Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Cure Minor Wounds (CMW)

<< < (3/8) > >>

SardineTheAncestor:
I've always been one to think reactive and risky spells should be more useful overall. But at the cantrip level, I don't think there's enough room to work with. Even if Virtue becomes a temporary 2HP, it's still going to be half as effective as CMW's healing, and that's fine, because someone else had to heal you, or you had to avoid attacks.

It won't change gameplay much, but it might bring it in line with the other cantrips.

HopeIsTheCarrot:
I have a hard time understanding why we are having a lengthy debate on gameplay balance in relation to a cantrip spell... Even at level 2, I've never found any of the cantrip spells to be particularly impactful or deserving a gameplay balance discussion. I think our time would be better suited focusing on weightier gameplay balance deliberations. But thats just my opinion, if there are really that many people who are passionate about CMW then have at it.

Iridni Ren:

--- Quote from: HopeIsTheCarrot on February 15, 2019, 08:04:26 AM ---I have a hard time understanding why we are having a lengthy debate on gameplay balance in relation to a cantrip spell... Even at level 2, I've never found any of the cantrip spells to be particularly impactful or deserving a gameplay balance discussion. I think our time would be better suited focusing on weightier gameplay balance deliberations. But thats just my opinion, if there are really that many people who are passionate about CMW then have at it.

--- End quote ---

I'm not passionate about it :)

Sometimes people seem to think I just like to argue--and maybe I do!--but really I feel that it's worse to say something and no one listen or have it ignored than to have someone disagree with or question you.

Dud_Goose:
I don't think it's irrelevant.  On plenty of occasions it has made the difference in stabilizing downed characters when there aren't any other options.

That said, I disagree with anything which further impacts clerics for the worse.  They got rare enough after the domain slot change.

becat:
Since about a real life year has passed, it might be worth seeing if any opinions had changed on seeing this spell reduced in power?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version