Author Topic: Lycanthrope - Werewolf Template Bugs and Curiosities  (Read 1097 times)

foxtale

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
Lycanthrope - Werewolf Template Bugs and Curiosities
« on: March 08, 2019, 01:56:30 AM »
Some issues I ran into with the Werewolf template:

1.: On hostility

Transforming into hybrid form would hostile not the entire server, but only the people observing the transformation. If people later joined a conflict, I would have to manually hostile them - this is problematic since the toggle-hostile quickslot on my quickbar becomes a Cancel-Transformation button when in hybrid form. I have to open the player list and frantically click on names with blue next to them, which can be difficult when being casted on^^

Curiously - if I entered a conflict as a human and hostiled several people manually, transforming would instead toggle them to friendly; again a problem for myself as stated above, but I even got complains from players whose "target-hostile" spells failed because of this.

It could be that only my own factions are set up the wrong way, but I thought it best to report this.

2.: On Item/Statistics merging:

The experiment began without any equipment.
Equipping a +2 universal save torso granted only a +2 to reflex in hybrid form vs. a transformation without any gear; no bonus to fortitude or will.

Then adding a +1 universal save set of gloves increased all three saves accordingly.
Equipping a +2 will set of gloves increased no save.

Then equipping a +1 universal save set of boots with a specific +2 to fortitude only increased all saves by one, fortitude did not increase by two.

Regardless of what happened with the torso, where a universal save bonus only increased reflex, it stands to reason only universal saves merge with the transformation, specific save increases will not merge. Adding a cloak with -4 reflex, however, will decrease the reflex of the hybrid form by 4.

While my character's saves are good enough to survive so far, I think this would hurt lower level werewolves quite a bit - I also see no reason why only universal saves would merge, and since the torso's universal save got converted to only reflex, I presume all of this isn't intended.

Skills appear to merge flawlessly, as does DR and soak. AC merges as it does for shifters, which means only the highest of all AC boni is applied and presumably converted to deflection; I assume this is intended and working.

3.: On carry weight decreases

When transforming, sometimes my currently carried weight of inventory is decreased after I revert back, with all connected ramifications of that taking effect. I can not tell what factors into this happening, but it is exploitable with some patience and as far as I can tell only fixed by relogging.

It may be helpful if some of the other openly known lycanthropes could weight in on these three issues and test as well.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:00:41 AM by foxtale »
Mareike - "The alternative is saving only myself. I will go to any length for this."
Enora - "The Weald belongs to they that can take it."
Felise - "!em ton era uoY"

Better Dread than Dead

• The Bad Guy
  • Dark Power
Re: Lycanthrope - Werewolf Template Bugs and Curiosities
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 02:19:11 AM »
Strangely enough, when my character shifts into hybrid or animal form, the entire server is made hostile to me. I imagine what you're experiencing is some kind of issue with the Werewolves faction.

PlatointheCave

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 02:39:53 AM »
When I assume hybrid/animal form my apparent faction is made Rats. This makes me hostile to most of the server but I have had the following issues:

1. Erudites, Garda and WFK faction members are not set to hostile.

2. Vampires are not hostile to me. Both a/MPCs and NPCs.

While I appreciate that the Garda and WFK are mostly wererats, I cannot use the hostile tool to quickly flip targets when I turn because it changes me back.

I've not experimented much with saves merging so I can't comment there.

I do sometimes get the carry weight bug, but relogging fixes it.

My faction when in hybrid form reads as follows:

Apparent Faction: Rats / Actual Faction: Erudites.

I am not wearing the Erudite ring when I get this.

foxtale

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 02:47:38 AM »
When shifted, my apparent faction is Werewolves, the others are Outlander, to note that.
Mareike - "The alternative is saving only myself. I will go to any length for this."
Enora - "The Weald belongs to they that can take it."
Felise - "!em ton era uoY"

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 11:00:16 PM »
Somewhat late but:

1) Most faction issues should have been fixed; it's normal though that vampires won't be hostile when turning into a rat or wolf shape since those factions are also "allied" with vampires.
2) The issue with saving throws is actually because the werewolf "skin" already gave +2 Fort/Will. I'll change it though so that item bonuses merge with the initial properties on the skin for wild shape, elemental shape, greater wildshape and the lycanthrope shapechange ability.
3) That one's strange; it may be the weight of the claws/bite; it shouldn't make much of a difference but all I can think of.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 01:19:41 PM »
I've implemented the changes to saving throws with the most recent update.