You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 65707 times)

Heresyteller

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
  • "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #250 on: April 08, 2020, 03:29:17 PM »

I have noticed an issue in the sitting animation for the halfling with this specific Robe (number 174)

Asous

« Reply #251 on: April 08, 2020, 09:03:14 PM »
This door seen below does not have a lock inside the Vallaki Citadel.

Spoiler: show

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #252 on: April 10, 2020, 12:20:53 AM »
Barovia - Vallaki - Main Docks - The Den - Main Floor

The secret door is not acting like it should any more. It can no longer be used, and is permanently visible. It can still be 'triggered' by a successful search check, but in that case, a second door appears in the same place, overlapping the permanent one. It's not usable, either.

We also have a floating knife in the library! Near the red arm-chair.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2020, 01:06:46 PM »

The secret door is not acting like it should any more. It can no longer be used, and is permanently visible. It can still be 'triggered' by a successful search check, but in that case, a second door appears in the same place, overlapping the permanent one. It's not usable, either.

I'll fix both in an upcoming update. However, you'll need to ask a DM to remove the door placeable and update the rental placeables.

I'll add a lock.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2020, 04:57:33 PM »
Two minor issues I found

1) Barovia - Wachter Province - Wachter Estate - Old Anchor Inn - Cellar: There are two NPC's called "Shady Looking Man", however one of the men has a female soundset, male model, and male portrait.

2) Barovia - Wachter Province - Wachter Estate - Old Anchor Inn: Iossif Costirceanu, when asing to see the menu, he says "Sorry there is no store available)

(Also...10gp to saty in this hole in the wall? Seems a lot  :think:)

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2020, 05:53:38 PM »

Both are fixed.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2020, 06:02:00 PM »
Two minor issues I found

1) Barovia - Wachter Province - Wachter Estate - Old Anchor Inn - Cellar: There are two NPC's called "Shady Looking Man", however one of the men has a female soundset, male model, and male portrait.

2) Barovia - Wachter Province - Wachter Estate - Old Anchor Inn: Iossif Costirceanu, when asing to see the menu, he says "Sorry there is no store available)

Will fix both issues.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2020, 06:02:44 PM »
- Enabled setting name and description of crafted placeables.

This doesn't seem to be the case despite the update.

This is now fixed.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2020, 02:00:27 PM »
I was shown a scroll recently of Cacophonic Burst, but I can't find any caster spellbook types that can actually cast the spell normally. Its class restrictions on the scroll state only useable by Bard/Sorcerer/Wizard, but it doesn't appear to be on any Bard, Sorcerer or Wizard spellbooks either.

https://nwnravenloft.fandom.com/wiki/Cacophonic_Burst

The description in the PotM wikia is as per the scroll I saw I think, no spell level or class was indicated in the description, it was just blank.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2020, 02:03:33 PM »
I was shown a scroll recently of Cacophonic Burst, but I can't find any caster spellbook types that can actually cast the spell normally. Its class restrictions on the scroll state only useable by Bard/Sorcerer/Wizard, but it doesn't appear to be on any Bard, Sorcerer or Wizard spellbooks either.

https://nwnravenloft.fandom.com/wiki/Cacophonic_Burst

The description in the PotM wikia is as per the scroll I saw I think, no spell level or class was indicated in the description, it was just blank.

Yeah, that's intentional. It's a spell only available as a scroll.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2020, 10:06:11 PM »
That's pretty cool, then, super secret spells.

DM Indolence

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2020, 01:41:12 PM »
The chapter house door and the crypt door in Ste. Mere des Larmes can be locked from the outside but not the inside.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2020, 01:51:20 PM »
The door to the Workers' Lodge in the Quartier Ouvrier used to be bashable with high strength. It wasn't yesterday, but I don't know whether that's an intentional change or a bug.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

foxtale

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2020, 03:52:56 PM »
The extra keys to the governor's hotel room I am renting vanished from the inventory of the third party I gave them to when they entered the hotel after I renewed the rental period.

Sadly, unlike the new rentals in Vallaki, I can't simply acquire new keys from the governor's hotel before my rental has expired. Curiously the keys were restored to the other player's inventory when the server was reset, but upon entering the hotel once more, they vanished again.

A perhaps important note: Everything worked fine when I renewed the rental of the room for the first time, but that time the other player holding the keys was logged in and in the lobby with me, unlike this time.
Mareike - "The alternative is saving only myself. I will go to any length for this."
Enora - "The Weald belongs to they that can take it."
Felise - "!em ton era uoY"

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2020, 06:13:16 PM »
Two minor issues I found

Both should now be fixed.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2020, 04:48:38 AM »
Barovia - Balinok Mountains - Deep Under the Mountain - Dungeon (et al).

