Author Topic: Curse Song - Subsonics  (Read 1006 times)

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
Curse Song - Subsonics
« on: January 28, 2019, 11:28:44 AM »
Curse song is not doing the appropriate (3d8 based on my level) sonic damage when cast using subsonics.

What: I've used subsonic curse song  combination many times and have never really noticed this as there is no combat log read out for the damage and kills, etc. I had it turned off with a server reset and cast a curse song and just happened to let it finish casting (I usually cancel the cast when I see it start) and it obliterated a ton of dire rats that were annoying me. It dawned on me that when I have casted it before this using subsonics I have never once killed dire rats.

Repeated: I was curious and ran around the sewers attracting hordes of rats, testing curse song with subsonics on and off. With subsonics on I never killed dire rats, with it on I did damage anywhere from 6-19 (more in line with 3d8) and killed the dire rats every single time. Without fail, maybe 10 casts each with subsonics on and subsonics off with the results as described above.

It's not a huge issue as the debuff is really my use for the curse, but it would be nice to not have to stand about slashing tons of trivial enemies if you're in a hurry say tying to escape a more dangerous enemy and some low level stuff is in your way.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Curse Song - Subsonics
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 08:40:21 PM »
I think I found the issue and will have it fixed; it's not necessarily that they don't take damage but they take very little damage.

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 08:41:03 PM »
Cam confirm this has been a Subsonics issue for some time. I just thought since the sound is less, the damage is also less.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

BattleCupcake

• Undead Slayer
  • The Old Cat Bard
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 04:23:50 PM »
I have suspected this for about half a year, but have been unable to confirm it due to the lack of combat log reception. Alas!~

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 08:19:39 PM »
This should now be fixed on the test server.

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 08:26:49 PM »
It is yes.