You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 65709 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2019, 07:19:44 AM »
Rangers cannot pick two-weapon defense without wasting a feat on two-weapon fighting to qualify.

Pretty sure that's not the case. You have 15 Dexterity, right?

Mereyn

• Undead Slayer
  • Resident Observer of the Freakshow
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2019, 09:38:36 AM »
16 in fact, could not choose the two-weapon defense feat.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2019, 10:00:31 AM »
16 in fact, could not choose the two-weapon defense feat.

Mmm, I can't seem to recreate this. Can you doublecheck to make sure you do have Dual-Wielding? You may have lost it at some point with the hak update. Otherwise it may have to do with the level at which you take it (bonus feat vs regular feat).

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2019, 09:29:16 AM »
Very minor, but the cold damage in the town of Krofburg proper seems excessive. Was there on Sus during February.

Being an Aasimar, she has innate cold resistance, and she was wearing a Forest Walker cloak as well (which probably doesn't stack). Even so, she was taking steady damage, such as 7 hp, meaning the unmodified total would have been at least 12.

Reasons this seems excessive:

1) New PCs are encouraged to do fetch quests to Krofburg as a "safe" way to level. But it would be very easy to die from the damage alone as was previously the case with rocks in Dvergeheim.

2) NPCs were loitering outside, unlike Vallaki, where they tend to get pretty thinned out during the winter months.

3) If the cold is sufficient to cause physical harm to a cold-resistant race, it seems that normal humans in normal clothes would die. Or at least be so uncomfortable as to seek shelter.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2019, 10:46:03 AM »
Just to check, but was this during the day or at night?
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2019, 11:14:00 AM »
I think it was just around sun up. What caught my attention (aside from my HPs going down steadily!) was the prospector sitting on the ground for no apparent reason, even while my cold-resistance was being pierced. The DC was quite high, too. I want to say it was in the 30s?

Anyway, not something I'm going to spend a lot of energy debating. I was just struck by humans choosing to live (and be outdoors) in a place that would soon kill even someone of a cold-resistant race.

I think we get used to the idea of most things on the server being deadly because our PCs are built to overcome them. But +5 cold DR should represent an ability to at least withstand a climate where normal people choose to live and work.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2019, 11:40:46 PM »
Did you want your race to have this feat for free as well? https://nwnravenloft.fandom.com/wiki/Cold_Endurance

I was in the Krofburg area recently and it was in a range of -12 to -32 I think depending on where I was, which is apt for winter in the mountains. Staying near campfires helps (I think?) but standing around in the cold and not having the fortitude to withstand it is going to harm the body.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2019, 02:28:59 AM »
Did you want your race to have this feat for free as well? https://nwnravenloft.fandom.com/wiki/Cold_Endurance

Ummm...I wasn't asking for any feat. I wasn't suggesting anything needed to be changed about Aasimars at all. This is what I said:

"the cold damage in the town of Krofburg proper seems excessive"

I was in the Krofburg area recently and it was in a range of -12 to -32 I think depending on where I was, which is apt for winter in the mountains.

I'm not talking about temperature either; I'm talking about how much damage should accrue from those temperatures. How soon do you think you would die if you were outside in -20 degrees and bundled up? I've walked in in -17 F (-27 C) before. It was extremely uncomfortable, but I didn't die or even get frostbite.

I'm saying normal villagers would not lounge around outside in temperatures cold enough to kill, say, a polar bear. Recall that we have HP inflation on POTM because of receiving max HP per level, so the value of 5 DR is already lessened. But it's normally the equivalent damage sufficient to one-shot a zero level i(average person).

Damage more in the unmodified 12 hp range as was the case here would kill an ox. One can argue the temperatures should be that cold, and that such cold would quickly kill people. But given those two premises it becomes pretty difficult to argue people would be outside in it.

That's the argument from immersion. The argument from play-ability is it's similar to the former conditions in Dvergeheim in which new players/PCs can die on a "beginner" quest while looking for where to turn a delivery in.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 02:33:36 AM by Iridni Ren »

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2019, 03:46:49 PM »
As well, changing heights out of the default setting increases your OCR, regardless of your race's range.

All of my characters spiked by 2, despite being below 5'11 tall humans. One of my characters is shorter by a single inch, and still saw an OCR increase.

Found the issue. We'll resolve it in an upcoming update.

Actually I would say so. It is probably the reason why allmost all the dwarves got their OCR over the treshold.
Seen nearly all of them be chased by Radu or the guardas.

I think this might occur even without changing your PC's height?

Because I thought one of my PC's had a spike, so I looked at the other before changing her height, and she didn't increase after the change. But her OCR already seemed elevated to what it was previously.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 12:43:19 AM by Ercvadasz »
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Phantomswake

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2019, 12:41:46 AM »
Name: Tool tip for tumble [not include dex bonus] [not include item bonus]

Where: After obtaining 5 ranks in tumble from items AC didn't increase.I noticed this.

When: The tooltip is there allways you can see it by looking at the tumble skill in your character sheet.

What: The tool tip is just confusing and misleading.

Recreate: Very easy to recreate just get items that add up to 5 tumble and you will see you AC will not go up any.

Ideas:  Could be put more simply.  IE: maximum bonus from tumble ranks +4 [-item bonus, -dex bonus]

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2019, 12:44:26 AM »
Name: Tool tip for tumble [not include dex bonus] [not include item bonus]

Where: After obtaining 5 ranks in tumble from items AC didn't increase.I noticed this.

