Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 65756 times)

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2020, 03:03:35 AM »
I've noticed that what I assume is the "Yell" channel sometimes causes duplicate messages. Here's from my chat log when it happened tonight. My PC was in the big room in the Kinship Lodge; the other PC was in the small room to the left of the kitchen as you face the kitchen with the door shut between us.

[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sat Feb 29 22:56:15] You hear a raised voice from the east: [You can hear muffled grumbles coming from inside the room as she struggles to get out of her armour]
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sat Feb 29 22:56:15] Other PC: [You can hear muffled grumbles coming from inside the room as she struggles to get out of her armour]
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sat Feb 29 22:56:15] Door: You hear a raised voice from The Wayfarer Kinship: [You can hear muffled grumbles coming from inside the room as she struggles to get out of her armour]
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sat Feb 29 22:56:15] Door: You hear a raised voice from The Wayfarer Kinship: [You can hear muffled grumbles coming from inside the room as she struggles to get out of her armour]

Thanks, I'll look into this.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Yesper

« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2020, 05:28:44 AM »
Occasionally there is a Ghostly Armor that spawns stuck behind some rubble in the last locked room in Raduta Keep (bottom floor of ramparts). Until today, I've treated that room like a no-go zone because I don't trust it when it happens. Today I went in after killing the other two spawned mobs to test it out and got rekt from halfway across said room. My character was almost dead center of the room when our trapped friend decided to swing. The rubble in question is clear across from both entrances to the room (one from the Ramparts, one from the tower).

I'm not sure how I can recreate this (nor am I inclined to. One time taking level loss is more than enough testing for me, thank you).

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #227 on: March 08, 2020, 05:53:09 PM »
Occasionally there is a Ghostly Armor that spawns stuck behind some rubble in the last locked room in Raduta Keep (bottom floor of ramparts). Until today, I've treated that room like a no-go zone because I don't trust it when it happens. Today I went in after killing the other two spawned mobs to test it out and got rekt from halfway across said room. My character was almost dead center of the room when our trapped friend decided to swing. The rubble in question is clear across from both entrances to the room (one from the Ramparts, one from the tower).

I'm not sure how I can recreate this (nor am I inclined to. One time taking level loss is more than enough testing for me, thank you).

Can you confirm the name of the area and the location of the room (with a screenshot/minimap ideally)? It's easy to fix but that report is too vague.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #228 on: March 09, 2020, 07:56:05 PM »
The purple firework does not do anything.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2020, 08:31:47 PM »
The purple firework does not do anything.

I'll fix this in my next update.

The Doorman

• Undead Slayer
  • Knock knock
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2020, 10:46:29 PM »
I was instructed by DM Tenebris to report this as a bug: the scimitar, Vigil, cannot be modified via the crafting menu.

When the weapon is equipped, going to the craft weapon screen shows a line of "Not possible - you do not have any shield or weapon to modify" even if the weapon is in hand.

DM Indolence

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »
Claude Lambert (the Anchorite in the Edrigan Notre de le Repentance) is very bad at his job. If you attempt to have him raise a corpse, you get the message <<Claude Lambert is busy and cannot help you right now.>>

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2020, 07:56:11 PM »
Claude Lambert (the Anchorite in the Edrigan Notre de le Repentance) is very bad at his job. If you attempt to have him raise a corpse, you get the message <<Claude Lambert is busy and cannot help you right now.>>

I'll fix this.

DM Indolence

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2020, 09:28:17 PM »
Caliban Gang Leaders, Caliban Brutes, and the named Caliban bounty in Port-a-Lucine all render without clothes or armor. This causes a minor scandal when my noble is hunting them through the sewer for sport/heads.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2020, 10:27:27 PM »
Caliban Gang Leaders, Caliban Brutes, and the named Caliban bounty in Port-a-Lucine all render without clothes or armor. This causes a minor scandal when my noble is hunting them through the sewer for sport/heads.

I'll fix this (and Gol in the Drain).

Mortimer

• New to the Mists
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2020, 09:23:55 AM »
Animal empathy bug after crashing causing tame to become immune to animal empathy or as the message reads, "Immune to Dominate" even after successful checks.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #236 on: March 29, 2020, 11:31:47 PM »
Following today's update, a few items in my inventory grid are invisible. Not sure if it's the item itself, or the model being used, but it's affecting my quarterstaff, armor, weapons, hood, herbalist's mortar and pestle, and a few others that I haven't managed to find yet. Weapons and armor appear as usual on the character model. I haven't made any changes on my end.

