You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Suggestion, new commands: @spellsave and @spellrecall  (Read 1026 times)

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Suggestion, new commands: @spellsave and @spellrecall
« on: February 08, 2019, 05:17:39 PM »
The names are just suggestions, and this is a quality-of-life idea for non-spontaneous casters. Naturally, I don't know if it's technically doable.

@spellsave : Store in the character data object the current arrangement of spells to memorize at each level.

@spellrecall: Load into the spells to be memorized at each level the spells previously saved.

Ideally and if also doable, the PC could have some number of multiple stored arrangements (perhaps 3?). @spellsave 3 would then be the form of the command to store the current configuration in place #3 and @spellrecall 3 would load that configuration.

This would allow a caster to swap easily between spells depending on the situation she is preparing for. And switch back later. It also would help when casters have slot items they equip and unequip, causing them to have to remember to configure the lost spell slot again before resting. Likewise for in-game effects that cause temporary spell slot loss such as level drain.

Example:

A PC has a set of spells she prefers to use when tanking against the Cursed Swordsmen. She configures all her slots, and before (or after) resting types

@spellsave 1

Now if she wants all her spell slots configured that way in the future, she just types

@spellrecall 1

If she is going to be a buffbot for an encounter against the trolls, she might

@spellsave 2

And later

@spellrecall 2

But even just one such "default" configuration would be helpful if the command can't allow for several arrangements.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Suggestion, new commands: @spellsave and @spellrecall
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 05:21:41 PM »
Not currently possible.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Luthor

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 03:27:52 AM »
Oh how I wish this was possible. Wizarding really needs this
~ Luthor

BattleCupcake

• Undead Slayer
  • The Old Cat Bard
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 05:52:53 AM »
To implement this would require NWScript give us direct access to the player spellbook so we can change all their prepared spells and/or spells available.

If such a thing were possible, we'd have some support for druids casting spells in wild shape and elemental shape, no doubt.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 06:27:38 AM »
I know Escape from Uncertainty has this for their wizards, a command creates a note in the inventory, which has a unique power which is used to load your spells when you activate the unique power.

Damned if I know how they do it or what is required.