:45 PM »
I would like to speak to Mr. LeBarthe.

Cordially,
Daciana Varzaru

Left at the bells desk at some point

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

kanedellesk

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 11:45:33 PM »
Word spreads quickly that one recent eve, the Shadow Fey that was stalking the town of Vallaki was put to an end at the Broken Bell while attempting to steal the shadow of a Barovian lady. Customers reported hearing strange noises upstairs. Then, not long after, several guards and outlanders ran out of the front door. Rumors say that both guards and outlanders looked to have witchery on them, but some dismiss this as rumors. As days passed, locals resumed their usual hatred of all non human Barovian natives, but weren't going so far as to be outright hostile to them.

A pair of local drunks were having a conversation not long afterward.

Drunk A: "Hear that thar fey were kilt."
Drunk B: "Da. Right here in tha inn. Upstairs, I believe."
Drunk A: "Guess them good ol boys nu be able ta beat an' lynch fey no mer."

A rather large gentleman sitting at the bar overhears the talking and tells them both: "I wouldn't be so sure about that."
With a wink, the large man leaves.

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 02:36:17 AM »
The following letter has been posted outside the Broken Bell Inn.

Wanted, Balok instructor to teach Military personell, pay is negotiable. See Private Antropov at the Citadel.

Long Live the Count !

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2008, 09:14:48 PM »
The following notice can be found posted in each district.

Citizens of Vallaki ! Fear no more, the dread Shadow Fey will no longer haunt our people and steal innocent maidens shadows. The foul demon has been killed by Vallki's finest. Rest safely in your beds knowing that you are under the tireless protection of the Vallaki guard, who will stop at nothing to ensure Order and Safety for all citizens.

Long Live The Count !

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008, 12:26:34 AM »
Despite the Affair announced being closed about the Fey, the Broken Bell still warns Fey from entering past its door, The Ban on Fey remains much to the pleasure of Vallaki Locals.

A Large Sign with a Drawing of an Elf Cicled with an Interdiction RED MARK is seen at the Door of the Broken Bell.

The Broken Bell Inn Takes initiative as proud and Fine Barovian establishment by Tradition and will Tolerate NO Fey whitin its Walls!

The management.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2008, 12:29:48 AM »
Rumor has it that the Broken Bell offers a free Meal to any of the Count's guardsman, some say this generous offer is paid directly by LeBarthe's pockets, others praise the generosity and patriotism of Igor, The Owner.

Knight's Sword

• Outlander
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2008, 07:26:06 AM »
Often a pale young barovian man is seen hanging about the Inn. Asking questions regarding the patron of the Inn Mr. LeBarth. He is very polite almost cordial. Often he simply buys the people who speak a drink and leaves.
Grayson Astavich - Warrior of the Innocent.

'Real men needn't speak, their stories are told by the scars on their bodies'

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2008, 12:33:39 AM »
A notice posted outside the Bell

Wanted, cold stones and pitic iron. Will pay well. See Private Ileanna Antropov or leave word at the bar.

Limpids

• New to the Mists
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2008, 12:10:57 PM »
Two new faces have been seen among the staff of the Broken Bell Inn lately.

Seems the innkeeper recently hired a new maid and a guard.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2008, 12:10:26 AM »
The Red Vardo Traders
In Cooperation with
The Broken Bell Theatre,
Are Proud to Present,
The One,
The Only,
The Magnificent,
The Master,
He who has Sold Record numbers Of His Masterpieces throughout the Core,
André Bellamont!

Come and Assist a Reading People will talk throughout the ages!

[The Posters End with The Day of the event: OOC This Sunday]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 12:12:41 AM by Eraldur »

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2008, 04:21:48 PM »
LeBarthe is seen chuckling with some patrons, telling them about the Fight and on how this little girl Ain'a beat the Falkonovian terror, Vladimir to a pulp; he speaks of the Countless times Falkonovia invaded his home country of Dementlieu without success, promissing to spread the tale of Falkonovian Vladimir to the far reaches of Port-a-Lucine.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 08:22:05 PM »
Word spread that wealthy outlander Armand LeBarthe was seen accompanied by two Elves which he refered to as "heroic", mentionning that they refused to take on the reward of 20 000 fang for capturing Vladimir The Menace.

Mentions of Fey Ain'a, the same petite fey girl that beat the towering hulking Falkovian from the country, this time not with her fists, but with a sword.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:25:33 PM by Eraldur »

Doom

• Pain? Pain is like love . . . like compassion! It is a thing only for lesser men.
  • Dark Power
  • What is pain to Doom?
    • Last Stand Legacy Beta
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2008, 08:31:56 PM »
These elves however, are still not allowed in the Inn, as they are "Damn Dirty Fey", proclaims the owner.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2008, 03:20:31 AM »
Patrons of the Broken Bell, regulars could murmur intrusively about LeBarthe's recent interest with the Vistani blooded woman dancer Yvonne, they would mention her often being at the inn, and walking both downstairs and upstairs with the woman, ....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 03:24:14 AM by Eraldur »

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »
Word spreads quickly that a very angry Ileanna Antropov stormed into the Bell and shortly after was seen throwing things out of an upstairs window. The whole market area was soon littered with expensive men's clothing, play scripts and sheet music. The screaming and swearing that ensued was not for the faint of heart. A badly battered, half naked Vistani girl was seen running out of the inn shortly after crying in her ripped undergarments, her face was covered with welts and bruises.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 02:08:25 PM by Taty »

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2008, 12:49:42 AM »
Beautiful music and singing can be heard from the theater, the theater's beautiful caretaker is known to go there often and sing for the mere pleasure of doing so.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard