Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 66280 times)

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #450 on: September 17, 2020, 04:51:50 AM »
Quote from: Thundron on September 07, 2020, 12:50:44 AM
shurikens have been broken for quite some time now (not able to use flurry of blows with them)

That's an error in the description of the Flurry of Blows on POTM, if not already fixed, it will be next hak update. Shuriken can't function with Flurry of Blows.

Im pretty sure shurikens worked with flully of blows at some point, and should work, as shuriken is pretty useless vs dart and throwing axe, as they dont get (atleast shouldnt get str bonus) so hurling one more per round wouldnt be big deal. Would be nice to be able to make strong alchemical steel shurikens for sure! well darts and axes too..

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #451 on: September 17, 2020, 07:13:57 PM »
Im pretty sure shurikens worked with flully of blows at some point, and should work, as shuriken is pretty useless vs dart and throwing axe, as they dont get (atleast shouldnt get str bonus) so hurling one more per round wouldnt be big deal. Would be nice to be able to make strong alchemical steel shurikens for sure! well darts and axes too..

It never worked on POTM at least, nor in the base game. Perhaps in NwN2 or other servers.

Maragrouf

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #452 on: September 18, 2020, 11:17:07 PM »
There may be a bug related to spells regarding Invisibility vision and such. If the spell effect ends/is dispelled, you won't see ANYONE or Anything.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #453 on: September 19, 2020, 01:20:41 AM »
There may be a bug related to spells regarding Invisibility vision and such. If the spell effect ends/is dispelled, you won't see ANYONE or Anything.

Did something--e.g. shadows--cast Darkness on you while True Sight or See Invisibility was up? If so, this is a long-time (and very annoying) bug.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #454 on: September 19, 2020, 01:45:49 AM »

It never worked on POTM at least, nor in the base game. Perhaps in NwN2 or other servers.
never played nwn2 or used shurikens on other servers

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #455 on: September 19, 2020, 01:46:54 AM »
silver candelabra is broken, when used on ground it just disappears. shouldnt it become object?

Comet

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #456 on: September 19, 2020, 11:45:14 AM »
I'm wearing some crafted electrum plated steel bracers and fighting unarmed.
(Greater) Magic Weapon applies to them as expected, but neither Sonic Weapon nor varnishes seem to apply. Have not tried any other spells.
Lance Corporal Valeria Mihalache
Noria Ersos

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #457 on: September 19, 2020, 01:17:15 PM »
(Greater) Magic Weapon applies to them as expected, but neither Sonic Weapon nor varnishes seem to apply. Have not tried any other spells.

The issue lies with Greater Magic Weapon (and a few related spells) that shouldn't affect bracers; in DnD, bracers are defensive, whereas gloves/gauntlets are offensive. I'll fix that.

Comet

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #458 on: September 19, 2020, 08:35:15 PM »

The issue lies with Greater Magic Weapon (and a few related spells) that shouldn't affect bracers; in DnD, bracers are defensive, whereas gloves/gauntlets are offensive. I'll fix that.

Ah dang. Good to know.
Lance Corporal Valeria Mihalache
Noria Ersos

Maragrouf

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #459 on: September 20, 2020, 04:58:09 AM »

Did something--e.g. shadows--cast Darkness on you while True Sight or See Invisibility was up? If so, this is a long-time (and very annoying) bug.

First time I've seen this bug, I'd say "Yes", as we were fighting Shadows with a couple of people before I was dispelled by "magic doggos". But last time around, I'm quite sure there wasn't any Darkness effect while True Sight was up.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #460 on: September 20, 2020, 10:24:38 AM »

First time I've seen this bug, I'd say "Yes", as we were fighting Shadows with a couple of people before I was dispelled by "magic doggos". But last time around, I'm quite sure there wasn't any Darkness effect while True Sight was up.

It happens once TS wears off if at any time while TS is up you encounter magical darkness. Something else might trigger it that I'm unaware of, including dispelling, but that's the most common cause. My PC has TS up pretty regularly and that's how it happens to her.

Annoying but I think relogging fixes.

Dreaderick

• Dark Lord
« Reply #461 on: September 20, 2020, 11:59:54 AM »

I had a weird effect fighting shadows in the Sullen woods as well - in the whole area, ultravision didn't work - everything was pitch black.

