Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 65687 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2020, 10:28:55 AM »
I think the new inventory wiping function is deleting some of the default scrolls available in the merchants that would normally have a more extensive selection.

Where is that?

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #326 on: May 17, 2020, 10:47:04 AM »
Sorry, Port University.

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2020, 11:18:12 AM »
That's Professor Blaise Acursius in Université de Dementlieu - Faculté des Sciences Arcanes. He has all the scrolls he's supposed to though.  I suspect some players sold scrolls to him which jumbled the usual order and were eventually removed from his inventory.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #328 on: May 17, 2020, 11:27:37 AM »
That's Professor Blaise Acursius in Université de Dementlieu - Faculté des Sciences Arcanes. He has all the scrolls he's supposed to though.  I suspect some players sold scrolls to him which jumbled the usual order and were eventually removed from his inventory.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2020, 02:47:23 PM »
In the Krezk Outpost, the dockmaster gives two quests, bags of letters for Vallaki Warehouse, and Kroffburg Tent City, they both pay 150 fang.

The Gates at the far side of the Krezk Outpost are permanently locked.

Talking to the guards in Krezk Outpost at night doesn't result in a conversation that opens the gates like it does in....that other place...nearby, can't remember the name though.

There aren't any signs for the merchants in Krezk outpost.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 02:36:20 PM by ObsidianOrb »

The Doorman

• Undead Slayer
  • Knock knock
« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2020, 11:51:34 PM »
A specific item, the Abber Throwing Hawk, is very heavy. I made a joke about this to another player, and he informed me that this could be a bug, rather than a feature meant to compensate for the power of its on-hit property. Apparently all throwing axes had their weights dropped, and it was proposed that this particular item may have missed the purge.

I believe I'm not supposed to link stats, so I have left only the offending statistic in the spoiler below.

If working as intended, feel free to delete, disregard, and possibly pelt me with these axes at an inopportune moment.

Spoiler: show

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2020, 02:12:45 PM »
In Barovia - The Wachter Estate, on the outdoor stage, there is a dirt patch that is placed too far to the edge, its considerably overlapping the edge of the stage.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #332 on: May 23, 2020, 06:21:56 AM »
The rocking chair seat in the Lady's Rest in the Outskirts, is facing the wrong way.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #333 on: May 23, 2020, 05:57:07 PM »
In Barovia - The Wachter Estate, on the outdoor stage, there is a dirt patch that is placed too far to the edge, its considerably overlapping the edge of the stage.

I'll fix this.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #334 on: May 23, 2020, 05:57:19 PM »
The rocking chair seat in the Lady's Rest in the Outskirts, is facing the wrong way.

This was already reported and is being fixed with the hak update.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #335 on: May 24, 2020, 12:25:51 PM »
Very minor stacking issue:

I had two claim tickets for Improved Invisibility Potions, one for 12, one for 88. I put both in the chest to combine them.

They were transformed into 12 bottles and 88 bottles as would be expected.

When I pulled the two stacks of bottles into my inventory, however, the combined stack--instead of the expected result of 99 bottles and 1 bottle, was 90 bottles--resulting in the net loss of 10 pretty valuable potions.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #336 on: May 24, 2020, 02:43:43 PM »
Using the /y command can sometimes result in the yellow text saying the yell came from the wrong direction, usually the opposite of where it actually came from.

Janarah

• Undead Slayer
    • Author C.R. Beaumont
« Reply #337 on: May 27, 2020, 11:25:13 AM »
This one is for the action server bit:

So far I've only noted two things, the first being that in order to do a campfire you have to go through the rest convo, turn off and on some random debug setting and then the make a campfire will show.

The second issue is if randomly dc'd, players and npcs will become hostile and invisible upon relogging. Relogging does not fix this, you have to completely shut down the game and log all the way out for it to be remedied. This might be something to do with the cross platform play? I really have no idea. But it occurs due to time out dcs, transitional dcs, and so forth. It could simply be some sort of latency issue?

Gremishka's will sometimes appear in the outskirts inn and kill bianca. Radu stands there and watches if he is in doors.

I'll check other things as I go through playing, might take a while. Crafting so far seems to work fine for the little bit I can check.

The gate guards randomly leave the gate (valliki outskirts), come down the road to the inn, and do threatening gestures at nothing? This has only happened once so far, so no idea why it happened. No hostilities towards me and I didn't see anyone else around.

Gremishka have a higher than 15 ac and a +7 to hit, were they really designed for level 2 characters to fight? Granted they only do 1 damage, but still. I so far have to go off of solitary play or a team of two.

The @ commands don't seem to actually be working, this may also be some issue with the crossplatform play?

Clarity on leveling and class picking rules might be needed in that server, otherwise I have to assume they are the same as the rp server, but new players aren't going to know any of that with the short rule section.
"Life is full of mysteries, why can I not be one myself?"
~Nightwolf
Current: Belia/ Kalis
Shelved mostly: Sudhri / Atlantia / Radriel/ Herophile Sybil/ Lliannia/ Rabbit/
Closured (dead or other): Marius/ Calous/ Ellana/ Radu/ Ania/ Anica/ Olath

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #338 on: May 27, 2020, 11:30:33 AM »
The second issue is if randomly dc'd, players and npcs will become hostile and invisible upon relogging. Relogging does not fix this, you have to completely shut down the game and log all the way out for it to be remedied. This might be something to do with the cross platform play? I really have no idea. But it occurs due to time out dcs, transitional dcs, and so forth. It could simply be some sort of latency issue?

This is observed on the regular server as well. I think it's a Beamdog issue so not something Devs can address?

