Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 65716 times)

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2019, 08:42:56 AM »
I also agree with the above. These spells should at least be as strong as a good night's rest.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Juxtaposition

• Outlander
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2019, 03:51:46 AM »
Asking Biskop Taico in Nordenvall Fane to restore you from draining has a cost of 200gp but ends up being a cast of Heal, instead. Reproduction rate thus far is 100%.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2019, 09:58:32 AM »
I am posting about the bugged Zeklos and Krezk gates and doors again since the bug has been persisting for the past couple months and it makes these areas far less appealing.

The doors

Expected behaviour: You can freely enter businesses in these towns at night because there are often designated night shift workers who go on duty when the doors lock.
Bug in question: The doors are locked, but pickable. You can freely enter, talk to the specifically designated night shift worker, and continue your crafts while it is night time.
Steps to reproduce: Wait for nightfall. Pick the lock to any business in Zeklos or Krezk (DC 28 or so, you are never in line-of-sight of a guard). Freely do business.

The gates

Expected behaviour: The gate is locked at night, but with a brief conversation, the guard lets you in or out.
Bug in question: At around 4 AM in-game time, or maybe 5 AM, the guard won't let you out of Zeklos or Krezk, even if he would let you in or out at any other time of night. In some areas he consistently disappears for no reason, and the gates swing open without anyone being there.
Steps to reproduce: Walk in and out of the gates of Zeklos or Krezk freely, at any point of the night, until about 4 or 5 AM. The guard will no longer let you leave. This next part is specifically in Zeklos, where if you watch for a little longer, the guard will just walk away, disappear without actually walking up to the entrance of any building, and then shortly after, the gate swings open with nobody nearby, which happens shortly after 6 AM I believe.

Notes: Footage to come soonish. I just need to actually get out to Zeklos at this exact time. But it has a 100% reproduction rate, it never not happens.

OOC problems leading to area abandonment: Like the RP XP cap in Western Barovia, these bugged behaviours shove players away and incentivize them going to more convenient places like Dementlieu for OOC reasons rather than IC reasons. In Dementlieu, it's already about a 2 minute walk to get to the dye vendor from the entrance of the city. Two transitions. Zeklos and Krezk have major low-level crafting hubs and dye vendors. To get to Krezk from Zeklos, you risk running into some of the most powerful outdoor mobs in the game which can be found patrolling when not in "sleep mode" idling, but still their spawns are very close to the road. You also have to spend around 5 minutes at a full running pace just to get to Zeklos from the Vallaki outskirts. This makes the region so unattractive when paired with the bug.

To those in disbelief: I understand that it's Barovia, but why would tavern doors be unlocked at night, but other businesses lock, despite some of them having specifically designated night shift workers that appear in there as the sun sets ingame, but you can't access them without breaking and entering? The only way to do business in these places is to bash or pick your way in, or just log in on the interior while it's night time. Something is wrong.

Likewise, in the Village of Barovia, Isabela's Dwelling, she disappears after dark..even if you are inside with her. So making it to her abode before 6 p.m. doesn't mean you can spend the night brewing.

Where does she go? It's supposed to be her home. To be sure, one can--for an extreme sense of realism--say she's asleep and can't be disturbed, but these stations and NPCs exist in game for the purpose of crafting, not to be idle half the play time. There's zero good effect or Gothic horror generated, only player frustration.

Locking these places because Barovians lock their doors at night might be more faithful to the setting. If PCs are supposed to stay indoors during Old Noapte, however, they need something to *do,* and thus some incentive to stay indoors.

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2019, 08:13:18 AM »
I made a new character who died last night, so I respawned. Wasn't too stressed because I knew I had the xp to spare to not lose my level. Respawn no problem.

This morning I logged on to rest and got the message "improper level detected, -2000 xp" and then it dropped me down my new level hit points causing me to "pass out" and made me level 2.

Long story short, I think the server just stole 2k xp from me.

Character is Gabriele Boca
Account Barovian Sins
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2019, 08:19:43 AM »
I made a new character who died last night, so I respawned. Wasn't too stressed because I knew I had the xp to spare to not lose my level. Respawn no problem.

This morning I logged on to rest and got the message "improper level detected, -2000 xp" and then it dropped me down my new level hit points causing me to "pass out" and made me level 2.

Long story short, I think the server just stole 2k xp from me.

Character is Gabriele Boca
Account Barovian Sins

Just an update, new rest message indicatates I am close to level so it was not 2k taken. i'm thinking maybe the death penalty was applied twice.
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2019, 10:06:36 PM »
A Besom broom appears to sell for only 1 gold piece.

Has 48 charges, Dispels Magic at the cost of three charges.

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2019, 03:04:20 AM »
port a lucine is literally unplayable and trying to transition between zones enters me into a crash loop which dms cannot rescue me out of, between publique and marchand on the middle terrace (between the voix de l'ame and the red vardo store). yes, i played around with all my settings.

other players are also reporting lag and frequent crashes.

please do not wait on beamdog to fix their game. i suggest trying to single out the vfx that causes this issue, remove it, and reinsert it once it is confirmed that the parent company fixed their erroneous implementations.

inajira bless.

p.s.: it happens in vallaki sometimes too, so might be worth looking into.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2019, 03:50:06 AM »
port a lucine is literally unplayable and trying to transition between zones enters me into a crash loop which dms cannot rescue me out of, between publique and marchand on the middle terrace (between the voix de l'ame and the red vardo store). yes, i played around with all my settings.

please do not wait on beamdog to fix their game. i suggest trying to single out the vfx that causes this issue, remove it, and reinsert it once it is confirmed that the parent company fixed their erroneous implementations.

inajira bless.