When: The tooltip is there allways you can see it by looking at the tumble skill in your character sheet.

What: The tool tip is just confusing and misleading.

Recreate: Very easy to recreate just get items that add up to 5 tumble and you will see you AC will not go up any.

Ideas:  Could be put more simply.  IE: maximum bonus from tumble ranks +4 [-item bonus, -dex bonus]

Tumble bonus for AC bonus never took item ranks into consideration. For every 5 skill points you invest in the skill you get 1 AC.
So yes here +4 is max or +2 (if you have 1 point per 2 levels).
Not sure about the skill focuses though!
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Phantomswake

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2019, 03:28:58 AM »
A DM said that +4 AC was maximum you get from tumble, and that was from raw rank.  So with that I assume that skill focus may help you get that raw rank but it won't let you break that hard cap.

TheFury

• Undead Slayer
  • "As you can see, Drew is the server bully."-Deceit
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2019, 03:57:30 AM »
Tumble AC only comes from ranks in the skill as seen on the level up skill increase screen, not from feats, items, or anything else. Tumble AC caps at level 17 for both class skill and non-class skill characters with maximum investment.
Get yourself a weapon that spits unending fire.
Discord Info: Kaithas#7352
Inactive. PM me for Trentor Atiens.
Happy Ending Offenders: Famorra Arendayel, Kymil Lornenil.

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2019, 12:53:57 PM »
It seems the script for the stones lowering the gates of the bridge (Morninglordian's crypt, near Vallaki) isn't working again. A check might be in order.
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2019, 07:49:09 AM »
As well, changing heights out of the default setting increases your OCR, regardless of your race's range.

All of my characters spiked by 2, despite being below 5'11 tall humans. One of my characters is shorter by a single inch, and still saw an OCR increase.

Found the issue. We'll resolve it in an upcoming update.

Actually I would say so. It is probably the reason why allmost all the dwarves got their OCR over the treshold.
Seen nearly all of them be chased by Radu or the guardas.

I think this might occur even without changing your PC's height?

Because I thought one of my PC's had a spike, so I looked at the other before changing her height, and she didn't increase after the change. But her OCR already seemed elevated to what it was previously.

Sooner we could fix this the better, pretty rough IC and OOC having so many characters unable to go into or near Vallaki/Barovia for no IC reason. Thanks!

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2019, 10:36:20 AM »
If you have the Broken Bell (female at least) uniform equipped, and you enter the change item appearance menu, you have two options to craft weapon. One will say no item is equipped, but the other appears as though it can be selected. There is no armor or robe choice.

If you choose to modify weapon, it will tell you that your inventory is full.

The uniform's description does not mark it as one that can't be modified, but if that's the case, there is little feedback to the user to indicate what the problem is, only a buggy menu.

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2019, 03:47:49 PM »
Bug with Raise dead:

Used a corpse on Sister Klara, however because she wanders she'd moved out of LOS before she tried to cast. and then got stuck on a wall unable to do anything as she ran to the target to cast. so i picked the corpse up to move it, whereupon she started to cast and i was billed for the spell even though it failed.

When i moved and used the corpse again, i was again billed for the spell which did cast, only the subject ghost was not teleported over to the corpse. Fortunatly player was able to revive himself when they moved themself to their corpse.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2019, 06:32:27 AM »
Bug with Raise dead:

Used a corpse on Sister Klara, however because she wanders she'd moved out of LOS before she tried to cast. and then got stuck on a wall unable to do anything as she ran to the target to cast. so i picked the corpse up to move it, whereupon she started to cast and i was billed for the spell even though it failed.

When i moved and used the corpse again, i was again billed for the spell which did cast, only the subject ghost was not teleported over to the corpse. Fortunatly player was able to revive himself when they moved themself to their corpse.

I'll fix this.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2019, 08:19:09 AM »
It seems the script for the stones lowering the gates of the bridge (Morninglordian's crypt, near Vallaki) isn't working again. A check might be in order.

Which area specifically? Nevermind, found the issue and will fix.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 08:49:24 AM by EO »

Hound

• New to the Mists
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2019, 07:23:07 PM »

Which area specifically? Nevermind, found the issue and will fix.

Was just down in the lower crypts of the morning lord temple in the western outskirts, where the gated bridge is and the pressure plates are still not lowering the gate when stood upon. Tested at approximately 1700hrs MST after the most recent update.

Shae

• New to the Mists
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2019, 05:36:17 PM »
So I decided to make a cleric and noticed that when you select domains it gives the error. Script. conv_dom_apply, OID: ffffffe7, tag: , ERROR: TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS Then after that it makes it so my race and subrace isn't detected so wasn't sure if this significant enough to post as major issues or not as i seem to be the only one having this problem . but figured I would bring this up.

Monktrus

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
  • Freak of the Week
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2019, 06:12:26 PM »
The Athasian Elf's racial Longstride ability seems to be broken, there's no change to movement speed after it's used.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2019, 09:57:04 AM »
The Athasian Elf's racial Longstride ability seems to be broken, there's no change to movement speed after it's used.

Thanks, I found the issue (a typo) and will correct it in my next update.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2019, 12:38:44 AM »
Rested in the Herbalist Hut near the Sullen Woods. I had several wards on, but I'm guessing it was True Seeing that caused this. When the wards expired as I rested, the Herbalist disappeared and became invisible.

Later, another PC entered the hut and was also invisible, despite not having invisibility on.

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2019, 01:13:55 AM »
Had you had darkness cast on you previously that login?