You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 65701 times)

Lim Pol

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Lord
Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #375 on: June 24, 2020, 05:54:43 PM »
When using the smelter at Dvergeheim the coal is still remaining after crafting.  Not sure if it's meant to be doing that, not crafted in sometime.

Yesper

« Reply #376 on: June 25, 2020, 02:47:17 AM »
While attempting to enchant a Platinum-Gilded Adamantine Double Scimitar, the machine does not seem to register it as a valid ingredient for enchanting.

The Great Unclean One

• New to the Mists
  • Resident Alien
« Reply #377 on: June 26, 2020, 08:40:59 PM »
Enhance Wild Shape can be cast as an empowered spell, which shouldn't be allowed since Enhance Wild Shape does not use variable stat increases.
The Chaos Gods did nothing wrong!

Asous

« Reply #378 on: June 27, 2020, 01:31:37 PM »

Once opened/unlocked the Western gate (the one at the outskirts or map name https://i.gyazo.com/bdb5b3d925c4556efd72b64b0119ef7a.png) to Vallaki does not have a "lock" option.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #379 on: June 27, 2020, 08:49:53 PM »
Enhance Wild Shape can be cast as an empowered spell, which shouldn't be allowed since Enhance Wild Shape does not use variable stat increases.

This should normally have been fixed with the last hak update. Can you check again and let me know if it hasn't?

mappinger

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #380 on: June 28, 2020, 02:18:35 PM »
Pavel Sabrosky, the woodworking merchant in the Trading Hall in Vallaki is missing thighs/legs.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #381 on: June 28, 2020, 02:50:06 PM »

This should normally have been fixed with the last hak update. Can you check again and let me know if it hasn't?

Checking my spell list, I do not see Enhance Wildshape as an empowerable spell, so it looks like it's fixed

Asous

« Reply #382 on: June 30, 2020, 07:32:55 AM »

Once opened/unlocked the Western gate (the one at the outskirts or map name https://i.gyazo.com/bdb5b3d925c4556efd72b64b0119ef7a.png) to Vallaki does not have a "lock" option.

To confirm, this appears to be an issue with all of the gates. None can be locked again once unlocked.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #383 on: June 30, 2020, 12:20:47 PM »

I'll try to fix this next update.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #384 on: July 01, 2020, 12:08:56 AM »
At the Governor's Hotel, extra keys given to other players are deleted(If they aren't in the renter's inventory) when the rent is renewed, and there's no way to gain new keys.

Duayne

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #385 on: July 01, 2020, 12:07:52 PM »
If being killed (not -10 dead) at the same time as changing instance, gold (can't confirm with items) may not appear with your body.. In my case, I took a hit above the well just south of Vallaki next to the beekeeper, at the same time I had clicked the well. My body was at the bottom but my gold wasn't with me or next to the well...I actually found it almost two instances south (where I came from) just past the intersection by Dvergeheim.

Janarah

• Undead Slayer
    • Author C.R. Beaumont
« Reply #386 on: July 01, 2020, 08:17:24 PM »
On the action server - notes (may or may not affect rp server since there are key differences.)

Every so often the to hit bonus from gilded platinum isn't applying when fighting and ac seems to bug out higher or lower. Not sure why. Buffing with a stat potion seems to temporarily correct the issue. Swapping weapons does not. relogging will correct inaccurate ac and to hit for a two or so hours.

Beating a dead horse, but cleave seems temperamental on if it wants to work and sometimes knocks you out of combat.

Not sure about the full details, but pokey said caltering his shield made the morning lord faction hostile against one of his toons (this may or may not be fully accurate, i don't speak italian).

Every so often areas will be devoid of hostile spawns, ore, plants, and bounties will still be there. But loot and monsters won't.

Starting ocr in barovia for half orcs (i see no issue with this bit) who put no points in cha is auto hostile.
Starting ocr in barovia for dwarves who put no points in cha is auto hostile (this might be an issue).

"Life is full of mysteries, why can I not be one myself?"
~Nightwolf
Current: Belia/ Kalis
Shelved mostly: Sudhri / Atlantia / Radriel/ Herophile Sybil/ Lliannia/ Rabbit/
Closured (dead or other): Marius/ Calous/ Ellana/ Radu/ Ania/ Anica/ Olath

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #387 on: July 01, 2020, 08:42:46 PM »

Starting ocr in barovia for dwarves who put no points in cha is auto hostile (this might be an issue).

This might be a height issue. I recall when height was first implemented that it caused a lot of OCR problems, noticeably with Dwarves.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #388 on: July 01, 2020, 11:21:31 PM »
On the action server - notes (may or may not affect rp server since there are key differences.)

Every so often the to hit bonus from gilded platinum isn't applying when fighting and ac seems to bug out higher or lower. Not sure why. Buffing with a stat potion seems to temporarily correct the issue. Swapping weapons does not. relogging will correct inaccurate ac and to hit for a two or so hours.

Beating a dead horse, but cleave seems temperamental on if it wants to work and sometimes knocks you out of combat.

Not sure about the full details, but pokey said caltering his shield made the morning lord faction hostile against one of his toons (this may or may not be fully accurate, i don't speak italian).

Every so often areas will be devoid of hostile spawns, ore, plants, and bounties will still be there. But loot and monsters won't.

AB penalties may be applying from other locations, such as exhaustion, or the entanglement bug (the latter of which can affect your AC until you next reload, or you are looking at different AB values given when flanking as opposed to up front combat. (+2 AB when the flanking condition is met), many of these are +/- 2 differences so itd be best to provide screenshots and full combat data alongside the character sheet and any buff/icons etc etc so the full picture can be seen.