I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy. - Oscar Wilde

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #462 on: September 21, 2020, 06:22:42 PM »
With regards to traps only triggering on hostile players now:

Traps placed on doors will still trigger and damage the opener, regardless if they're set to hostile with the trapper or not.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #463 on: September 28, 2020, 07:33:07 AM »
Krofburg Daily Wares sells Umbrella, but its parasol model, thats too small for umbrella.. I dont think sun is issue in Barovia, so could this be changed to black umbrella instead?

foxtale

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #464 on: October 02, 2020, 01:59:50 AM »
When crafted furniture becomes persistent in a rental over a server reset, it can not be deconstructed anymore. This is fine, it can still be destroyed and wood is plentiful.

However, "Chair, Old" and "Stool" are immune to all types of damage I tried. (Cutting, bashing, fire, cold, negative) So I can not get rid of them myself when re-decorating.
Mareike - "The alternative is saving only myself. I will go to any length for this."
Enora - "The Weald belongs to they that can take it."
Felise - "!em ton era uoY"

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #465 on: October 02, 2020, 08:03:29 AM »
Rowboat on the second floor by the werewolves doesnt work.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #466 on: October 02, 2020, 01:25:31 PM »
Rowboat on the second floor by the werewolves doesnt work.

Can you be more specific?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #467 on: October 02, 2020, 10:03:50 PM »
Krofburg Daily Wares sells Umbrella, but its parasol model, thats too small for umbrella.. I dont think sun is issue in Barovia, so could this be changed to black umbrella instead?

I'll change it.

When crafted furniture becomes persistent in a rental over a server reset, it can not be deconstructed anymore. This is fine, it can still be destroyed and wood is plentiful.

However, "Chair, Old" and "Stool" are immune to all types of damage I tried. (Cutting, bashing, fire, cold, negative) So I can not get rid of them myself when re-decorating.

I'll fix this; also in the next update craftable placeables will spawn with no name/description.

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #468 on: October 04, 2020, 10:56:59 PM »
Bless Weapon (and, from what I hear, Magic Weapon/GMW - maybe other weapon enchantments too?) applies to worn gauntlets unless targeted directly onto the weapon.
Vicerimus Mortem.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #469 on: October 05, 2020, 02:09:11 AM »
Not sure if intended, but enemy perception range seems to have increased considerably. I only just got a spawn node within my character's perception range. Quite distant. And they all charged/started using spells and abilities.

EDIT: Tested in a few more places. It's definitely a bit janky - every foe on the same map seems to go into alert and come running, no matter how far away.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 04:14:43 AM by Homebrew Hokum »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!

mappinger

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #470 on: October 06, 2020, 10:06:35 AM »
Not sure if intended, but enemy perception range seems to have increased considerably. I only just got a spawn node within my character's perception range. Quite distant. And they all charged/started using spells and abilities.

EDIT: Tested in a few more places. It's definitely a bit janky - every foe on the same map seems to go into alert and come running, no matter how far away.

I noticed this in two places to confirm. The crags near Krofburg are not easily dodged by keeping distance. And some wolf packs that watch the trail East of Vallaki perceive you at a greater distance than previously. I don't have any strong opinion if this remains or goes back to the way it was before (though making it *too easy to bypass watchful predators meant to add tension is perhaps a bit weaksauce) - just adding my observations.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:25:45 AM by mappinger »

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #471 on: October 06, 2020, 12:22:54 PM »
The crags near Krofburg are not easily dodged by keeping distance. And some wolf packs that watch the trail East of Vallaki perceive you at a greater distance than previously. I don't have any strong opinion if this remains or goes back to the way it was before (though making it *too easy to bypass watchful predators meant to add tension is perhaps a bit weaksauce) - just adding my observations.

Those crag cats kill many a newbie lowbie already, whereas that is the target of the fetch quest. As has been stated by myself and several others many times, the server is quite challenging for first-timers, so that this is the part of it that least needs greater difficulty.

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
« Reply #472 on: October 06, 2020, 01:21:29 PM »
It appears after the update it is no longer possible to place food/drinks onto non-crafted tables.

I'll also mention the bug with the tailoring stations here, though I have already a post on it >,>
-> https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=55686.0
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 01:23:18 PM by Always_a_hero »
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

Calad

• Champion of the Eternal Dawn
  • Undead Master
  • The Ancient. The Land.
« Reply #473 on: October 13, 2020, 04:34:05 AM »
Most doors (normally locked and not possible to open door) in the Warehouse District of Vallaki have disappeared.

Spoiler: show

Long live the Count, Strahd von Zarovich XI!

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #474 on: October 13, 2020, 10:22:34 AM »
Most doors (normally locked and not possible to open door) in the Warehouse District of Vallaki have disappeared.

Spoiler: show

Thanks, found the cause (it affects many other areas too) and will fix it.