Public (OOC) > Setting and Lore Discussion

Druid weapon/armor restrictions

(1/4) > >>

Thundron:
How people are playing their druids in terms of weapon and armor restrictions, like what is the reasoning that they could use scimitar, but no other metal weapons or armors. NWN itself has no limitations, but does potm have any ruling about this, or should people just play as they see best for themselves?

Jeebs:
It's always seemed strange to me, but as a druid you're not allowed to wear metal armour. The only reason they make concessions regarding weapons is because they recognize the need for them. There are alternatives to metal if you want to wear medium or heavy armour though.

Rvrdrgn:
I may or may not switch back to scimitars, but other than rings no metal armors or helms. There seems to be very little druid gear IG compared to clerics/mages ..and sneaker gear  :roll: Thankfully there are other means to make up for it a little.

Nemesis 24:
Druid probably has the most class specific gear, particularly caster gear, in terms of options.  It just seems to have a slightly lower drop rate, which is understandable as it is one class.  Three classes (not to mention PRC's) use stealth gear, which is probably why there are so many more stealth items, and if they choose to use them, they are crucial

As for gear, yes.  Metal armour, gear, is not allowed.  Rings, weapons, those are fine.  Otherwise crafted chitin is most likely your best bet to wear.

zDark Shadowz:

--- Quote from: Nemesis 24 on March 10, 2019, 09:27:33 PM ---As for gear, yes.  Metal armour, gear, is not allowed.  Rings, weapons, those are fine.  Otherwise crafted chitin is most likely your best bet to wear.

--- End quote ---

This above is the current ruling from DMs and developers I've asked. Metal on your weapons is fine, metal on apparel (Armor, helmet, gloves, boots) isn't.

Don't turn helmets into hoods to get around this either as I've seen some people do - if it says Material: Bronze / Iron on it then you know what it's made of, no Eyes of the Eagle or Falkovnian Talon Bracers for druids.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version