• New to the Mists
« on: February 16, 2019, 01:21:18 PM »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:57:02 PM by Eyewitness »

haifisch021

• Undead Master
Re: Pinned to a tree near the Shrine of Ezra in the Mist Camp
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 03:00:56 PM »
[A crude note is nailed into the shrine with a dull iron stake. It reads:]

Miss Alaine is my friend. Any person who tries to extort my friend, I will hoist you on to a pike and slice you down the center. I will then feed your entrails to pigs and cure your skin into a leather.

Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is hell; myself am hell;
And in the lowest deep a lower deep,
Still threat’ning to devour me, opens wide,
To which the hell I suffer seems a heaven.

BattleCupcake

• Undead Slayer
  • The Old Cat Bard
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 03:06:41 PM »
A notice is pinned to the one in the Camp of Mists.

Friend,

If extreme poverty drives you to make enemies, Bastet, the Mother of Cats, always offers her hospitality. You needn't starve or go homeless; such is an inhumane atrocity to the Akiri people, and you need only ask for us to pay your room and board. Wither not in the sun, my child.

The name invoked in this accusation, a "Shelks" is one that has been executed for various crimes in three different realms; a name is a dirty thing, difficult to clean. I understand we are easy targets, as we dress with honesty to our worship of the Mother of Cats.

If you wish to waste the time of the Sisters Three further, leave a missive at the Resting House in Muhar. We will read your drivel.

P.S. Monsieur Shelks, much like anyone else of interest, is obscenely wealthy and would have left a private missive, not a meaningless public accusation.

JayJay

• Undead Slayer
  • Do Better.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 03:32:59 PM »
A Dagger struck into parchment joins the replies.

Be warned Knave that you tread upon rocky ground, for any who makes an enemy of MY ALLIES can consider themselves MY ENEMY. Your cowardly demands would be met with Steel, the unjust actions you have taken proves the unrighteous center of your cause. You will Extort no one this day, or in the days to come. Judgement awaits.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:51:51 PM by JayJay »

goldenelvensorceress

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 04:34:21 PM »
*At some point, someone removes all the notices, leaving only the iron stake and the dagger in place.*

*eventually someone takes the stake and the dagger and sells them to the mist camp Vardo*

haifisch021

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 04:41:36 PM »
[The note is soon returned, with one key difference: rather than be placed on paper, the note is carved into the stone itself.]

Miss Alaine is my friend. Any person who tries to extort my friend, I will hoist you on to a pike and slice you down the center. I will then feed your entrails to pigs and cure your skin into a leather.

[/quote]
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is hell; myself am hell;
And in the lowest deep a lower deep,
Still threat’ning to devour me, opens wide,
To which the hell I suffer seems a heaven.