EDIT: It seems like it may be certain parts are missing their inventory icon. One of my bows has the 'handle' (bottom) visible still, and my armor has everything but the torso visible. Some spell icons are gone, too. Anything non-vanilla.

Double Edit: It's only on the one character. The same items and spell icons are visible on an alt.

That seems to have resolved itself for no apparent reason, even after multiple game restarts.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:37:01 AM by Homebrew Hokum »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #237 on: March 30, 2020, 05:54:38 AM »
War fans cannot have their appearance modified - the crafting menu says that no weapon is equipped to modify.

seething

• New to the Mists
« Reply #238 on: March 31, 2020, 04:43:05 PM »

Hi there

I have the quest for letters to fishing lodge. The barkeep is invisible even after multiple relogs. I see his name only but cannot deliver the package. The female weapon-shop lady in the city is also invisible, even after some days.

okay this keeps happening - is there any way to talk to an invisible person, I can see there name if i press TAB

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 11:28:52 PM by seething »

Razzen

• Outlander
« Reply #239 on: April 01, 2020, 02:41:13 PM »
I'm not certain what the extent of this bug is, but I noticed while fighting a certain fiend boss in Perfidus that the Black Blade of Disaster (summon), if already attacking an enemy before a time stop, will then continue to attack that enemy during the time stop.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:45:53 PM by Razzen »

BwpsychoName

• Dark Power
« Reply #240 on: April 01, 2020, 05:16:07 PM »
This small island west of the lighthouse in Dementlieu - Baie de Sable - Beach isn't solid on one side.

Spoiler: show

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2020, 05:33:57 PM »
I can't test this again due to lack of resources, so I could be mistaken and messed up my herbalism crafting; apologies if this is the case.

The combination of 5x Black hawthorn flowers, bark and thorns placed in that order produced 5 potions of Regenerate Serious Wounds instead of Regenerate Critical Wounds, at DC 42 and declared it a new recipe in a bulk craft recently.

Berries instead of thorns generated the correct critical potion, and singular were doing moderate as per normal.

I'll try it again next Autumn IG and confirm if this specific combination is doing this, as without the resources I can't attempt to replicate it to confirm it wasn't just my mistake or something.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2020, 09:24:09 PM »
Not sure if intentional, but the Pumpkin Sign and Savage Sign that can be made with the Woodworker's Kit aren't writable.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2020, 06:52:51 AM »
Barovia - Balinok Mountains - Deep Under the Mountain - Dungeon (et al).

Prior to the recent update, this wasn't a problem.

Doorways are causing opponents to become stuck and unreachable. It's as though the hit-box for the door is now giant. I noticed there often seemed to be a physical 'blockade' in an open door, even when there was plenty of visible room to move in. Not sure how else to explain it. Opponents seem to struggle to route around getting blocked, and things right in front of me are not in line of sight. I had to open and shut the door to try and shove things into range because there was no other way to initiate combat. Path issues have always been present, but this is next-level. I have been through this dungeon before, countless times, and haven't experienced anything this bad.
Wasn't having any lag at the time.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:55:51 AM by Homebrew Hokum »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2020, 01:40:20 PM »
Not sure if intentional, but the Pumpkin Sign and Savage Sign that can be made with the Woodworker's Kit aren't writable.

I'll change it so all carpentry placeables can be renamed/description changed using the quill.

Haered Gwend

• New to the Mists
« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2020, 12:47:05 PM »
A chitin helm weighs 0.8 lbs.

The template for a helm weighs 2 pounds.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2020, 02:59:22 PM »
- Enabled setting name and description of crafted placeables.

This doesn't seem to be the case despite the update.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2020, 07:59:24 PM »

Have you used a Quill?

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2020, 08:43:24 PM »

Have you used a Quill?

I did. Apart from the three default signs from before the carpentry update, I was unable to edit the name or description of any of the placeables.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #249 on: April 08, 2020, 11:11:29 AM »

Found the cause; will be fixed next update.