Gremishka have a higher than 15 ac and a +7 to hit, were they really designed for level 2 characters to fight? Granted they only do 1 damage, but still. I so far have to go off of solitary play or a team of two.

Seem to recall Cosmic recently tweaked this? So maybe it's not updated yet on the action server.

ETA: Found Cosmic's post, and it says, "Gremshikas now give more XP." So that was the tweak.

The @ commands don't seem to actually be working, this may also be some issue with the crossplatform play?

All or only some? Emptyanima reported this with the Switch, so yes, it does seems to be crossplatform-related.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:37:54 AM by Iridni Ren »

Haered Gwend

• New to the Mists
« Reply #339 on: May 29, 2020, 12:32:41 PM »
Could the weight of the Mountaineer's Cloak be reduced?

It's 8 lbs.

In terms of balance, the equivalent fire resistance cloak weighs 3 lbs. and has additional advantages, whereas the mountaineer's cloak actually has a vulnerability.

In terms of realism, the wooly fur armor gives the same cold resistance and weighs only 6 lbs. As they are both described as deriving their cold resistance from the same means (animal hides), a cloak should not weigh more than a full suit of the material.

That the cloak weighs almost three times as much as a normal cloak seems pretty excessive so as to make it undesirable and therefore pointless.

MoonCrower

• Outlander
« Reply #340 on: May 29, 2020, 05:27:02 PM »
Exhaustion Threshold and Endurance Tonics

I encountered an interesting "thing" last night while running around Har'Akir. My druid hit +2 over the exhaustion threshold, and so I had him drink an endurance tonic. I waited for the next debug message while standing still for the spell failure to go away and it did not. Then I waited further and still it persisted. I even logged off and logged back in. Also, the screenshot I took was in MC after leaving Har'Akir.

Active Characters:
Inan De'Rethke
Atrayix
Pierce d'Leroux
Sarkith Darskard
Envel'Wyld Tar'Talon

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #341 on: May 30, 2020, 01:49:54 PM »
In the Krezk Outpost, the dockmaster gives two quests, bags of letters for Vallaki Warehouse, and Kroffburg Tent City, they both pay 150 fang.

This is intentional, unless I missed something.

The Gates at the far side of the Krezk Outpost are permanently locked.

This is also intentional.

Talking to the guards in Krezk Outpost at night doesn't result in a conversation that opens the gates like it does in....that other place...nearby, can't remember the name though.

I've tried to recreate this and it worked fine. Can you give more details on the context (did you arrive at night, at what hour it happened, etc.)?

There aren't any signs for the merchants in Krezk outpost.

That's minor; can be fixed or not depending on priorities.

So far I've only noted two things, the first being that in order to do a campfire you have to go through the rest convo, turn off and on some random debug setting and then the make a campfire will show.

I'll look into it.

Which version of the game are you using?

Gremishka's will sometimes appear in the outskirts inn and kill bianca. Radu stands there and watches if he is in doors.

I'll remove them.

The gate guards randomly leave the gate (valliki outskirts), come down the road to the inn, and do threatening gestures at nothing? This has only happened once so far, so no idea why it happened. No hostilities towards me and I didn't see anyone else around.

Strange; I'll look into it.

I think they're disabled on the action server on purpose.<

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #342 on: May 30, 2020, 04:00:57 PM »
Exhaustion Threshold and Endurance Tonics

I encountered an interesting "thing" last night while running around Har'Akir. My druid hit +2 over the exhaustion threshold, and so I had him drink an endurance tonic. I waited for the next debug message while standing still for the spell failure to go away and it did not. Then I waited further and still it persisted. I even logged off and logged back in. Also, the screenshot I took was in MC after leaving Har'Akir.

The exhaustion checks only change if the variables would move you up or down a level of exhaustion; if you are on 23/22 or something and then drink a potion or rage to increase that denominator, it won't update your exhaustion. If you then keep dropping down from there by standing still, it won't be removed.

Current fixes are resting or exhausting yourself over and then below the next threshold, though it'd be a nice quality of life fix if each exhaustion check would remove exhaustion if the number is below, regardless of if it just changed out of the exhausted state or not.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #343 on: June 04, 2020, 03:44:38 PM »
Is it possible to turn off exhaustion effects in the OOC area?

Since spellcasting isn't allowed, logging in after a crash (and thus debuffed) can lead to massive exhaustion by the time you can even enter the game (which makes spellcasting virtually impossible once in game because of spell failure).

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #344 on: June 05, 2020, 04:28:08 PM »

This is intentional, unless I missed something.

Thanks for responding, I thought this might have been a mistake, seeing as for two different locations the job pays the same amount of Fang, however if that was the intent, then you would be right :)

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #345 on: June 09, 2020, 02:47:28 PM »
The mysterious column of light in the Near Ethereal is named "Bad Strref" ("Bad String Reference", I assume)

Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #346 on: June 09, 2020, 04:50:59 PM »
The mysterious column of light in the Near Ethereal is named "Bad Strref" ("Bad String Reference", I assume)

I'll try to fix this for the next update.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #347 on: June 10, 2020, 09:22:11 AM »
When using the Mirror Of Changing Faces, if you exit the menu without clicking apply, Tattoo 1 will revert to color 0, rather than whatever your color was set to before making changes.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2020, 02:59:27 AM »
Opened up my Dirgist's spell book to discover this:

Hmm'st'd've.

It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2020, 07:13:34 AM »
Opened up my Dirgist's spell book to discover this:

Hmm'st'd've.

I'll fix this. It's a leftover from some testing I did.