Author Topic: Minor Suggestion: Churchsteeple Root  (Read 422 times)

zDark Shadowz

• Undead Master
Minor Suggestion: Churchsteeple Root
« on: March 08, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if this could be considered for being available outside of the Vallaki region, as I've found that the potion it makes by itself is immensely useful and there doesn't appear to be an equivalent outside of Vallaki currently.
Currently playing Karaz Steel, the Knave with the Glaive.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Minor Suggestion: Churchsteeple Root
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 07:31:29 AM »
Hi, I was wondering if this could be considered for being available outside of the Vallaki region, as I've found that the potion it makes by itself is immensely useful and there doesn't appear to be an equivalent outside of Vallaki currently.

At this time, it is kept in the low level areas on purpose. I would not necessarily be against expanding it to the whole of Barovia as this is a canon barovian herb from an official Ravenloft Dragon Magazine article. Though, I rather stand on the "rarer is better" side of the fence. We would also need to evaluate what potential impact this may have, and there are many other things more pressing that I need to address regarding herbalism first. 
Best Regards!
MAB

Proud member of the Dev team, kindly working nights and days to bring you all more creative ways to slay all your PCs, faster and more efficiently!

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 09:13:43 AM »
I'd be really saddened to see it tainting the pool of higher level herbs. If it were, at least find some additional mixed tonic it could be added to so it'd have a purpose besides teaching new herbalists.
Currently Playing:
Elizabethany Joelle, Sorceress of Flame
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess
Allalia, Druidess of the Earthen Dream

immasturgeon

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 09:19:34 AM »
I agree with Hatsune on this one.

Unless it gets placed into more complex recipes it is in a good spot.

fenixphire

• Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 09:28:04 AM »
If it were, at least find some additional mixed tonic it could be added to so it'd have a purpose besides teaching new herbalists.

Something like Aura vs Alignment (evil) might be nice, if the other herbs were harder to get. Not sure if that can be made to affect only the target in potion form, though.

zDark Shadowz

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 01:54:31 PM »
Alright, no worries. +2 saving throws vs evil is super useful, so just glad it's here at all ;)
Currently playing Karaz Steel, the Knave with the Glaive.