Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 65690 times)

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2019, 06:24:20 AM »
Rested in the Herbalist Hut near the Sullen Woods. I had several wards on, but I'm guessing it was True Seeing that caused this. When the wards expired as I rested, the Herbalist disappeared and became invisible.

Later, another PC entered the hut and was also invisible, despite not having invisibility on.

This is a well-known engine bug that dates back to the original release of NWN.
Solved via re-casting either UV or TS, or re-logging.

See here.
Or here.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2019, 08:38:03 AM »
Yes, this was the cause (shadow fiends in the Sullen Woods casting Darkness).

Thanks.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2019, 05:02:48 PM »
I've checked creating a character have a race and customized subrace of: human, elf, half-elf and "Half-Drow", and it seems the Half-drow option is no longer accessible as a subrace in character creation, for -all- background settings. Could be I need some prerequisites if there are, but asking help from a DM and veteran player leads me to think I didn't miss anything.
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2019, 05:14:16 PM »
I've checked creating a character have a race and customized subrace of: human, elf, half-elf and "Half-Drow", and it seems the Half-drow option is no longer accessible as a subrace in character creation, for -all- background settings. Could be I need some prerequisites if there are, but asking help from a DM and veteran player leads me to think I didn't miss anything.

Half-Drow are still very much there for Faerun.

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2019, 07:45:01 PM »

Half-Drow are still very much there for Faerun.

Right, didn't realize there was a second option for Faerun. But I was interested in making a half-drow of Greyhawk and seemed like the option is not available, even though they are mentioned in the setting's RP ressource here and there. I would've thought Half-drow could've been available in Eberron, Faerun and Greyhawk though after reading more thoroughly I suppose it doesn't make sense in Eberron. Still would mean it is lacking in Greyhawk's dialog option, unless there's an RP explanation I haven't read yet.
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2019, 09:20:57 PM »
Right, didn't realize there was a second option for Faerun. But I was interested in making a half-drow of Greyhawk and seemed like the option is not available, even though they are mentioned in the setting's RP ressource here and there. I would've thought Half-drow could've been available in Eberron, Faerun and Greyhawk though after reading more thoroughly I suppose it doesn't make sense in Eberron. Still would mean it is lacking in Greyhawk's dialog option, unless there's an RP explanation I haven't read yet.

If you can point me to canon references to half-drow in Greyhawk, I'll gladly add support. There are a handful of references to half-drow in Eberron in Stormreach but not much.

edit: I'll add support for Eberron half-drow. Until a canon source confirms the existence of half-drow on Oerth I won't add support.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 09:20:08 AM by EO »

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2019, 07:30:32 PM »
Not sure if it's intentional or not, But the  scroll for Negative energy protection (Ezra's shielding against the mist of death)  in the Raduta keep chapel is the only scroll out of the bunch which is not usable by paladins even though it's a paladin spell. 

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2019, 08:19:27 PM »
The spell in nwn default is a cleric only spell, is druid missing as well as paladin on this scroll item?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2019, 10:43:24 AM »
Not sure if it's intentional or not, But the  scroll for Negative energy protection (Ezra's shielding against the mist of death)  in the Raduta keep chapel is the only scroll out of the bunch which is not usable by paladins even though it's a paladin spell.

I'll fix it.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2019, 01:49:58 PM »
Picked up a servants candle the other day.  It's the one with the cold resist 10 / -

I was reading the description of the item and it said if you activate it the candle will float behind you.  I'm not sure if this item is supposed to have an activation or not, but currently it doesn't.

I'll edit this post with a picture of the description when I get home from work.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 05:13:02 PM by ZSRunner »

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2019, 08:59:41 AM »
Casting in front of Bervis the Gnome raises OCR. Since he is not a native Barovian, this was unexpected.

(I also think I've done it in the past without incident, but not positive.)

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2019, 10:11:42 AM »
Casting in front of Bervis the Gnome raises OCR. Since he is not a native Barovian, this was unexpected.

Nah, fairly sure I've been Bervis'd into the OCR +2 club before.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2019, 11:19:19 AM »

I'll fix this.

Song of Danta

« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2019, 01:37:00 AM »
Gendarmerie Barracks - Officer Chest upstairs won't open correctly. The window of contents flashes on screen, but closes immediately.

Juxtaposition

• Outlander
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2019, 09:08:34 PM »
Using weapons on characters with creature weapons seems to bug the character sheet.

I don't remember this being a problem on other characters before, so I am curious whether or not this is isolated to my PC or if it's a new bug. While it's not a necessary fix as damage is calculating correctly, it's still a slight bother :|

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2019, 12:27:01 AM »
Just don't worry about it. If you're using a main weapon it wont use your creature weapons.

When you have creature weapons it needs to list them somewhere as creature weapons are unique, you can have multiple assigned and it will randomly use one of any that are equipped with a preference for the 1st slot.

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2019, 02:31:23 PM »
I'm fairly certain in the past when you used @read 12  it would give you two entries to your quest journal,  now it only gives one.

It's alphabetical so commands which start with  M-Z are not  shown. 

This would not matter much if  @help was displayed, but it seems the journal help entries have not been updated since @help was added. 

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2019, 04:27:19 AM »
Barovia - Road to Zeidenburg - Along the Luna River - Cave

This cave has a transition which acts like a door from the outside, unlike many other cave entrances.

If you log out inside and the area resets, when you log back in, said "door" will be locked, and you have to pick or bash your way out.
Some characters could even be stuck behind it until they received DM help because of its bash DC.

Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2019, 02:19:24 AM »
Towards VoB at the crossroads. The two chairs that are next to the benches and the bell, are facing in the wrong direction. They used to face the road before.(Pre EE)
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2019, 10:56:24 PM »
Towards VoB at the crossroads. The two chairs that are next to the benches and the bell, are facing in the wrong direction. They used to face the road before.(Pre EE)

Will fix this.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2019, 10:56:47 PM »

This cave has a transition which acts like a door from the outside, unlike many other cave entrances.

If you log out inside and the area resets, when you log back in, said "door" will be locked, and you have to pick or bash your way out.
Some characters could even be stuck behind it until they received DM help because of its bash DC.

Will fix this.

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2019, 11:38:41 PM »
Very minor, but I believe the books in the OOC lounge with setting information have lost their prior descriptions.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2019, 09:12:01 PM »
Bug with Raise dead:

Used a corpse on Sister Klara, however because she wanders she'd moved out of LOS before she tried to cast. and then got stuck on a wall unable to do anything as she ran to the target to cast. so i picked the corpse up to move it, whereupon she started to cast and i was billed for the spell even though it failed.

When i moved and used the corpse again, i was again billed for the spell which did cast, only the subject ghost was not teleported over to the corpse. Fortunatly player was able to revive himself when they moved themself to their corpse.

This should now be fixed.

It seems the script for the stones lowering the gates of the bridge (Morninglordian's crypt, near Vallaki) isn't working again. A check might be in order.

The Athasian Elf's racial Longstride ability seems to be broken, there's no change to movement speed after it's used.

Devils Plaything

• New to the Mists
« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2019, 07:01:25 AM »
Taking druid levels after a non-druid base class does not give you the druid language. I have no idea if this is intentional or not!

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2019, 07:44:55 AM »
Taking druid levels after a non-druid base class does not give you the druid language. I have no idea if this is intentional or not!

Yeah, you have to manually add it.