You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 65714 times)

zDark Shadowz

Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #275 on: April 26, 2020, 07:39:45 AM »
With the new update, I don't seem to be able to enter into Stealth mode. Detect mode on and off is fine though.

No ranks spent into hide or move silently on the character that is having issues, Karaz Steel.

EDIT: Nevermind, seems I can use stealth mode again. Weird. //
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:02:47 AM by zDark Shadowz »

TheOrangeKnight

• New to the Mists
« Reply #276 on: April 26, 2020, 08:12:11 AM »
After the newest patch, disguises now reveal themselves in the chatlog when someone recieves an item from a disguised person. The disguise is still above the player, but the chatlog is broken.

Eg. (Player A is normal, B is disguised, and is their actual name)

Player A: Receives something from [Player B]
Playing As:
Clarence "The Orange" (Semi Shelved)
Zharthan Mengmorul (Active)
 ̶U̶n̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ (???)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #277 on: April 26, 2020, 11:10:55 AM »
Area: Village of Barovia - Western gate

The west gate still doesn't lock at night correctly, I assume it's meant to work much like the Zeklos outpost gates. It remains unlocked at night for the most part, unless a player intervenes such as with the following:

If a player with Open Lock skill attempts to lock the gate from the outside, this initiates the guard conversation. They may then pass through the gate, with the guard opening it up, and the guard then locking it behind the player. However when dawn comes, the gate doesn't unlock by itself, and the guard no longer provides the conversation dialogue necessary to permit people to leave the city.

This should now be fixed.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2020, 11:12:20 AM »
There's a door in the University of Dementlieu Faculty of Arcane Sciences building (ground floor, south-west corner of the map) that seems to lead nowhere. Assuming this isn't just a decorative door, is that a broken transition? Might be an entrance to the adjoining laboratory building, which has a (locked) external door, because I didn't see an exterior door it might correspond with.

This is now fixed.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #279 on: April 26, 2020, 11:12:26 AM »
Second wind can no longer be used while unconscious wasn't sure if this was a update for it on purpose or just a minor bug, Did ask Dm Arawn and he said to send it to the bug reports just to be on the safe side.

This is now fixed.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #280 on: April 26, 2020, 04:14:38 PM »
Two foxes spawn on the walls of Vallaki in Barovia - Vallaki - Shores of Lake Zarovitch
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 03:38:30 PM by ObsidianOrb »

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #281 on: April 26, 2020, 05:41:18 PM »
Two foxes spawn on the walls of Vallaki in Barovia - Vallaki - Shores of Lake Zarovitch

I saw them up there recently as well. Thought it might be one-time glitch, but somehow the foxes that used to be on the ground must have started spawning or otherwise getting on the wall.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2020, 05:54:33 PM »

Thanks. I'll fix that.

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #283 on: April 27, 2020, 04:41:07 PM »
Area: Village of Barovia - Western gate

The west gate still doesn't lock at night correctly, I assume it's meant to work much like the Zeklos outpost gates. It remains unlocked at night for the most part, unless a player intervenes such as with the following:

If a player with Open Lock skill attempts to lock the gate from the outside, this initiates the guard conversation. They may then pass through the gate, with the guard opening it up, and the guard then locking it behind the player. However when dawn comes, the gate doesn't unlock by itself, and the guard no longer provides the conversation dialogue necessary to permit people to leave the city.

Thanks. I finally found the issue and will fix it in an upcoming update.

The guard gets sucked through the gate without fail when asking for entry and he closes the gate again. Also you can speak to him while invisible.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #284 on: April 28, 2020, 05:55:15 AM »
Barovia - Vallaki - Main Docks - The Den - Main Floor

Cut down the amount of placeables drastically, but still getting 'scene exceeds maximum complexity' errors + entire rooms worth of placeables vanishing over time. This leaves quite a few rooms bare and empty since it is hard to divide 15 pieces of furniture between them all. Tenebris managed to get rid of the errors by removing a couple of things, but then it started again.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #285 on: April 28, 2020, 07:13:10 AM »

Cut down the amount of placeables drastically, but still getting 'scene exceeds maximum complexity' errors + entire rooms worth of placeables vanishing over time. This leaves quite a few rooms bare and empty since it is hard to divide 15 pieces of furniture between them all. Tenebris managed to get rid of the errors by removing a couple of things, but then it started again.