Its not just Cleave affected, I've noticed even without cleave that my character would just outright not target the nearest creature after killing the one they are targeting, or be action cancelled if a worg ran away before death rather than resuming chase. These arent bugs common to other servers so I think maybe the on death AI script or something somehow interferes with the nearest PC sometimes.

Loot and monsters not spawning for the intended dungeon can happen if the dungeon has been fully cleared out somewhat recently, has a state for complete emptiness and not enough time has gone by for it to build back up. If you are absolutely certain no one has been in those places for several IRL hours, report those areas with the exact area name and the team can look into it as it'd likely happen on the RP server if the same conditions are met.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #389 on: July 04, 2020, 08:37:21 PM »
Crescendo of blood is not functioning correctly. Successive kills rarely increase the AB and damage bonuses, even as the 'boost' effect appears overhead. I can provide screenshots in a PM.

This should now be fixed.

Carpets, when placed, will only be placed down at one angle, instead of changing based on the player's angle.

Carpentry bug.

When going through the menu and previewing the placeables I cant use the option 1. Craft .

I need to reuse the carp box and craft without previewing.

Pementieu - Port-A-Lucine - Quartier Savant - Voltiere

Tengu Fan sells for 1gp.

Also there is another location that sells exotic items in the port (I forgot to right the name down), in the same quarter, the merchant also sells the Tengu Fan for 1gp. In his conversation it say's that he sells the finest silk from Rokushima Taiyoo, but he only sells garments from Har'Akir.

The Tengu Fan problems should now be fixed.

The Bellegarde Consortium building, Krofburg

When approaching the Bellegarde Clerk, her dialogue is this:

Bellegarde Clerk: [Talk] [The clerk nods to you.] Marking a delivery?

...fairly certain that should be "making" not "marking." :)

This should now "hopefully" be fixed.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #390 on: July 05, 2020, 03:55:50 PM »
Should firearms hit on a 20?

There is a picture under free advice in Discord that shows a 20 roll missing when used on an undead creature who is otherwise immune to critical hits. The returned immunity message and ranged touch dice seems coloured in the combat log in such a way it looks like it doesnt follow all the standard ranged touch attack rules.

Janarah

• Undead Slayer
    • Author C.R. Beaumont
« Reply #391 on: July 06, 2020, 02:17:13 PM »
On action - may not apply to rp
I've noticed when cleave seems to bug out it is only on the new agrat models, and ghost model creatures, it seems to work just fine on other things. Great cleave has the same issue. For whatever reason it just doesn't want to work on the cool looking undead unless they are literally surrounding you in all directions. Perhaps a hit box issues with the model?

Specific creatures by name i've noticed cleave/great cleave not working on are slaughter wrights, agrats, greater agrats, the ghosts from the monastery, the ghosts in ghastria. Will update as I level and can test harder creatures.

The lack of spawning in some areas seems to be tied to time that the server is up, will update once i know for certain. Current theory is that the spawning just stops after about a week and a half to two weeks if no one has been to the areas. Will know for certain in another week.

Also, might not be important, but aoe spells can still kill others despite the non-pvp setting.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 05:02:55 PM by Janarah »
"Life is full of mysteries, why can I not be one myself?"
~Nightwolf
Current: Belia/ Kalis
Shelved mostly: Sudhri / Atlantia / Radriel/ Herophile Sybil/ Lliannia/ Rabbit/
Closured (dead or other): Marius/ Calous/ Ellana/ Radu/ Ania/ Anica/ Olath

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #392 on: July 07, 2020, 07:49:14 PM »
Should firearms hit on a 20?

There is a picture under free advice in Discord that shows a 20 roll missing when used on an undead creature who is otherwise immune to critical hits. The returned immunity message and ranged touch dice seems coloured in the combat log in such a way it looks like it doesnt follow all the standard ranged touch attack rules.

I'll fix this.

Relapse

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #393 on: July 13, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »

The new rental system in Governors Hotel, went into the suite and there was an arrow visible in the middle of the room.

Only thing of note is that when i entered the hotel I received and lost a "no room key". This didn't seem have any impact on my rental itself. Unsure if related.

Relapse

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #394 on: July 13, 2020, 08:20:06 PM »
The garbage piles in the port-a-lucine sewers consistently spawn a rusted helmet that doesn't seem to self clean up when the loot is refreshed. This leads them to continue to build up.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #395 on: July 14, 2020, 12:53:49 PM »
The yellowtext for yells will sometimes say the exact opposite direction that the yell is coming from.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #396 on: July 15, 2020, 01:20:08 AM »
Crescendo of blood is not functioning correctly. Successive kills rarely increase the AB and damage bonuses, even as the 'boost' effect appears overhead. I can provide screenshots in a PM.

Almost! The damage and AB stack up correctly, but the bonuses only begin after the second kill. The first kill gets a 'boost' FX, but no bonus.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 01:22:03 AM by Homebrew Hokum »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #397 on: July 15, 2020, 05:56:54 PM »
Almost! The damage and AB stack up correctly, but the bonuses only begin after the second kill. The first kill gets a 'boost' FX, but no bonus.

I'll try something else then, thanks for the feedback.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #398 on: July 16, 2020, 04:14:19 AM »
NPCs who hand items to the PC (deliveries) are no longer called by name in the message.

[Receives something from Generic Wealthy Barovian Male] is an example of what appears now, whereas the NPC's name used to be used.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #399 on: July 16, 2020, 06:25:59 PM »
NPCs who hand items to the PC (deliveries) are no longer called by name in the message.

[Receives something from Generic Wealthy Barovian Male] is an example of what appears now, whereas the NPC's name used to be used.

I'll fix this.