Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Height scaling

(1/7) > >>

King Pickle:
Why can't we adjust character model size on this server?
Yes, we really need to, and anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.
Before anyone makes the argument that its complicated and takes time to script: No.

Arawn:

--- Quote from: King Pickle on March 04, 2019, 05:52:32 PM ---Why can't we adjust character model size on this server?
Yes, we really need to, and anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.
Before anyone makes the argument that its complicated and takes time to script: No.

--- End quote ---

It's not complicated, until you consider that height must be set within a range that's acceptable per D&D rules, and that that range varies per gender and per subrace, and that we have dozens and dozens of subraces. There are also a couple of technical questions to be addressed about persistence and implementation.

In short: we're looking into it. But your attitude here and elsewhere is a bit poor.

Gods_Kill_People:
While I would personally enjoy this, telling DMs and Devs that if they don't agree with you that their wrong or anyone else for that matter, is a good way to make people not take you serious at all. Asking nicely will go a lot further.

Wholesome Memester:
While I'm not privy to the internal discussions probably the best approach is let it be laissez-faire. If you get extraordinarily tall people, you adjust their OCR as if they're Half-Orcs/caliban. There's nothing that I can foresee happening that has a long-term impact on the server even if we had one person play a fifteen foot Human barbarian that can't be fixed with screenshots and reporting.

It's a bit of a shame watching something getting stalled because people are going to be irresponsible with it.

PrimetheGrime:
I would love to see some scaling for sure. I hope that everything goes smoothly with their testing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version