Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 65691 times)

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
  • Account for native characters.
Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2019, 07:17:47 AM »
Took two levels of rogue to start, and then one level of bard. I didn't get bard weapon proficiency, for some reason (noticed that I couldn't use longsword). It's worked fine on a build that I started with bard. Is the feat granted only on second level of bard, or is this a bug?
Carmine, Wynstan's Son - Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, Ezrite from land of tortellini.

Cassius

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2019, 11:42:08 AM »
A recent issue I've come across is with a NPC that frequents the Ezra Shrine within the Village of Barovia. He comes in during the night cycle and if he walks on us casting our cleric spells, we get hit with an OCR increase. I'm aware Barovians seldom can tell the difference between witchcraft and divine, but it seems unfortunate a NPC in our sanctum would hold the same reaction.

Is it possible to remove the OCR detection from this NPC or just prevent this NPC from entering the shrine entirely?

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2019, 08:36:36 PM »
We were exploring the Ooze cave and found out its full of vampires by accident.  We ran for dear life out into the bright sunshine and were followed by two of them.

They didn't burst into flames.

There should probably be something that keeps them from following you out if its daytime, and if they do, they should probably explode (though I could see how this would be highly exploitable, so maybe just making it so they won't transition outside during the day.

Chabxxu

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2019, 08:46:16 PM »
We were exploring the Ooze cave and found out its full of vampires by accident.  We ran for dear life out into the bright sunshine and were followed by two of them.

There should probably be something that keeps them from following you out if its daytime, and if they do, they should probably explode (though I could see how this would be highly exploitable, so maybe just making it so they won't transition outside during the day.

If my memory is correct, on the server, vampires take some damage per round and don't instantly explode.

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2019, 09:01:44 PM »
Don't think these particular ones were taking any damage.  We had a long battle with them, and by the time we finished the first, the 2nd was still "uninjured." It took at least 10 to 15 rounds to kill vamp #1, so vamp # 2 was either outrunning his damage with regen, or else he just wasn't taking damage.

I played on a server where when vampires went outside, they were immediately hit with a "combustion" effect and took big fire damage each round they remained outside.

A will save. vs. fear might be a nice touch too. The idea of seeing flaming vampires run around with those little floaty skulls makes me happy.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2019, 09:52:21 PM »
[deleted, wrong place to post this kind of reply, sorry.]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 10:22:13 PM by zDark Shadowz »

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2019, 11:01:38 PM »
From what I know, their regeneration is probably significant enough to counter the sunlight damage, whatever it is. It should probably be disabled in sunlight. They should have to make fort saves vs level drain, reflex saves vs slow, and will save vs fear in my opinion, once per turn (minute), so each different class of vampire is at threat of some kind of debuff. On top of this, they should also be flagged not to run outside, so the only way this can happen is if an MPC leads them to their doom.

Seems like less of a minor issue and more like a major inconsistency to me.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2019, 11:19:39 PM »
Not to be overly picky.. but sunlight should NUKE vampires. If not we're in twilight land. I could see like some ancient vampire withstanding it for a bit.. but my god if holy symbols and sunlight don't stop them.... *full body shiver* they aren't vampires.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2019, 11:28:38 PM »
Not to be overly picky.. but sunlight should NUKE vampires. If not we're in twilight land. I could see like some ancient vampire withstanding it for a bit.. but my god if holy symbols and sunlight don't stop them.... *full body shiver* they aren't vampires.

There is the Nosferatu Strain which can walk in the daylight like Dracula did in the book; it weakens them but doesn't kill them as it is described as "daylight powerlessness". I don't think any players are of that strain but some NPCs might be like that.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2019, 11:55:32 PM »
It's been a long time since I've seen an NPC vampire outside in the daytime, so I'm not sure whether anything has changed mechanically with EE etc.

When I last did, the vampire would slowly lose HP faster than it regenerated...if the game engine was "noticing" it. What I mean is, if I stood and observed the vampire so that it was motionless and not being controlled, nothing seemed to happen. Only when it was engaged did the sun effect seem to work. The vampire would appear to "wince" and take damage--such as a PC does with cold.

Also, my understanding is that it has to be full sunlight to devastate the vampire. Because we are in the Land of the Mists--particularly Barovia--much of the time we don't experience full sunlight, even during the day. The amount of damage it takes might be affected by the weather.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2019, 12:08:24 AM »
I agree, but this would probably be more interesting if and only if they appeared in sunlight, which they wouldn't. This is most certainly some kind of glitch. I like the idea of them slowly burning to nothing, especially if that means they are feared, slowed, drained, and utterly melting before your eyes. If they are just running at you full bore while damage slowly ticks away that's fairly uninteresting and may as well lock them all indoors at that point.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2019, 12:18:10 AM »
The flaw with at least part of this statement is that Holy Symbols don't inherently stop Vampires here.  The person wielding the Symbol must do so with faith and conviction, and that faith and conviction is something that should be present with the character regularly.  If it isn't, or if the PC in question has never had faith previously and is just whipping out the Symbol in reflex, the vampire is entirely capable of ignoring it.