This isn't a bug though, the system is designed with a limit. Removing descriptions on placeables can help you have more.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #286 on: April 28, 2020, 04:26:46 PM »
At request of Cosmic regarding the lag

I noticed a spike while me and Conner were doing Herbalisim, and it would stop again once we stopped for a few minutes, I am not sure if its inner connected, but perhaps its the length of the crafting time as Herbalisim takes a full 10 seconds to go through, with a lot of emoting and such from the character, plus the cauldron lights up, I wonder if it could be straining the system? Especially repeated use.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #287 on: April 28, 2020, 05:56:54 PM »

This isn't a bug though, the system is designed with a limit. Removing descriptions on placeables can help you have more.

There aren't any. These are static placeables put there by a DM. I'm going to count them and see, but we barely have any at all, and several rooms must be completely bare to allow what we do have. Which makes it hard to use those rooms for RP because they can't be dressed. Place is massive.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 05:59:20 PM by Homebrew Hokum »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

foxtale

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2020, 02:51:23 AM »
The extra keys to the governor's hotel room I am renting vanished from the inventory of the third party I gave them to when they entered the hotel after I renewed the rental period.

Sadly, unlike the new rentals in Vallaki, I can't simply acquire new keys from the governor's hotel before my rental has expired. Curiously the keys were restored to the other player's inventory when the server was reset, but upon entering the hotel once more, they vanished again.

A perhaps important note: Everything worked fine when I renewed the rental of the room for the first time, but that time the other player holding the keys was logged in and in the lobby with me, unlike this time.

The issue persists and repeats. We let the rental expire and rented it again with two extra keys, but after renewing the rental in the following week, the keys vanished once more. We had hoped that the extra keys in the other player's inventory would properly update their expiring time if I renewed the rental while they were logged in with their character, but no such luck.
Mareike - "The alternative is saving only myself. I will go to any length for this."
Enora - "The Weald belongs to they that can take it."
Felise - "!em ton era uoY"

Kinga

• 🎀𝐸𝓁𝒹𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒢𝑜𝒹𝒹𝑒𝓈𝓈🎀
  • The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • 𝐵𝑒 𝒢𝒶𝓎 𝒟𝑜 𝒞𝓇𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈
« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2020, 05:31:22 AM »
The extra keys to the governor's hotel room I am renting vanished from the inventory of the third party I gave them to when they entered the hotel after I renewed the rental period.

Sadly, unlike the new rentals in Vallaki, I can't simply acquire new keys from the governor's hotel before my rental has expired. Curiously the keys were restored to the other player's inventory when the server was reset, but upon entering the hotel once more, they vanished again.

A perhaps important note: Everything worked fine when I renewed the rental of the room for the first time, but that time the other player holding the keys was logged in and in the lobby with me, unlike this time.

The issue persists and repeats. We let the rental expire and rented it again with two extra keys, but after renewing the rental in the following week, the keys vanished once more. We had hoped that the extra keys in the other player's inventory would properly update their expiring time if I renewed the rental while they were logged in with their character, but no such luck.

I think this is the issue with all rooms in the Hotel. Happened to me as well, with suite nr 8

Agony

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2020, 11:07:16 AM »

I think this is the issue with all rooms in the Hotel. Happened to me as well, with suite nr 8

You have to have all the keys on the person who rented it at the time of renewal to renew them.

