You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 65747 times)

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2019, 11:18:41 AM »
Last night it did not appear that the DM vampire we were fighting was harmed by Healing Circle III. I don't know whether its being a DM vampire makes any difference, but I would assume Spell Resistance or something like that would still show up in the log:

[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:03]  Iridni Ren casting Healing Circle III
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:03] Attack Of Opportunity : Viktor Sagunovich attacks  Iridni Ren : *hit* : (7 + 36 = 43)
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:03]  Iridni Ren : Initiative Roll : 2 : (2 + 0 = 2)
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:03]  Iridni Ren : Damage Resistance absorbs 5 damage
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:03]  Iridni Ren : Damage Reduction absorbs 12 damage : 138 points remaining
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:04] Asariel Mina'stellyr casts Sunburst
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:04] Morrígan Harding  casting Haste
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:05]  Iridni Ren casts Healing Circle III
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:05] Trentor Atiens  : Healed 42 hit points.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:06]  Iridni Ren : Healed 0 hit points.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:06] Anastasia Caris: *she raises her necklace*
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:06] Anastasia Caris : Healed 0 hit points.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:06] Morrígan Harding  : Healed 0 hit points.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:06] Morrígan Harding  casts Haste
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:08] Anastasia Caris turns undead.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Tue Apr 16 23:29:10]  Iridni Ren attacks Viktor Sagunovich : *hit* : (5 + 34 = 39)

Clearly, I was in range because the vampire attacked and damaged my PC (although the spell also wasn't disrupted as seen by the healing messages for the PCs).

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2019, 11:22:34 AM »
No issue here, I just didn't apply the vampire subrace to the NPC because I'm a worthless hack.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2019, 12:00:45 PM »
Hahaha :D

Itikar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2019, 10:32:28 PM »
Maybe there's something I am missing, but at the Broken Bell Inn in Vallaki, Market District, the innkeeper says to check in the back by Igor, if one wants work.

Now in the back the room is locked, even if one uses [knock], so maybe there's something I am missing or there's an oversight here. :?:

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2019, 11:47:33 PM »
Maybe there's something I am missing, but at the Broken Bell Inn in Vallaki, Market District, the innkeeper says to check in the back by Igor, if one wants work.

Now in the back the room is locked, even if one uses [knock], so maybe there's something I am missing or there's an oversight here. :?:

The door is plot-locked intentionally, because this is a DM-reliant interaction; any position taken there is expected to be actively roleplayed to a certain extent. If you're interested in this, you can make a post over in this thread and a DM will try to help you out and run an encounter.

Itikar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2019, 06:42:46 AM »
Oh, thanks, sorry for the trouble. I thought it was a mechanical quest. :)

Itikar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2019, 08:25:15 PM »
Some minor things:

- Morninglord temple in Vallaki slums: the staircase transitions have doors that can be closed, except no door is visibile!? They do make the door noise when one closes them though.

- Murnu's Mercantile in the warehouse district of Vallaki: if one enters his shop, even at a relatively late hour such as 14 pm, he is still in his bedroom. However if one opens the room to the bedroom he goes to the storeroom and sells regularly. Guess he is a merchant on demand? I suspect this is due to him not opening the door of his bedroom. He does however open the curtain to the storeroom without issues.

- Vallaki, crafting house in the Warehouse district: Aleksei Volznik says that he got everything except for the bee's wax, for which he advises to go to a guy south from there, except that... Aleksei actually got also the bee's wax in his shop inventory. So I guess that line is outdated perhaps?

Itikar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2019, 07:52:15 PM »
Another one today, I thought that mundane shuriken were sold for 0 gp only in the tutorial, but apparently also other merchants, such as the one in Vallaki, sell them for literally nothing! I would suggest to make them cost 1 gp per stack.

I also wonder if the price is due to being sold in stacks of 50, and if maybe selling them in stacks of 99 would fix the issue.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2019, 08:30:26 PM »
Another one today, I thought that mundane shuriken were sold for 0 gp only in the tutorial, but apparently also other merchants, such as the one in Vallaki, sell them for literally nothing! I would suggest to make them cost 1 gp per stack.

