Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 65708 times)

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
Topic for minor issues v3
« on: March 04, 2019, 09:17:59 PM »
Old thread was too large.

Sometimes, we miss out on some of the very basic minor bugs and misconfigurations in the heat of topics turning into principal, more long-winded discussions. As much as the latter is still relevant, I think we would still benefit from making it a bit more effective and separating the two.

This topic is intended to make aware all the minor issues that's very forward to evaluate what's wrong and just a matter of getting around fixing it - like an item missing from a crafting store, a placeable placed wrong etc. Compiling it here should reduce the possibility of it . As the things are fixed, the posts will be removed from the topic.

Feel free to post anything that might already have been reported before in other topics but never got around to be fixed. No matter how minor, it usually takes very little time fixing these things, especially if we are already working with the area involved. Insignificant as it may seem, the little quirks tend to spoil the natural immersion into the game experience.

Thanks for helping :)

Gods_Kill_People

• Outlander
Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 09:21:04 PM »
In Darkon in the swamps, there is a section of the road that is floating off the ground, pointed this out to Brimstone during the event, but figured to post it here.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 09:29:18 PM »
In Darkon in the swamps, there is a section of the road that is floating off the ground, pointed this out to Brimstone during the event, but figured to post it here.

We don't have Darkon in the module.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Gods_Kill_People

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 09:34:49 PM »

We don't have Darkon in the module.

Its whatever maps Brimstone used for it, would need to ask him about the plot he did there.

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 09:44:09 PM »
That was a road placeable I put down. Now everyone knows I mailed in laying down that road section! :lol:

Gods_Kill_People

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 09:45:05 PM »
That was a road placeable I put down. Now everyone knows I mailed in laying down that road section! :lol:

LOL, well, still loved the event anyways!

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 12:12:44 AM »
Kethyar (longbow) gives an Armor Bonus instead of an Attack Bonus.

Sloan

• Outlander
  • head empty, bags full
    • my carrd
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 12:28:12 AM »
Kethyar (longbow) gives an Armor Bonus instead of an Attack Bonus.

Should just make that official. That's real neat.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 09:49:19 AM »
Dame Godiva arrives in Port:

Maybe a PC had pick-pocketed her?

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
  • Account for native characters.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 01:51:23 AM »
Barovia - Road to Zeidenburg - Berez

Today, I have had trouble entering this area. Much like the Port-a-Lucine Bazaar, I get stuck transitioning and eventually crash or time out. I managed to load in successfully once, but all other attempts have needed a DM to rescue me from a loop. No issues with any other areas. No configuration changes.
Carmine, Wynstan's Son - Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, Ezrite from land of tortellini.

Cortege

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 05:24:01 AM »
Miner's Merriment - the front door is lockable with a DC of 1, but unlockable with a much higher DC. Meaning pretty much anyone can lock the front door and stall all traffic for an indeterminate amount of time. I definitely didn't do that. :facepalm:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 05:25:39 AM by Cortege »
Prepare for death and follow me.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 02:25:20 PM »
[Opens door slightly ajar, reaches behind, pushes the lock button in, shuts the door that now requires a key or some lock-picking to open.]

When crafting arrowheads, they don't appear to be craftable 'in bulk'.

The presence of a completed arrowhead on the anvil prevents other arrowheads from being crafted until the completed one is removed. This is in opposition to many other crafts that don't require the removal of a completed item in order to craft a new/similar item.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2019, 08:48:21 PM »
VoB Western Outskirts, gate to the village.

When in ethereal jaunt, I could not pass through it. Played the correct animation, and sometimes moved my PC, but never to the other side of the gate.

Sometimes I would be moved up to the gate. Sometimes I would slide along it. But I did not pass through, as, for example, happens on the gate in Port's Savant.

Was also under the effect of Bull's Strength, Eagle's Splendor, and Divine Vigor at the time.

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 02:02:02 AM »
VoB Western Outskirts, gate to the village.

When in ethereal jaunt, I could not pass through it. Played the correct animation, and sometimes moved my PC, but never to the other side of the gate.