Prior to the recent update, this wasn't a problem.

Doorways are causing opponents to become stuck and unreachable. It's as though the hit-box for the door is now giant. I noticed there often seemed to be a physical 'blockade' in an open door, even when there was plenty of visible room to move in. Not sure how else to explain it. Opponents seem to struggle to route around getting blocked, and things right in front of me are not in line of sight. I had to open and shut the door to try and shove things into range because there was no other way to initiate combat. Path issues have always been present, but this is next-level. I have been through this dungeon before, countless times, and haven't experienced anything this bad.
Wasn't having any lag at the time.

Brought some victims to check this one out. They had the same issues - it was as though an invisible person was standing right in the center of the door-ways. Whether trying to path via WASD or clicking, no good. Swarms of spawns getting stuck. All three of us were losing our minds as we tried to find an angle to achieve LOS with our opponents.

Another thing we noticed was that the areas with ground tremors seem to increase latency. I noticed this last time, but thought it was just my connection. 5-10 second hangs at worst. The moment we were out? No lag at all.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Shae

• New to the Mists
« Reply #266 on: April 19, 2020, 08:17:47 PM »
Second wind can no longer be used while unconscious wasn't sure if this was a update for it on purpose or just a minor bug, Did ask Dm Arawn and he said to send it to the bug reports just to be on the safe side.

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2020, 07:25:14 AM »
There's a door in the University of Dementlieu Faculty of Arcane Sciences building (ground floor, south-west corner of the map) that seems to lead nowhere. Assuming this isn't just a decorative door, is that a broken transition? Might be an entrance to the adjoining laboratory building, which has a (locked) external door, because I didn't see an exterior door it might correspond with.

Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2020, 10:19:05 AM »
Second wind can no longer be used while unconscious wasn't sure if this was a update for it on purpose or just a minor bug, Did ask Dm Arawn and he said to send it to the bug reports just to be on the safe side.

Thanks, I'll fix this.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2020, 10:31:16 AM »
There's a door in the University of Dementlieu Faculty of Arcane Sciences building (ground floor, south-west corner of the map) that seems to lead nowhere. Assuming this isn't just a decorative door, is that a broken transition? Might be an entrance to the adjoining laboratory building, which has a (locked) external door, because I didn't see an exterior door it might correspond with.

I'll lock it; I think it was meant to lead to a lab of sorts but was never implemented.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2020, 07:51:19 PM »
There is still a bug with True Seeing and Darkness so that if darkness is cast on a PC warded with True Seeing and then True Seeing wears off, all PCs and NPCs are invisible. A while ago I was told this was a long-time bug. Don't know if anything has changed so that it could now be fixed.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2020, 09:10:43 PM »
Using a shackle scroll incurred arcane spell failure. I thought it shouldn't because it's not arcane only?

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #272 on: April 22, 2020, 01:21:54 PM »
Area: Village of Barovia - Western gate

The west gate still doesn't lock at night correctly, I assume it's meant to work much like the Zeklos outpost gates. It remains unlocked at night for the most part, unless a player intervenes such as with the following:

If a player with Open Lock skill attempts to lock the gate from the outside, this initiates the guard conversation. They may then pass through the gate, with the guard opening it up, and the guard then locking it behind the player. However when dawn comes, the gate doesn't unlock by itself, and the guard no longer provides the conversation dialogue necessary to permit people to leave the city.

EarlofEtheria

• Undead Master
« Reply #273 on: April 23, 2020, 09:27:51 AM »
As I went to put some gold I took back down from an incapacitated player, I aimed on the blood where the backpack used to be. The gold was eaten by the bloodstain and the message popped up:

[Puts some gold into the bloodstain]

This resulted in the loss of the gold as bloodstains cannot be interacted with, and the characters present had no way to attempt to 'break' the blood.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2020, 02:45:28 PM »
Area: Village of Barovia - Western gate

The west gate still doesn't lock at night correctly, I assume it's meant to work much like the Zeklos outpost gates. It remains unlocked at night for the most part, unless a player intervenes such as with the following:

If a player with Open Lock skill attempts to lock the gate from the outside, this initiates the guard conversation. They may then pass through the gate, with the guard opening it up, and the guard then locking it behind the player. However when dawn comes, the gate doesn't unlock by itself, and the guard no longer provides the conversation dialogue necessary to permit people to leave the city.

Thanks. I finally found the issue and will fix it in an upcoming update.