I also wonder if the price is due to being sold in stacks of 50, and if maybe selling them in stacks of 99 would fix the issue.

They may show up as 0 gp but they are still sold for 1 gp.

Some minor things:

- Morninglord temple in Vallaki slums: the staircase transitions have doors that can be closed, except no door is visibile!? They do make the door noise when one closes them though.

- Murnu's Mercantile in the warehouse district of Vallaki: if one enters his shop, even at a relatively late hour such as 14 pm, he is still in his bedroom. However if one opens the room to the bedroom he goes to the storeroom and sells regularly. Guess he is a merchant on demand? I suspect this is due to him not opening the door of his bedroom. He does however open the curtain to the storeroom without issues.

- Vallaki, crafting house in the Warehouse district: Aleksei Volznik says that he got everything except for the bee's wax, for which he advises to go to a guy south from there, except that... Aleksei actually got also the bee's wax in his shop inventory. So I guess that line is outdated perhaps?

I'll try to fix all three; not sure about Murnu's though.

haifisch021

• Undead Master
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2019, 03:01:19 AM »
Voice of Wrath can be taken at level one by rangers at level one despite not yet having access to 1st-level spells (which is the prerequisite for the feat).

How to recreate: Create a level one ranger and select the feat :P
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is hell; myself am hell;
And in the lowest deep a lower deep,
Still threat’ning to devour me, opens wide,
To which the hell I suffer seems a heaven.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2019, 10:50:07 PM »
Voice of Wrath can be taken at level one by rangers at level one despite not yet having access to 1st-level spells (which is the prerequisite for the feat).

How to recreate: Create a level one ranger and select the feat :P

Yeah, no way around that. It's actually the same thing with a few NwN basic feats.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2019, 06:48:23 PM »
Zeklos Keep: If you are an Elf, the gate guards will speak to you and let you in. But they will not speak to you at all once inside except to say your kind had better not cause any trouble, effectively trapping you.

I don't think this was the case until recently, because I'm pretty sure my Elf PC could come and go at night, once she went through the conversation and subsequent wait. They would say, if she left, they wouldn't let her back in, but they would allow her to leave.

If it's intentional and suspicion of Elves, it's odd they let "her kind" in but won't let her out :D

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2019, 09:58:32 PM »
Zeklos Keep: If you are an Elf, the gate guards will speak to you and let you in. But they will not speak to you at all once inside except to say your kind had better not cause any trouble, effectively trapping you.

I don't think this was the case until recently, because I'm pretty sure my Elf PC could come and go at night, once she went through the conversation and subsequent wait. They would say, if she left, they wouldn't let her back in, but they would allow her to leave.

If it's intentional and suspicion of Elves, it's odd they let "her kind" in but won't let her out :D

Did that occur at day or night? If it was during the day, was the gate locked initially?

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2019, 10:16:41 PM »
At night.

Entered at one gate (which was locked) but was admitted after trudging footsteps, etc. Went to the other gate to continue my journey, and the guard would not say anything except for my kind to not cause trouble. In the past I've made the same trek (leaving the herbalist heading toward Vallaki) and been allowed out with a warning I wouldn't be allowed back in.

When daylight came the guard wandered away, and the gate unlocked (although still closed), so I could leave.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2019, 10:28:04 PM »
This bug isn't exclusive to elves. There are times I log in or spend a long time in Zeklos or Krezk, only to have the guard ignore me when I ask to be let out, and it happens on half-elf and human characters. I have noticed it happening as early as one month ago when I started frequenting these places, and as recently as today when I planned to get out and park my character elsewhere before logging out.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2019, 10:40:22 PM »
Can the gate conversation be initiated by clicking on the gate itself, when you're on the inside, to have him open it and let you out? I know from the VoB mechanics there is an option to talk to the guard directly as well as gate dialogue, just wondering if the gate-triggered dialogue can still be used if for some reason the dialogue option for guard gate duty doesn't have priority over generic text.

Or maybe guards just don't like letting people out into the night for their own safety west of Vallaki..