Little Bigsword

• New to the Mists
« Reply #291 on: April 30, 2020, 11:32:57 AM »
The rented rooms at the Barnacle don’t work properly. You pay for them just like any other inn room but even if you’re the correct size/race for the place they don’t function as safe spots nor do they allow you to transport to the OOC hall. Bit silly for the only inn specifically flavored for Halflings in Port.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #292 on: April 30, 2020, 04:43:37 PM »
The rented rooms at the Barnacle don’t work properly. You pay for them just like any other inn room but even if you’re the correct size/race for the place they don’t function as safe spots nor do they allow you to transport to the OOC hall. Bit silly for the only inn specifically flavored for Halflings in Port.

This is a bug that hasn't been reported before. I'll fix it in my next update.

Kamfrenchie

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2020, 08:48:27 AM »
I applied a fire varnish on a bar Ethel Sword shortly before a reset, and it has remained permanently on fire ever since.

Character: Vestylaeth'llar Oustyl

Login : Rahimus

Glowfire

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2020, 11:54:57 AM »
A few days ago, the priest in the Cathedral of Ste. Mere des Larmes were trying to say that neither my PC, Narcisse de Verley, or Anatole de la Rochenoire were followers of Ezra. He did a PC raise but then refused all healing with the following text in the screenshot.

Anatole de la Rochenoire has had that issue in the past at the Refuge of the Fifth Light in Vallaki as well. It seems the Ezrite priests don't recognize the deity being set as Ezra, at least on laity? (Neither of our PCs are clerics).

Spoiler: show

Edited to add: I have been told by a few people that to be healed by some of the NPC priests a PC needs to be set faction friendly and that the above isn't a bug but sort of an 'intended feature'. However, if that is the case - perhaps the conversation can be changed to reflect something about that rather than the NPC priests saying that the PC isn't a follower of Ezra (when they are). These details are difficult for newer players to know about and it makes it confusing. It certainly is minor but I'll leave this post here anyway.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 01:00:24 PM by Glowfire »
Liss Santraeger - "Life is a song. Don't be scared to sing along."
Eglantine Desrosiers - "A rose is still a rose, even if it has only one petal left."

Agony

• Dark Power
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2020, 03:38:11 PM »
A few days ago, the priest in the Cathedral of Ste. Mere des Larmes were trying to say that neither my PC, Narcisse de Verley, or Anatole de la Rochenoire were followers of Ezra. He did a PC raise but then refused all healing with the following text in the screenshot.

Anatole de la Rochenoire has had that issue in the past at the Refuge of the Fifth Light in Vallaki as well. It seems the Ezrite priests don't recognize the deity being set as Ezra, at least on laity? (Neither of our PCs are clerics).

Edited to add: I have been told by a few people that to be healed by some of the NPC priests a PC needs to be set faction friendly and that the above isn't a bug but sort of an 'intended feature'. However, if that is the case - perhaps the conversation can be changed to reflect something about that rather than the NPC priests saying that the PC isn't a follower of Ezra (when they are). These details are difficult for newer players to know about and it makes it confusing. It certainly is minor but I'll leave this post here anyway.

I would also love to see something done about this. Slightly annoying to be told my PC is not able to be healed for not being laity, when they very much are.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2020, 08:22:26 PM »

I would also love to see something done about this. Slightly annoying to be told my PC is not able to be healed for not being laity, when they very much are.

You have to be marked as faction friend to count as laity.

Agony

• Dark Power
« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2020, 08:48:00 AM »

You have to be marked as faction friend to count as laity.

Right, but there is no one in Port that can do that at the moment. Also, there is no way to know that IG.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2020, 11:16:30 AM »
I'll tweak the dialog a little bit to make it clearer but will keep the system as is. It promotes roleplay with members of the clergy and that store has some decent items; it would be too easy to abuse otherwise. The items in there aren't necessary to play either so no reason to give access to everyone.

Agony

• Dark Power
« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2020, 11:42:09 AM »
I'll tweak the dialog a little bit to make it clearer but will keep the system as is. It promotes roleplay with members of the clergy and that store has some decent items; it would be too easy to abuse otherwise. The items in there aren't necessary to play either so no reason to give access to everyone.

The problem is no one is port has faction access, even though we have 3 Pc wardens that I am aware of.