I’d be curious to know what makes you think it’s a VFX, since generally my first suspicion is specific graphics hardware interacting badly with a tileset?
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Bastard Son

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2019, 04:01:13 AM »

inajira bless.

Ive been experiencing this too, actually till now thought it was just me.
Theodore Brosk

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2019, 07:47:43 AM »

inajira bless.

If you want to help take a screenshot of where it happens for reference then open up your toolset, load the POTM haks, recreate that area and see if you crash when loading it. Then delete placeables until you find the one causing the crashes. Since it’s inconsistent you’ll need to do a few runs per placeable you remove. Then once you’ve found the problem  report it. That’s the most efficient way of telling if it’s caused by that. It may take you a few hours at least but it’ll be worth it.

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2019, 08:00:18 AM »
It seems when the Lady of Mysteries temple got updated, the location of the shop keeper  was made so that from which ever direction you speak to them from, they'll be unable to see you and issue the [looks about confused] dialog.

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2019, 11:59:36 AM »
Asking Biskop Taico in Nordenvall Fane to restore you from draining has a cost of 200gp but ends up being a cast of Heal, instead. Reproduction rate thus far is 100%.

This should now be fixed.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2019, 12:00:06 PM »
It seems when the Lady of Mysteries temple got updated, the location of the shop keeper  was made so that from which ever direction you speak to them from, they'll be unable to see you and issue the [looks about confused] dialog.

This should also be fixed.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2019, 12:01:27 PM »
Morninglord temple in the outskirts: it seems the crypts have a door, that can be opened and closed, but the door is not visible. It does however make the regular door noises when opened and closed respectively.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2019, 12:02:18 PM »
At night.

Entered at one gate (which was locked) but was admitted after trudging footsteps, etc. Went to the other gate to continue my journey, and the guard would not say anything except for my kind to not cause trouble. In the past I've made the same trek (leaving the herbalist heading toward Vallaki) and been allowed out with a warning I wouldn't be allowed back in.

When daylight came the guard wandered away, and the gate unlocked (although still closed), so I could leave.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2019, 12:03:59 PM »
Some minor things:

- Morninglord temple in Vallaki slums: the staircase transitions have doors that can be closed, except no door is visibile!? They do make the door noise when one closes them though.

- Murnu's Mercantile in the warehouse district of Vallaki: if one enters his shop, even at a relatively late hour such as 14 pm, he is still in his bedroom. However if one opens the room to the bedroom he goes to the storeroom and sells regularly. Guess he is a merchant on demand? I suspect this is due to him not opening the door of his bedroom. He does however open the curtain to the storeroom without issues.

- Vallaki, crafting house in the Warehouse district: Aleksei Volznik says that he got everything except for the bee's wax, for which he advises to go to a guy south from there, except that... Aleksei actually got also the bee's wax in his shop inventory. So I guess that line is outdated perhaps?

First and third should hopefully now be fixed.

callofzoidberg

• New to the Mists
  • It burns when I RP
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2019, 12:38:57 PM »
I'm not sure if this is an issue or a suggestion, but I'll place it here. First of all, awesome job with the height slider!

I was wondering if it would be possible to get a confirmation when the height has been changed.  I see the "You are using the customize command" but maybe something that says "You have just altered your height. You are now shown to be (Inches)"

Thanks for the consideration.
Caitlin O'Kellee - Born without 'Talent'
Armistice - Debutante

Mereyn

• Undead Slayer
  • Resident Observer of the Freakshow
Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2019, 05:18:44 PM »
The height customization for halflings seems to be a bit off. A lightfoot halfling male from Forgotten Realms starts at 37 inches.
As a test I've customized the height to be the highest possible, which is 40. The halfling character in question didn't grow taller,
but became considerably smaller.

Pav

• Dark Power
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2019, 10:44:19 PM »
I’d be curious to know what makes you think it’s a VFX, since generally my first suspicion is specific graphics hardware interacting badly with a tileset?

it hasn't been a problem until the last update by beamdog (though it's been flaring up since the last hak update), my graphics hardware hasn't changed nor do i really update my drivers for fear of this exact issue.

If you want to help take a screenshot of where it happens for reference then open up your toolset, load the POTM haks, recreate that area and see if you crash when loading it. Then delete placeables until you find the one causing the crashes. Since it’s inconsistent you’ll need to do a few runs per placeable you remove. Then once you’ve found the problem  report it. That’s the most efficient way of telling if it’s caused by that. It may take you a few hours at least but it’ll be worth it.

on it chief.

while i'm here, @lastresettime doesn't seem to work anymore.

Pav

• Dark Power
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2019, 12:40:14 AM »
As well, changing heights out of the default setting increases your OCR, regardless of your race's range.

All of my characters spiked by 2, despite being below 5'11 tall humans. One of my characters is shorter by a single inch, and still saw an OCR increase.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2019, 12:43:13 AM »
As well, changing heights out of the default setting increases your OCR, regardless of your race's range.

All of my characters spiked by 2, despite being below 5'11 tall humans. One of my characters is shorter by a single inch, and still saw an OCR increase.

Found the issue. We'll resolve it in an upcoming update.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2019, 01:21:41 AM »

Found the issue. We'll resolve it in an upcoming update.

I think this might occur even without changing your PC's height?

Because I thought one of my PC's had a spike, so I looked at the other before changing her height, and she didn't increase after the change. But her OCR already seemed elevated to what it was previously.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2019, 03:13:58 AM »
@lastresettime is now a subcommand of @server.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Mereyn

• Undead Slayer
  • Resident Observer of the Freakshow
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2019, 04:54:28 AM »
Rangers cannot pick two-weapon defense without wasting a feat on two-weapon fighting to qualify.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2019, 06:34:08 AM »
@lfrp will no longer toggle LFRP mode on. No message is returned.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.