Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v3  (Read 65730 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Topic for minor issues v3
« Reply #300 on: May 02, 2020, 11:42:50 AM »
I'll tweak the dialog a little bit to make it clearer but will keep the system as is. It promotes roleplay with members of the clergy and that store has some decent items; it would be too easy to abuse otherwise. The items in there aren't necessary to play either so no reason to give access to everyone.

The problem is no one is port has faction access, even though we have 3 Pc wardens that I am aware of.

If they're members of the faction they should be set up properly, which would require a DM's assistance. That has nothing to do with the dialog.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2020, 11:43:53 AM »
Two foxes spawn on the walls of Vallaki in Barovia - Vallaki - Shores of Lake Zarovitch

This should now be fixed.

The rented rooms at the Barnacle don’t work properly. You pay for them just like any other inn room but even if you’re the correct size/race for the place they don’t function as safe spots nor do they allow you to transport to the OOC hall. Bit silly for the only inn specifically flavored for Halflings in Port.

Wine-Stain

• New to the Mists
  • snip snip
« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2020, 09:59:15 AM »
The NPC at the bank in Vallaki no longer functions. He runs over when you click on him but a dialog doesn't open...

Apparently Eugen Dodos just didn't spawn that time! nevermind.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 11:26:45 PM by Wine-Stain »

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2020, 05:19:18 PM »
Using a bull's strength scroll incurred arcane spell failure. Am I misunderstanding maybe? Are scrolls that are divine only the only ones that don't incur it, as opposed to scrolls that can be divine?

TheFury

• Undead Slayer
  • "As you can see, Drew is the server bully."-Deceit
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2020, 07:27:09 PM »
Using a bull's strength scroll incurred arcane spell failure. Am I misunderstanding maybe? Are scrolls that are divine only the only ones that don't incur it, as opposed to scrolls that can be divine?

Was it spell failure from exhaustion? That could be the cause.
Get yourself a weapon that spits unending fire.
Discord Info: Kaithas#7352
Inactive. PM me for Trentor Atiens.
Happy Ending Offenders: Famorra Arendayel, Kymil Lornenil.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2020, 07:40:36 PM »
I'm not sure, but that's still arcane spell failure no? Is there a universal spell failure?

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #306 on: May 04, 2020, 10:43:42 PM »
Yeah, exhaustion is universal.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #307 on: May 05, 2020, 12:26:36 AM »
I was definitely not exhausted though. I'm sure I'd have remembered.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #308 on: May 05, 2020, 12:32:55 AM »
Per this thread, if the spell has a somatic component, it can fail when cast from a scroll, regardless of it is both divine and arcane:

https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=45678.msg571682#msg571682

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #309 on: May 05, 2020, 12:39:02 AM »
Ah...that clears it up. Thanks Iridni.

Kinga

• 🎀𝐸𝓁𝒹𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒢𝑜𝒹𝒹𝑒𝓈𝓈🎀
  • The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • 𝐵𝑒 𝒢𝒶𝓎 𝒟𝑜 𝒞𝓇𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈
« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2020, 10:49:05 AM »
So, I found this in the Mist Camp today...

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #311 on: May 07, 2020, 11:14:07 PM »
I can't drink from the Oasis of Apep. I can click once, but clicking again brings up the previous message.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #312 on: May 08, 2020, 07:31:48 PM »
I think pinning an ox may be broken. I pinned one and waited two hours before logging back in, and it did not reappear.

Then I pinned one and logged back in after a reset. Again, no ox.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #313 on: May 08, 2020, 07:45:22 PM »
On the outdoor stage, by the giant fist, in Barovia - The Watcher Estate, a snow placable is overlapping the edge by a a considerable distance.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #314 on: May 08, 2020, 10:46:04 PM »
On the outdoor stage, by the giant fist, in Barovia - The Watcher Estate, a snow placable is overlapping the edge by a a considerable distance.

I can't drink from the Oasis of Apep. I can click once, but clicking again brings up the previous message.

I'll fix those.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #315 on: May 09, 2020, 10:57:07 AM »
"Mid-way Haven, Upper House, Ground Floor"

Sign of a 'Multi-denominational" has the same text as a "staff notice" one, about people being off on a honeymoon. Seems odds for a sign about the shrine to have that text on it.
I also have zero idea how often people come into this building, so might not even be worth looking at.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #316 on: May 10, 2020, 05:01:21 AM »
Barovia - Mt Ghakis - Kfrofburg - The Tent City - The Miners Merriment

Natasha Camorescu - Her conversation doesn't include any options to buy a drink, or rent a room.