Sometimes I would be moved up to the gate. Sometimes I would slide along it. But I did not pass through, as, for example, happens on the gate in Port's Savant.

Was also under the effect of Bull's Strength, Eagle's Splendor, and Divine Vigor at the time.

Ethereal Jaunt

Spell Level: Cleric 7; Wizard / Sorcerer 7

Innate Level: 7

School: Transmutation

Descriptor:

Component: Verbal, Somatic

Range: Personal

Area of Effect / Target: Caster

Duration: 1 Turn + 1 Round / Level

Save: None.

Spell Resistance: No

The caster becomes ethereal. An ethereal creature is invisible and insubstantial. As an insubstantial creature, the caster can move through other living creatures (but not walls or objects) and cannot be affected by physical or magical damage or effects. However, force effects (Magic Missile, Isaac's Greater Magic Storm and Isaac's Lesser Magic Storm) and abjurations affect an ethereal creature normally since their effects extend onto the Near Ethereal. An ethereal creature cannot attack other creatures, acquire items or gold, or cast spells. Casting spells or performing a hostile action will make the etherealness vanish.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 02:03:52 AM by Philos »

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 07:07:35 AM »
Ethereal Jaunt allows passing through unlocked doors. I use it this way all the time. See my comment regarding the gate in the Savant.

It's also clear from the animation and the movement that this particular gate is bugged, or at least wasn't working correctly at that moment.

(The gate was not locked.)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:09:44 AM by Iridni Ren »

Sloan

• Outlander
  • head empty, bags full
    • my carrd
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 04:51:00 PM »
Puddin' Mashers says "supprisingly" instead of "surprisingly" in the examine text.

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 08:17:27 PM »

The presence of a completed arrowhead on the anvil prevents other arrowheads from being crafted until the completed one is removed. This is in opposition to many other crafts that don't require the removal of a completed item in order to craft a new/similar item.

This is because Arrowheads are a crafting material. Crafting seems to always be 'last in' is the next targeted material, so when you make an arrowhead, it becomes the target for your next crafting. The script detects it as a crafting material, but you are using the wrong tool (since arrowheads wants a smiths hammer in an anvil)... thus gives the crafting error. Don't think this is 'fixable' with the current system.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2019, 08:15:14 AM »
You say that, but there's no issues with other crafting stations that make crafting materials.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2019, 04:41:42 PM »
Puddin' Mashers says "supprisingly" instead of "surprisingly" in the examine text.

Where did you get them?

Sloan

• Outlander
  • head empty, bags full
    • my carrd
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 05:10:55 PM »

Where did you get them?

ML crypts

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2019, 10:33:27 AM »

Where did you get them?

ML crypts

Thanks, found the issue and will fix it next update.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 01:48:22 AM »
The schoolmistress in the Ezrite School in the Tent City, Krofburg.
Her supply of the 'specialty' parchment items is not infinite, and I often find the four different ones missing (with space where they should be) and the normal one available.

EDIT: Apparently it happens at the Krezk Outpost, too. I think it's due to purchases made with a full inventory, but I recall a workaround being implemented to prevent that. Maybe it's not working?
Carmine, Wynstan's Son - Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, Ezrite from land of tortellini.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2019, 09:39:33 PM »
The schoolmistress in the Ezrite School in the Tent City, Krofburg.
Her supply of the 'specialty' parchment items is not infinite, and I often find the four different ones missing (with space where they should be) and the normal one available.

EDIT: Apparently it happens at the Krezk Outpost, too. I think it's due to purchases made with a full inventory, but I recall a workaround being implemented to prevent that. Maybe it's not working?

I'll fix those.

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2019, 01:37:44 AM »
if you're facing the door to the slums hospice in Valkali and go about a block to the left, there's a 1-sided pillar where you can see through it from the left.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2019, 03:08:36 AM »
The transition leading from Berez - The Trusty Ox - Upstairs -> the barn doesn't work. It works in the other direction, though.