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2019, 12:29:08 AM »
Let me clarify… in a lot of modern vampire movies, they like to turn the "holy symbol" thing into a myth. I agree they have to be used by someone with faith to be effective, and in all AMPC RP I've had, that's been done very well with opposed rolls.

Itikar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2019, 07:58:02 AM »
So, I found a pair of wind and fire wheels in game on my monk, and they are quite nice. However, I think they might have a small bug. Namely they cannot be used with flurry.

Now, I searched a bit before posting this, and turns out the wind and fire wheels are a pure homebrew weapon, but since they are exotic weapons in game and monks can still use them, it seems to me logical they have been added to the monk weapons here (like sai, nunchaku, tonfa, etc.), and therefore it would seem also logical that flurry worked with them as it does with these new monk weapons.

If not, then sorry for bothering. :P
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 10:01:23 AM by Itikar »

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2019, 08:01:21 AM »
Took two levels of rogue to start, and then one level of bard. I didn't get bard weapon proficiency, for some reason (noticed that I couldn't use longsword). It's worked fine on a build that I started with bard. Is the feat granted only on second level of bard, or is this a bug?
Bard Never gets profiency with longsword to My knowledge, perhaps your last character was Elf?

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2019, 08:19:05 AM »
Per the PoTM Wiki;  https://nwnravenloft.fandom.com/wiki/Bard

Bards get longsword prof on this server. I recently rolled a human bard and can confirm that I got longsword use without taking martial prof, so this sounds like a bug!

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2019, 08:21:39 AM »
You currently get it at bard level 2, something which will change with the hak update. As such it’s not a bug.

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2019, 08:24:46 AM »
Ohhh. That explains that, then! Forgot what level it appeared...

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2019, 08:29:04 AM »
A recent issue I've come across is with a NPC that frequents the Ezra Shrine within the Village of Barovia. He comes in during the night cycle and if he walks on us casting our cleric spells, we get hit with an OCR increase. I'm aware Barovians seldom can tell the difference between witchcraft and divine, but it seems unfortunate a NPC in our sanctum would hold the same reaction.

Is it possible to remove the OCR detection from this NPC or just prevent this NPC from entering the shrine entirely?

That’s not a bug. The NPC sleeps in the shrine at night. It also sends a clear message that the shrine is essentially unused since a beggar uses it as shelter.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2019, 08:46:21 AM »
I actually like the way Vampire age works on True Blood. Older you are, faster you are destroyed by sunlight, but on every other aspect you are stronger than younglings.. but anyways on this case, Vampire on sunlight should Be hit by Sunbeam every turn.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2019, 12:35:24 PM »

As indicated by others this isn’t a bug. The amount of damage taken by vampires is based on the amount of sunlight. The cloudier/darker the less damage. It’s affected by the hour of the day and the weather.

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2019, 02:16:25 PM »
Seemed like a bright sunny day but I didn’t look at the weather info, so it must have been cloudy? It was probably about 2 to 3pm though.

Thanks

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2019, 12:51:26 PM »
seems like ghost ethereal jaunt aint working as ghost keeps opening doors after hak update.

Also my wildshape didnt work, I tried to use it and made animation but said its tied to uses of wildshape and none ramaining, same after rest. could be wildshape/wildshape(non hostile) thing? there was another druind being cat so not sure if normal wildshape is only broken? addressed elsewhere already
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:02:45 PM by Thundron »

Ronalia

• New to the Mists
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2019, 03:47:37 PM »
Pack oxen and summoned creatures have been dropping off the party menu after going through transitions, and dominated animals need to be constantly told to follow to keep moving (if the character stops and then starts moving again, the animal will still be stopped in that place). Tried to read through the other notes; hope this isn't a repost. Thanks!

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 05:55:29 PM »
Pack oxen and summoned creatures have been dropping off the party menu after going through transitions, and dominated animals need to be constantly told to follow to keep moving (if the character stops and then starts moving again, the animal will still be stopped in that place). Tried to read through the other notes; hope this isn't a repost. Thanks!

That’s intentional. You must maintain a short distance from your pack animals, like having them on a leash. Otherwise you lose control.