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2019, 10:50:04 PM »
The gate is locked, the guard has to be the one spoken to. You can freely walk in and out repeatedly, but if you log in or spend a long time in there, sometimes you just cannot get out. The buildings are also locked at night, despite the fact there are night-shift workers who trade positions with the day-shift workers. The guards sometimes disappear seconds after walking away from the gate without faux-entering a building, and the gate unlocks without anyone even coming out to lock it...

As for VoB, I wasn't even aware there was dialogue to get that gate open. I have freely walked in and out of them every single time just by clicking on the gates, am I thinking of the wrong side perhaps?

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2019, 11:55:48 PM »
Can the gate conversation be initiated by clicking on the gate itself, when you're on the inside, to have him open it and let you out? I know from the VoB mechanics there is an option to talk to the guard directly as well as gate dialogue, just wondering if the gate-triggered dialogue can still be used if for some reason the dialogue option for guard gate duty doesn't have priority over generic text.

Or maybe guards just don't like letting people out into the night for their own safety west of Vallaki..

Clicking on the gate doesn't initiate the conversation, but perhaps it did at one time...and that's what changed?

Regarding your second paragraph, however, to repeat...he did used to say that you were leaving at your own risk. Now he only says not to cause any trouble.

I realize that Barovia in general started having locked doors at night awhile ago. That's when it first started being required that you talk to the guard. But this new behavior--where he won't talk to you--started recently.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2019, 07:23:59 PM »
Spoiler: show

Clicking on the gate doesn't initiate the conversation, but perhaps it did at one time...and that's what changed?

Regarding your second paragraph, however, to repeat...he did used to say that you were leaving at your own risk. Now he only says not to cause any trouble.

I realize that Barovia in general started having locked doors at night awhile ago. That's when it first started being required that you talk to the guard. But this new behavior--where he won't talk to you--started recently.

I just now talked to the guard successfully. However, my PC leveled since the last conversation and gained a point in Cha, which also reduced her OCR by 1. So I'm wondering if perhaps Star Elves were given an extra point of OCR in the last mod, and this caused the garda to quit speaking to her.

If not, it seems the guard's behavior is inconsiistent.

Itikar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2019, 08:45:43 AM »
This is only tangentially related, and I don't know if this is the right place, but the wiki is currently missing a background image.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2019, 08:59:40 PM »
If you have 3 NPCs following you only the first 2 can do emotes, the third can't do emotes.

Itikar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2019, 08:46:15 PM »
Morninglord temple in the outskirts: it seems the crypts have a door, that can be opened and closed, but the door is not visible. It does however make the regular door noises when opened and closed respectively.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2019, 08:39:16 PM »
I am posting about the bugged Zeklos and Krezk gates and doors again since the bug has been persisting for the past couple months and it makes these areas far less appealing.

The doors

Expected behaviour: You can freely enter businesses in these towns at night because there are often designated night shift workers who go on duty when the doors lock.
Bug in question: The doors are locked, but pickable. You can freely enter, talk to the specifically designated night shift worker, and continue your crafts while it is night time.
Steps to reproduce: Wait for nightfall. Pick the lock to any business in Zeklos or Krezk (DC 28 or so, you are never in line-of-sight of a guard). Freely do business.

The gates

Expected behaviour: The gate is locked at night, but with a brief conversation, the guard lets you in or out.
Bug in question: At around 4 AM in-game time, or maybe 5 AM, the guard won't let you out of Zeklos or Krezk, even if he would let you in or out at any other time of night. In some areas he consistently disappears for no reason, and the gates swing open without anyone being there.
Steps to reproduce: Walk in and out of the gates of Zeklos or Krezk freely, at any point of the night, until about 4 or 5 AM. The guard will no longer let you leave. This next part is specifically in Zeklos, where if you watch for a little longer, the guard will just walk away, disappear without actually walking up to the entrance of any building, and then shortly after, the gate swings open with nobody nearby, which happens shortly after 6 AM I believe.

Notes: Footage to come soonish. I just need to actually get out to Zeklos at this exact time. But it has a 100% reproduction rate, it never not happens.