The six bar stools are a little too close to the bar, it's really difficult to sit on them, I've arrived a number of times to see the NPC Andrex Caepasis, desperatly trying, and failing, to sit on one of the stools. They could be moved slightly to make it easier to sit on, but I think it would also be a good idea to remove one of the stools, just to make things a lot more practical.

Only the bouncer has any real portrait.

The dancing girls don't have a conversation, and they don't dance.

Since there is a woman playing a piano, I think a more musical song for the area music, as a suggestion.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #317 on: May 10, 2020, 12:37:39 PM »
Natasha Camorescu - Her conversation doesn't include any options to buy a drink, or rent a room.

That's intentional. Normally the player is run by players who provide the actual service.

The six bar stools are a little too close to the bar, it's really difficult to sit on them, I've arrived a number of times to see the NPC Andrex Caepasis, desperatly trying, and failing, to sit on one of the stools. They could be moved slightly to make it easier to sit on, but I think it would also be a good idea to remove one of the stools, just to make things a lot more practical.

I'll fix this.

I'll add portraits to most NPCs except the Prospectors.

The dancing girls don't have a conversation, and they don't dance.

That's intentional.

Since there is a woman playing a piano, I think a more musical song for the area music, as a suggestion.

There's a bug with that NPC; should be fixed with the rest for that area.

Sign of a 'Multi-denominational" has the same text as a "staff notice" one, about people being off on a honeymoon. Seems odds for a sign about the shrine to have that text on it.
I also have zero idea how often people come into this building, so might not even be worth looking at.

I'll fix this.

ChrisRanHimselfOver

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2020, 11:40:02 AM »
Tried to take a job as a docker in Port-a-Lucine and ended up a fisherman instead. Tried again to make sure I didn't misclick and it told me I was already working as a docker. When I tried to become a fisherman I didn't meet the stat requirements so I couldn't look to see if docker is mistakenly attached to the fisherman conversation option.

Currently Playing: Coltan Viris
Shelved: Tristan Hawkins, Robin Moreau

spookghetti

• New to the Mists
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2020, 06:48:55 PM »
The Stonespike heavy pick, doesn't function as a pickaxe (no message about it biting into the rock when mining), despite the description implying otherwise:

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2020, 07:19:09 PM »
Tried to take a job as a docker in Port-a-Lucine and ended up a fisherman instead. Tried again to make sure I didn't misclick and it told me I was already working as a docker. When I tried to become a fisherman I didn't meet the stat requirements so I couldn't look to see if docker is mistakenly attached to the fisherman conversation option.

I'll fix this.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #321 on: May 13, 2020, 04:19:40 AM »
I was in the Darklings forest area when suddenly I was being attacked by the Black Agnes. I thought I was crashing out, as it kept saying "Someone has attacked, someone cast this spell etc" but nothing was revealing itself.

I tanked all the spells and kept fighting and killing the other darklings I could clearly see until eventually during her "someone attacks" message in the combat log the Black Agnes suddenly showed up on her own from where she had been attacking me from, and combat resumed normally from there. I didn't have to exit or leave or move anywhere for this to suddenly occur.

I'm wondering if maybe when an NPC uses an Ethereal Jaunt scroll, they aren't subject to the usual effects that would otherwise cancel their Ethereal Jaunt? And maybe this is the problem with Malthor and other spellcasters that can spawn in with scrolls on their body not being visible but still being able to attack folk.

Edit: It wasn't a usual rendering bug where the creatures name was still there and you could attack of opportunity the creature. The Black Agnes's attacks were from a position of perpetual concealment, negating my dodge AC etc to consistently land hits far below my AC while I was in combat with the darklings, until she came out of concealment when I was almost done killing the nearby darklings.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:52:17 AM by zDark Shadowz »

Disorder

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #322 on: May 13, 2020, 05:06:00 AM »
Malthor problem is somehow connected to the line of sight, I think. The next thing happened to me in Perfidus two days ago: I lure Malthor out of its usual spot nearby the chests into narrow corridor. While I am doing it the line of sight was never broken. I've seen him all the way he's been walking towards me and could attack him without any problem. In the meantime my companions who stayed behind while I've been luring him out weren't able to see him.

When a polymorph (troll) spell been cast on me, while I was fighting, Malthor immediately disappeared from my screen, I wasn't able to target him again either.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2020, 09:54:52 PM »

I've added portraits to all NPCs except the Prospectors.

This should now be fixed. The piano player should let you change the music in the area.

This should now be fixed, although if you already picked the job you'll need to quit and try again to get the right one.

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2020, 10:19:51 AM »
I think the new inventory wiping function is deleting some of the default scrolls available in the merchants that would normally have a more extensive selection.