OOC problems leading to area abandonment: Like the RP XP cap in Western Barovia, these bugged behaviours shove players away and incentivize them going to more convenient places like Dementlieu for OOC reasons rather than IC reasons. In Dementlieu, it's already about a 2 minute walk to get to the dye vendor from the entrance of the city. Two transitions. Zeklos and Krezk have major low-level crafting hubs and dye vendors. To get to Krezk from Zeklos, you risk running into some of the most powerful outdoor mobs in the game which can be found patrolling when not in "sleep mode" idling, but still their spawns are very close to the road. You also have to spend around 5 minutes at a full running pace just to get to Zeklos from the Vallaki outskirts. This makes the region so unattractive when paired with the bug.

To those in disbelief: I understand that it's Barovia, but why would tavern doors be unlocked at night, but other businesses lock, despite some of them having specifically designated night shift workers that appear in there as the sun sets ingame, but you can't access them without breaking and entering? The only way to do business in these places is to bash or pick your way in, or just log in on the interior while it's night time. Something is wrong.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2019, 10:32:01 PM »
Spoiler: show
I am posting about the bugged Zeklos and Krezk gates and doors again since the bug has been persisting for the past couple months and it makes these areas far less appealing.

The doors

Expected behaviour: You can freely enter businesses in these towns at night because there are often designated night shift workers who go on duty when the doors lock.
Bug in question: The doors are locked, but pickable. You can freely enter, talk to the specifically designated night shift worker, and continue your crafts while it is night time.
Steps to reproduce: Wait for nightfall. Pick the lock to any business in Zeklos or Krezk (DC 28 or so, you are never in line-of-sight of a guard). Freely do business.

The gates

Expected behaviour: The gate is locked at night, but with a brief conversation, the guard lets you in or out.
Bug in question: At around 4 AM in-game time, or maybe 5 AM, the guard won't let you out of Zeklos or Krezk, even if he would let you in or out at any other time of night. In some areas he consistently disappears for no reason, and the gates swing open without anyone being there.
Steps to reproduce: Walk in and out of the gates of Zeklos or Krezk freely, at any point of the night, until about 4 or 5 AM. The guard will no longer let you leave. This next part is specifically in Zeklos, where if you watch for a little longer, the guard will just walk away, disappear without actually walking up to the entrance of any building, and then shortly after, the gate swings open with nobody nearby, which happens shortly after 6 AM I believe.

Notes: Footage to come soonish. I just need to actually get out to Zeklos at this exact time. But it has a 100% reproduction rate, it never not happens.

OOC problems leading to area abandonment: Like the RP XP cap in Western Barovia, these bugged behaviours shove players away and incentivize them going to more convenient places like Dementlieu for OOC reasons rather than IC reasons. In Dementlieu, it's already about a 2 minute walk to get to the dye vendor from the entrance of the city. Two transitions. Zeklos and Krezk have major low-level crafting hubs and dye vendors. To get to Krezk from Zeklos, you risk running into some of the most powerful outdoor mobs in the game which can be found patrolling when not in "sleep mode" idling, but still their spawns are very close to the road. You also have to spend around 5 minutes at a full running pace just to get to Zeklos from the Vallaki outskirts. This makes the region so unattractive when paired with the bug.

To those in disbelief: I understand that it's Barovia, but why would tavern doors be unlocked at night, but other businesses lock, despite some of them having specifically designated night shift workers that appear in there as the sun sets ingame, but you can't access them without breaking and entering? The only way to do business in these places is to bash or pick your way in, or just log in on the interior while it's night time. Something is wrong.

+1

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2019, 07:45:02 AM »
Another bug Arawn reminded me to post here.

Greater Restoration and Restoration both remove the debuffs tied to the Raise Dead spell. These debuffs are reapplied if you log out of the game or crash and rejoin before resting.

Reproduction is just so with a 100% success rate so far. I always use Greater Restoration immediately after resurrecting people in combat/dangerous areas to clear the debuff and fully heal them with only one spellcast. But if they crash or relog, they are debuffed until they rest.

These spells are in some very powerful circles, and I'd like to see them keep this utility to remain competitive for slots, but the bug fixed.